The diving is the primary drawcard in Sebang, accommodation is a secondary aspect although my wife is a non diver.
Firstly the diving which there are countless operators in Sebang and I tried quite a few of them and found El Galleon to be a very well run organisation catering for novice and experienced divers. What sets these apart from other dive operators in the area is that they have a large dock area with several boats and an expansive shed to store your dive gear. Also its possible to do 5 dives a day and run into deco if your not careful and most of the other operators only do 3 dives in a day.
I wouldnt describe the place as a resort because there is nothing to do within the property if your a non diver but its location is tranquil and far enough away from the noise of Sebang with a pleasant seascape outlook with an alfresco dining area.
Spent many a surface interval in the the dining terrace and the buffet breakfasts were very good by Phillippine standards.
We stayed in a budget room which is very basic and simply somewhere to sleep. The pool was often in use teaching divers hence if your a non diver you would probably spend the daytime elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Renowned for its serene and quaint beachfront surroundings fronting Small La Laguna Beach, Puerto Galera, Asia Divers and El Galleon Beach Resort and have thirty air-conditioned rooms that blend into the tropical hillside. Majestic views of Sabang Bay and Small Lalaguna Beach, with a restaurant which extends to the water’s edge offering a great value in European and local cuisine, a small pool for learning how to dive, spa, and all the hotel amenities and necessities one needs to totally enjoy his/her stay. The dive facility is less than a year old and there is nothing like it in Asia! We have a diving platform with a large pontoon where boats can easily dock making it easy for guests to get on and off the boats. Divers have their own crate for storage in a spacious area, a dedicated camera room; you are well looked after by the crew who are there to help you with anything you may need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz and getaroom.com so you can book your El Galleon Beach Resort & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Galleon Beach Hotel Puerto Galera
- El Galleon Beach Resort And Hotel