Out of the Blue Resort
Ranked #1 of 54 Hotels in Puerto Galera
Reviewed July 12, 2013

This is my 3rd time in Puerto Galera.
And these are the reasons why I love staying at Out of the Blue:

- Spacious Rooms
- Fantastic Food
- Friendly staffs
- Away from the girly bars
- Relaxing
- Helpful receptionists
- Tidy resort
- Love the soft bed
- No need to turn on the AC because the rooms were cool enough with just the ceiling fan.
- Painless to book with them. No hassle and definitely great customer service.
- Honest staffs. (My diamond necklace fell out of my pocket when I went to the restaurant's restroom. I didn't even notice it so there's no chance I know where I lost it. One of the staffs went to our room and asked if I'm missing any thing and of course I replied " Not that I can think of". The staff said, Maybe you lost your necklace? and I looked for my necklace inside my pocket and it was gone. The end of the story is, they gave it back to me. I am grateful because that was my husbands first birthday gift for me.

I will definitely recommend the place. Giving them a 2 thumbs up.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
OOTB-JB, Owner at Out of the Blue Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Hi PinkRuby. Thank you for your review and the nice things you had to say about Out of the Blue. Especially the comment regarding the honesty of our staff. I have followed this through and we had a staff meeting yesterday during which I passed on your thanks, and mine, to the staff member who made sure your diamond necklace was returned to you. We all congratulated and applauded her for her honesty. I am also proud to say this is not the first time this has happened.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We have recently stayed at Out Of The Blue, it had been recommended by a friend. Having never been to the Philippines, we were not too sure what to expect. We had arranged a private transfer from Manila by taxi then bangka and wow, as we came towards the beach and saw the resort, we were blown away. It truly is beautiful. The staff at OOTB couldnt do enough to help, from simple requests, to arranging bangka trips tp other beaches, jeepneys to take us wherever or whatever we wanted, they really couldnt do enough. The booking of the resort was very simple and check out pain free. We are already thinking when can we fit in a return trip.

Room Tip: The higher your apartments are the more breathtaking the view
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Diane S
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I have been coming Puerto Galera for several years now and have stayed at several resorts. But Out of the Blue is easily the best. This is where I will stay from here on in. Very efficient booking process. Great staff and they really care. Excellent rooms (very clean and upmarket) and terrific beds. Breakfast was great each day as were the evening meals we had in the restaurant - the Veranda, which has lovely views and breezes. Highly recommended for couples and families especially. Out of the Blue is really "out of the blue".

Room Tip: They add on a small fee for use of your credit card as many resorts in PG do. But they are very upfr...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This is the bext accommodation on the strip by far. It is bext to get organised and plan as they get booked out fast. This was a repeat visit for me, and I cannot fault this place, Genuine, smiling high quality staff, and a real desire to make the customer comfortable. The verandah restaurant is also one of (or the best) in Peurta Gallera. I have the Nicoise salad and the chickn ramen every day , and the breakfasts are also high quality. The steps to v2 are long, but they do keep you fit.

Room Tip: If there are two couples or two SIngles V2 iis extraordinary value as it has a wonderul cathedral li...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Excellent room, amazing view and peaceful environment! We stayed at suite S4 and I just didn't rate 5 stars because of the noise early in the morning, most of the time we woke up with the staff cleaning adjacent areas too early such as 7 am.
If you are a diver I'd recommend to book one of left rooms (when you are facing the beach) they have an additional balcony that you can use to dry your wet suits and equipment without making a mess in your room or ruining the other guests view. And if you stay at the hotel and dive with action divers shop you get an extra 10% discount in your dives.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jackie_HK
OOTB-JB, Owner at Out of the Blue Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Hi Jackie. Glad I had an opportunity to talk to you before you checked out. Thanks once again for the feed back re the noise. As you know, I planned to stay in the same villa the following night, which I did. I try to stay in each villa at least once every 2 months to make sure everything is tip top. As result, I was able to rack down most of the noise to 2 doors that make a bit of a racket when opened and closed. This has now been solved by adding some felt buffers. Plus some signs to remind our staff to be aware of guests resting in the villas nearby.

Hopefully next time you will give us the extra star!!

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Due to countless changes in target location and travel schedule, we never had a concrete plan for our short but sweet travel until all of a sudden we found our best option, out of the blue. Reservation process was very organized and resort personnel was very accommodating. We were accompanied by the resort staff from sabang beach port to the resort location which was quite a walk. When we reached the resort, we had our welcome drinks then ordered our lunch. The seafood we ordered was very good. Then we went to our room, for which we picked the most budgeted room rate given our anticipated length of stay in our room as compared to doing outside activities. I think we got the best value for money as we found the room still spacious though the resort personnel managed our expectation beforehand. The resort location has both positive and negative side; positive because of the nice view and negative due to the location being far from good swimming spots. Another thing we liked about the resort, is the wifi connection in three (3) major areas within the resort. Resort personnel also assisted in the arrangement of our tour the next day. Overall, what makes the resort special is the quality service.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Demz_Pogi
Reviewed June 13, 2013

A group of us went for our first weekend in Puerto gal era, i chose Out of the Blue as the place to stay for my weekend birthday bash. It was a great choice. Excellent resort, great food and wine, excellent service. I would go back again and again.
The steaks were superb in the restaurant on Saturday night. The wine cabinet had some very pleasant surprises, and the lower pool was a fabulous domain to spend the weekend to get away from the hustle and bustle of Manila

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends