“Love that sports”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 21, 2012

Big resuarant with grrreat sports bar. But check out Captain Gregg's diving -

Reviewed March 10, 2012

The food is good and the price is great. This is the best spot in Sabang that I found to have dinner.

Reviewed February 21, 2012

Some friends had said that the steaks at Cap'n Gregg's were better than Hemingway's beef tenderloin. I said OK, I'll give them a try. So, this weekend, while in Sabang working on my Rescue Diving certification, I tried their steak. I had the 250g Australian porter house. The critique follows:

1) It's not a porterhouse cut. Porterhouse includes at least a part of the t-bone and the tenderloin. This had neither, as far as I could tell.
2) The steak had that 'seasoned' flavor that you get in cheap steakhouses. The seasoning is usually used to cover up the taste of the meat tenderizer they've used on the cheap cut of meat they sell.
3) The consistency was of tenderized steak...much like a Western Sizzler or Ponderosa in the States used to be.
4) The salad bar was OK, but minimal.

Ok 250 grams of meat plus salad bar for 500p ($11.50) isnt so expensive....but it isn't as good as Hemingway's.

2  Thank chinesebookie
Reviewed January 28, 2012

We arrived at Sabang well after lunchtime. We haven't had lunch so we stopped by this resto after reading good reviews about it. We were the only customers there at the time so we were expecting to have our food ready sooner. We just ordered seafood in coconut milk and rice but it took them more than half an hour to take the dish out. Before I told the waiter what we wanted, i asked her first if they can make the dish less spicy since we have a 3 year old son sharing the meal with us. She said it could be done. Finally the food came and my husband tasted the soup first. It literally burned his tongue. I tried it and it stung my throat. It was soooooo spicy. I would assume the waiter completely forgot to tell the chef to not make it spicy. After waiting for so long for our very late lunch, we headed out the door, paying only for our drinks.

1  Thank kazu1
Reviewed January 12, 2012

Great view, good service, filling breakfast. I used to have my breakfast here, mainly because of the good view and relaxed atmosphere. They are open till late. They serve some good Filipino rice dishes and fresh juices like Calamansi and Mango.

1  Thank timetohangupmyboots