“Great location bUt poor service and facilities.”

Badladz Dive Resort
Ranked #3 of 52 Hotels in Puerto Galera
Cebu City, Philippines
“Great location bUt poor service and facilities.”
Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

many annoyances and indifferent staff really detract from the experience. They include: no room cleaning, termites, lights that dont work, no water in the morning for two consecutive days, and a general feeling of a business spiraling downward. although it's cheap, there are better values to be had.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank skrudge
BADLADZRESORT, General Manager at Badladz Dive Resort, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Hi skrudge,

Thank you for taking the time to review our business.We really do value the feedback from our customers and I am sorry that your experience here did not meet your expectations.

We always try to provide our guests with the best possible hospitality and the friendly and personal service we offer has always been our number one mission. We have addressed the cleanliness issue and spoken with our employees so we don't have another situation like this in the future. We want you to know that we truly enjoy sharing our passion for Puerto Galera with visitors like yourself and want you to leave here after having a positive experience and certainly not a negative one.I think on the time you were here we were quite busy and didn't give you the attention all our guests deserve.

If you do ever feel like coming back to Puerto Galera or Badladz I would love to have the opportunity to speak with you in person, so please ask for me Maylen Cooney :).

We hope to see you again in the future and wish you the very best.

Maylen Cooney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I was referred to Badladz by another local hotel where I was staying. The original plan was to dive Verde Island, but the swells form a nearby storm ruled that out. We dove the bay, and it was very nice. Jo Jo the Divemaster was adept at spotting the smaller creatures and writing their names on his underwater chalkboard. The folks back at the shop were helpful, especially the Irishman Gavin. A nice touch was allowing me to leave my gear overnight at the dive shop for drying. The prices were reasonable. All in all, a great time.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
BADLADZRESORT, General Manager at Badladz Dive Resort, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Hi Brad J ,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback , I really appreciate it ,

We are sorry about the swells around that time you were here, fingers crossed the next time you come the weather is more agreeable and I'm happy to hear Jojo pointed out all the interesting critters we have here in Puerto Galera.

We hope to have you back here soon for a flatter and calmer trip to Verde Island.

Zhuhai, China
Reviewed February 10, 2014

As it is literally 2 minutes walk from Muelle pier, the plan was to stay here one night and then switch if we found something else that suited our needs better. We ended up staying the entirety of our visit.
It's nicely situated away from any loud bars which suited us fine. White beach is only ten or so minutes away by tricycle and there is always one available around the corner of the resort. Nearby are various shops, a sometimes working ATM, a currency exchanger and a row of small bars.
Gavin, who runs the dive shop was exceptionally helpful with advice and arranging things for us. The rest of the staff here were just as pleasant & helpful.
The food here was very good, especially the Mexican dishes, huge portions!
The rooms were acceptable considering the price; clean, safe and well maintained. I had looked at similarly priced places near White beach and I think Badladz is a good deal. Sabang, regardless of the rates or quality there, was definitely not for us.

We had a wonderful time here and look forward to seeing everyone at Badladz again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
BADLADZRESORT, General Manager at Badladz Dive Resort, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Hi Jcytsang ,

Thanks you so much for leaving us such kind words about your stay here at Badladz .

I'm happy to hear you found the location convenient , it really is just a few steps from where the ferry stops and I will let Gavin know what you said about him ,

We hope to welcome you back here soon for some more fun and Mexican food.

Stowmarket, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I had such a good time while staying at badladz. The staff at the resort were so friendly and helpfull. The dive team were brilliant, and showed us some amazing sites; my favourites were the reck dive, and when I nearly swam over a shark :).
If you are going to the phillipines a must stop is the badladz resort.

• Stayed March 2013
Hi Boredrider ,

Thank you so much for doing a review for us here in Tripadvisor , we always love reading about the great experiences our guests had with us here :)

I'm really happy to see you found our staff friendly , we always try to make our guests feel like one of the family and we hope to see you back here soon for some more brilliant dives.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

We stayed at Badladz resort in October 2013 and had wonderful time there.
Badladz resort is very close to Muelle pier, and the mexican foods are awesome!
Equipment for diving are also great and even I had no dive experience, Gavin, the instructor , was so helpful that i could enjoyed my first diving. Also he gave us many helps as much as he could when we needed.
If I get a chance to go to Puerto Gallera again, I'll stay at Badladz again for sure! :)

• Stayed October 2013
BADLADZRESORT, General Manager at Badladz Dive Resort, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Hi 201402 ,

Thanks so much for writing a review for us , we are always happy to read about the positive experiences that our guests had with us here in Badladz.

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed our Mexican food, we use special imported ingredients that make our dishes different to anywhere else in the Philippines :) and I will tell Gavin the kind words you said about him , we always take extra care of first time divers so that you can enjoy the experience more.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Safe travels.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

I had such an amazing time at Badladz! So many fun adventures to go on and time to relax when you want to. I spoiled myself with a full body massage that cost me $10. The staff was always available and very helpful. They treat you like you our one of their own. The cleanliness won't leave you asking any questions. I would stay there again for sure.

• Stayed December 2013
Hi Leah M ,

Thanks so much for taking the time to do us a review , we appreciate you letting others know about your good experience with us here.

I'm glad you enjoyed your massage and found the staff to be friendly , we like to make our guests feel like our family members.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Safe travels.

Santo Tomas, Philippines
Reviewed January 24, 2014

We had a very pleasant stay at Badladz resort. The rooms are big enough for both me & my husband but the most important the staff are very friendly, very, very helpful. Mylene & staff, you are the best. And the restaurant food are delicious specially mexican food, awesome! We will be back later on the the year!! Highly recommended...very nice people!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
BADLADZRESORT, General Manager at Badladz Dive Resort, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Hi TStephens2014 ,

I would like to thank for taking your time to do a review for us , we really enjoy reading about the great time our past guests had with us here in Badladz.

I will be sure to tell the staff the kind words you said about them, we miss having you guys here and of course I will tell the chef what you said about the food :) , and recently we put our new menus out so you can try more Mexican food when you come back to us .

See you soon.