“Nice dive resort”

Atlantis Dive Resort Puerto Galera
Ranked #2 of 55 Puerto Galera B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 1, 2014

First time for us to the Philippines and we liked this resort. We spent a week there before moving to it sister resort. The staff went out of its way to make us comfortable. We diving was good especially since you don't have to carry any of your gear.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
AtlantisDiveResorts, Public Relations Manager at Atlantis Dive Resort Puerto Galera, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Hi Chitown,
So glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Part of our staff’s signature service is to take care of everything for you, including carrying your gear. ☺ Thanks for your excellent review, and for also spending time with us at our resort in Dumaguete.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

We went to Atlantis Dive Resorts Puerto Galara in May 2013. The service and facilities are top notch! As a diver your every need is looked after. The dive gear lockers and rinse areas are well maintained. The camera building provides all levels of underwater camera enthusiast with everything you need to keep your camera and lights fully charged and ready for the next amazing dive! All the dive masters we worked with were amazing; very helpful and very knowledgeable about the local critters.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
AtlantisDiveResorts, Public Relations Manager at Atlantis Dive Resort Puerto Galera, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Thanks Erle for the top notch review! As a PADI 5 Star Gold Palm Resort we continually strive to maintain our excellent standards ☺

Reviewed May 23, 2014

In May of 2014 I spent 9 days at this resort with a group of 8 others from our dive shop and had a fantastic time. The diving was fantastic, the resort was wonderful and the staff terrific! I'm hoping to get a chance to go back to Atlantis Dive Resort in Puerto Galera in the near future.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
AtlantisDiveResorts, Public Relations Manager at Atlantis Dive Resort Puerto Galera, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

We love it that you had such a great trip Dave, and we sincerely thank you for the excellent review. Knowing that you “arrive as a guest”, we look forward to your return “as a friend” ☺

Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

Wow and wow again ! Now I came here in march 2013 and yes I know it's a very very late review but in my defence I didn't know about Trip Adviser ! Also it wouldn't let me go bk as far as march last year so had to put June
Anyway , I learnt to dive at Atlantis and got a fantastic teacher one on one tuition (can't remember his name ) couldn't wait to get into the sea ! It was awesome ! The room for me and my partner was awesome , was only up a few steps , loved the local dog Pino (although I here he's moved to America now ) he would come up to our room in the morning for a cuddle :) the food was amazing although we didn't have all inclusive just breakfast so we often ate out Captain Jacks is a great little place to eat , loved Sabang town so diverse and very friendly , didn't like the beach sellers so much , you have to be firm with them , the dive guides were brilliant at finding and pointing out fish and other sea life and looked after you :) loved the 50bar especially the popcorn hehe , all the staff were very accommodating , one small thing I didn't like so much was the "girlfriends / wife's "that some of the male guests had paid for in sabang town for there stay ! I know it goes on but I don't think they should be allowed to be able to go bk and stay in the rooms , not sure Atlantis are aware of this but my bf at the time and the couple who we came with said it happens a lot :) it sort if lowered the tone a bit
I would defiantly come bk to Atlantis !

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
AtlantisDiveResorts, Public Relations Manager at Atlantis Dive Resort Puerto Galera, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2014

We love your “better late than never” approach to your review ☺ and we appreciate your excellent rating. Your awesome experience in learning to dive with us is exactly what we want to hear back from our students (and guests) and we’re looking forward to your return visit…as a friend.

Reviewed May 9, 2014

We stayed and dived with Atlantis Puerto Galera for 6D5N and we loved every moment. It's certainly the most luxuriest and best option on Sabang Beach by far. The pricing might not be cheap but its all inclusive and takes care of everything.

The spa was really good as well to which our only regret was not doing more sessions!

We took the Honeymoon Suite which was their best room and though we loved the view and the privacy of this suite, nevertheless the climb up three flight of stairs each time to get to our room was truly painful especially after dives.

The food was good though at times a bit bland though the vast majority of foreigners would enjoy it. The food doesnt cater at all to Asian tastes though hence after a while there, it can get quite boring.

All in all, a great dive resort to which we would highly recommend to anyone and everyone.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
AtlantisDiveResorts, Public Relations Manager at Atlantis Dive Resort Puerto Galera, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

We are so pleased that you loved every moment with us, as that is what we aim to achieve – and congratulations on your nuptials ☺

Your high recommendation of our resort is very much appreciated. Our all-inclusive package is designed as the perfect way to enjoy our resort, dining and diving so our guests can indeed know we will take care of everything.

While we do have a decidedly “western” flair to our ever changing Blackboard Menu at Toko’s Restaurant, we do frequently offer our Mongolian Wok buffet where you can choose from a selection of freshly cut meats, seafood and vegetables that we then stir fried to order.

Thanks for your excellent review and we hope when you return you can take more time at our spa, especially since our staff is getting upgrade training beginning this week.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

Our stay at Atlantis PG was great. Great rooms, good food, great diving.
We were well taken care of right after we landed. Staff are friendly and helpful. Things are pretty organised and we are well-informed of everything we need to know.
The resort is a quiet and relaxing place just steps away from the noisy nightlife of the streets.
The rooms are clean. A shower curtain may be good, though, to avoid a wet floor around the washbasin.
The food at the restaurant is good, but the there are not enough choices on the breakfast menu, not even bread. Nonetheless, as vegetarians we are fortunate coz the staff kindly catered for our dietary needs without extra charges.
The dive center is spacious, clean and well-equipped. Dives are well-organised. Thanks to Chris we were offered a good price on our gear rental and extra dives, including a day trip to Verde Island which has a magnificent reef and a real "washing machine". It would be the main reason for my next diving trip to PG. (Canyon is also wonderful.) Thanks to the other Chris, our DM, we had much fun during our dives, esp. the mandarin dive seeing the cute little fish mate.
I enjoyed sunbathing at the swimming pool, but the massage at the Spa was not as good as the one I had on the street (Essence), which was also more reasonably priced.
Overall, I had an enjoyable stay and I will come back for its professional service and friendly atmosphere.

Room Tip: I prefer the upper floors as they are quieter and have better views, but then you've got to clim...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
AtlantisDiveResorts, Public Relations Manager at Atlantis Dive Resort Puerto Galera, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2014

You’ll be happy to know that in just a few days our entire spa staff will begin a full month of retraining on all massages, including Hilot, the ancient Filipino healing massage. This training is being done by an outside professional company and will be based on US standards, so on you’re next visit you can look forward to a professional and very relaxing massage with us. The diving at Verde Island is quite magnificent as you pointed out, and a nice addition to our local dive offerings including Canyons, which you experienced, and more than 30 prime dive sites that are mere minutes away from the resort. Special dietary requests such as vegetarian offerings are easily handled by our chefs, and while we do not serve sweet breads like cinnamon rolls and croissants for breakfast, we do offer toast and French bread with the morning entree. Thank you for your great review, and as you..."leave as a friend" we look forward to your return.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

I stayed at Puerto Galera Resort for 10 days.
I arrived in Manila around 22:30 and the car was waiting for me. The trip by car and then by boat went smoothly and once I arrived staff from the resort helped with the baggage. After a nice sleep I waked up for the morning breakfast that was very nice. If you are vegetarian like me just inform the staff and they will make sure to prepare the adequate food. After breakfast we begin diving. The diving went very smoothly due to a very professional and well trained staff. They really show us underwater many macro species and other nice thinks. It was very good that they showed us all that macro species that I am sure that without their guidance we may missed it. All in all beginning from the very low working level up to the management of the resort my impression was of a very good, friendly and professional staff. I will definitely return to Puerto Galera next year!

Room Tip: If you have problems climbing staires choose a low level room
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
AtlantisDiveResorts, Public Relations Manager at Atlantis Dive Resort Puerto Galera, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Thank you for your fantastic review. It is indeed very nice and reassuring to have our private transfer waiting (at any time) to take care of everything and get you safely and comfortably to the resort. I too am absolutely amazed how our dive guides find some of these critters! The best part is hearing that you are already planning a return visit with us ☺.