“great time at ootb!”

Out of the Blue Resort
Ranked #1 of 52 Hotels in Puerto Galera
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Just got back from an 8-day stay at OOTB and generally very pleased! first stayed at V6 for 3 nights, loved the day bed which was a fave nook - the bedroom however didn't have any windows but still surprisingly pleasant - It was a quiet and cozy... Moved to V4 for another 5 nights which was very spacious, airy and bright. Above all loved the staff - who were at all times very friendly, helpful and polite. Thanks OOTB for a wonderful time in PG!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tropicalleaf
There are newer reviews for Out of the Blue Resort

Reviewed August 8, 2012

From the moment we where greeted (owner) from our boat to the moment we left, I was very impressed with all aspects of this resort. The friendly and very accomadating attitude from the owners flowing through to all the staff was excellent. Even to the point that the Chief changed/added to his menu at our request. The rooms are large and very clean with all amenities provided or supplied. The position of the resort ment we could enjoy other places in the area within a short walk, then also being able to privately enjoy areas the pool and bars areas within the resort. I would recomend this Top class (for a great reasonable price) resort to anyone and will certainly make it my ONLY stay in Puerta Galera.

Room Tip: upper and lower pool rooms
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Paul B
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Everybody in our family (from 13 and up) absolutely loved this place. We stayed 16 nights in Villa 2 with two bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms downstairs, and kitchen, living room and balcony on the upper floor. The quality, material and finish is top-notch and everything looks (is?) brand new. Great air-con! There are currently two pools, one smaller just below our bedrooms and a bigger at "ground floor". The hotel staff are all very accommodating and friendly and the owner(?)/head manager Dani and manager Trish did everything to make us welcome. We even received a fantastic complimentary BBQ one evening at the pooldeck - yummie. The hotel is planning for an expansion and there seems to be plans for a third pool and an elevator. The latter is probably meant for those guests that may have a struggle with the many (and health promoting!) stairs. The only way to build here and still keep ocean view is uphill. Many thanks to the boatmen that carried our luggage all those stairs.
Suggestions for improvements:
1. Put a hardwired wifi modem in each villa. The slow and shaky "central" wi-fi had to be restarted in the reception every day.
2. Add a real chocolate dessert to the menu. Some other restaurants had chocolate mousse of varying quality. With a rich dark chocolate cake you can outmaneuver your competitors!

The hotel restaurant is above average among the seven restaurants we visited, although nothing spectacular. In general we felt the food portions in Puerto Galera to be somewhat small and short in fresh vegetables - even for Europeans. Further, the general lack of fresh (local) seafood in the restaurants was surprising. Some restaurants even import frozen calamari rings, despite the abundance of fresh squid I saw in the fish market in Puerto Galera town - very peculiar.

I was diving together with my daughter and we enjoyed the services of the Welsh expat Huw at Action Divers, many thanks Huw! However, if you are not into diving, it might prove difficult to fill the days with activities. There are some things and places you can do or visit in the Puerto Galera region but don't expect too much. The non-divers in our family quickly realized that the lack of a usable beach in Sabang and little/big LaLaguna was a drawback, but we soon discovered a neighbouring larger beach, Coco Beach, with a resort and dive center. For 200 pesos (deductable from your restaurant bill) you can stay there as day guest and use their great pool area and beach with sunchairs and umbrellas. The access is by boat (250 pesos one-way from Sabang/LaLaguna). You _can_ take a 15 minute walk to Coco Beach from LaLaguna but I suggest a pair of shoes that works in mud :-) We were thinking of moving over to Coco Beach Resort but the nicer cottages didn't have aircon and the AC rooms were gloomy and boring. Thus we remained happily at Out of the Blue. Yes, it is a little pricier than the the other hotels we looked at, but you also get what you pay for at Out of the Blue.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Stefan L
Dani-OOTB, Manager at Out of the Blue Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2012

Hello Swedoc,

Thank you for your kind words about your stay at our resort, we are so pleased that you had such an enjoyable time with us. It's great to hear that you were happy with the features and facilities offered by our Villas. We pride ourselves on thoroughly maintaining and always upgrading and improving our equipment, ie; air-conditioners so that all our guests enjoy a comfortable stay.

We take any suggestions or recommendations by our guests seriously and will certainly look into ways to improve our wifi and will also talk to our chefs about offering some sort of decadent chocolate dessert. I personally will be happy to taste test those!!

Regards, Dani - Resort Manager.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

I have not been to Out of the Blue for 2 years. Since I was there last, wow there have been some changes. They have installed a great pool and out door area. My last visit I was there with 3 mates we had the large 3 bedroom villa which was fantastic as you have massive balcony, opens spaces and the best view on the island. This time I came alone and tried one of there new Jacuzzi suites which was perfect for what I wanted. I had a great air-con room with bar fridge, flat screen tv and dvd. I do like to sometimes not get out and bed and watch some tv which was perfect and I could control everything from there. The staff were great making up the room everyday and taking care of all my laundry at no extra cost. The place is very secure and it gated with a security guard the whole time so you would have no problem with kids running around the place. I ordered room service most days for breakfast, they have a nice dining area in the room though I really enjoyed walking out of my room straight to the pool area and having my breakfast there some days to soak up a little more sun. The food was fantastic whether I was eating room service or in the restaurant. (My fav breakfast was ham cheese panini and mango shake) The pizzas are also fantastic! The management (Dani and Jack) were fantastic with advice and taking care of anything I needed. Great to have a couple of fellow Aussies running the place! I will be staying here again on my next trip. The price is so cheap for what you get its pretty amazing really.

Room Tip: The higher you go the better the view is! If you go with 3 couples or a family take the large 3 bedr...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank OSHIE14
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Another great stay at this fabulous hotel. Keeps improving, now with 2 pools, quality breakfast included, efficient courteous staff, pier pick up, 1kg washing a day included. This place is special, thanks again to you all.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank colindmil
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Although its been about 3 months we stayed at out of the blue, however memories and beauty is still fresh in our mind...
We stayed in a villa with 3bedroom facing swimming pool, excellent view, very nice and specious rooms with all the amenities.

While reaching hotel from the port was little difficult and long walk but you forget everything as soon as you enter.

Hotel has sort of Greek architecture touch which makes it more beautiful

Very nice helpful staff Spl Danni who was always smiling and happy to help us.

Food could have been little better but it is ok since you have plenty of restaurants you can try outside.

You can either relax poolside or ask hotel staff to arrange for few outings like Hidden Paradise, shooting range etc.

Definitely recommanding this place to all my friends and also on my next trip this will be my first choice.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Mehul S
Reviewed May 23, 2012

I recently stayed at Out of the Blue with 4 girlfriends on a girls week away. Leaving behind our husbands and children we headed to Sabang for a fantastic getaway. Out of the Blue was the absolute perfect place for us to go. We were so impressed with the hospitality that was offered to us during our stay. The staff were all so friendly and lovely - going that extra mile to ensure our stay was as great as possible. They planned trips for us to travel to some of the other amazing beaches on the island - organising boats to pick us up and take us on our adventures. We did not have to worry about a thing. And when we weren't travelling around - we loved relaxing by the beautiful pool. We ate in the restaurant quite a few times and I can honestly say that the food was delicious and the service was impeccable. The rooms are spacious and very clean - and have everything that you need for a worry free holiday. We had such a brilliant time - it was so relaxing we almost forgot we had children waiting for us back home!! Would certainly recommend Out of the Blue to any potential traveller to Puerto Galera.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends