“Excellent Value for the Money!!!”

Badladz Dive Resort
Ranked #3 of 52 Hotels in Puerto Galera
Dumaguete City, Philippines
“Excellent Value for the Money!!!”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

This was my 5th time at the Badladz Adventure Resort; I must say the restaurant is "spot on" with the food and the service was VERY good. The rooms are quaint and all I needed for my 6 day stay. I had AC when I needed it, and the shower was good and hot. I don't spend very much time in my room when I'm on vacation and the time I did, I was perfectly content. The dive shop at Badladz has top notch equipment and a very knowledgeable staff. Diving in Puerto Galera is world class and you won't be disappointed!!!

Room Tip: Try the Mexican Restaurant, its the closest you will get to the real thing! The diving is WORLD CLA...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
BADLADZRESORT, General Manager at Badladz Dive Resort, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Hi ohhellno1 ,

Thanks for doing a review for us. We really appreciate when happy guests like yourself leave a review, it really helps to let our future guests know about us.

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed our food , we are always striving to improve the recipes for our guests, We just bought all brand new state of the art diving equipment a few months back so I'm glad you noticed that and yes we agree the diving here is world class , there is so many cool awesome things to see.

We can't wait to welcome you back here again.

Safe travels.

Maylen Cooney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We stayed in Puerto Galera in January 2014 and had a great experience with this dive centre. They are well organised; know all the great dive spots and the best weather conditions to dive each of them in.
We even have a group of 10 divers on one particular afternoon and everything was organised so well by Badladz that it made such a great fun afternoon.
Highly recommend these guys, I will be back for sure.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Hi glenelsworth ,

I'm really thankful for this feedback , all of us here at Badladz like to read about our pasts guests having a good time here.

I am happy to see everything went to plan for your diving and we are more than happy to help big groups like your one go to plan and make sure everyone is happy.

We hope to see you back here again in the near future.

Safe travels.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I was happy to stumble across Badladz, and happy to discover that it wasnt all macho and piratical like it sounds, everyone was very nice and helpful and chatty. I was happy they had an excellent WiFi connection, and their exceptionally decent coffee further increased my happiness.

I was happy to do some dives with the friendly, conscientious team and I was very happy that all my dives were one-on-one with a dive master as I'm (unhappily) an inept diver. I was less happy about the crappy conditions (n.b. I do not hold the resort responsible for this) but despite strong currents, low visibility and my rusty diving I had some truly...happy dives. Its extraordinarily beautiful down there. Especially the soft corals.

I would happily recommended Badladz, and if I ever go back to the area I would be happy to dive with them again. They're very nice ladz really.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
BADLADZRESORT, General Manager at Badladz Dive Resort, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Hi Neulala,

Thanks for the great review , we always appreciate hearing back from our guests about what they enjoyed when they stayed with us.
I'm really happy to hear you had a good time diving , we always like to keep our dive groups small so that everyone is a little safer underwater and gets a chance to have more of the cool creatures we find pointed out to them.

Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back here next time.

Ithaca, New York
Reviewed January 15, 2014

The diving was fantastic, really beautiful things to see down there. Badladz does an excellent job of organizing the dives, runs on time with almost no effort for us. The dive masters were very friendly and professional. They also took great care of our equipment.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
BADLADZRESORT, General Manager at Badladz Dive Resort, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Hi Natasha820,

Thanks for doing a review for us , we appreciate it and enjoy knowing our guests had a positive time with us here. We all agree here, Puerto Galera has some really beautiful fish and corals to see down there , I'm happy to hear everything went to plan for your diving , even though it was a big group we do our best to keep everything going to plan for you guys. I will certainly pass on the good words you said about our dive masters.

Take care and safe diving.

Maylen Cooney.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I have travelled a fair amount and find Badladz to be great, convenient location 3hrs from Manila & 50m from the pier. Professional family friendly management. Resort and dive staff could not do enough to help. Comfortable rooms, good food, motor cycle hire and plenty of nearby attractions if you are not diving that day but I like to come back to the tranquil setting of Muelle Pier. Will certainly be back again

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Hi Kiwidan69,

Thanks a lot of leaving us a review here on Tripadvisor, we like knowing that our guests had a great time here.

I'm pleased to see you found getting here was so easy, like you said it's just a few steps from getting off the ferry. I will be sure to let all the resort and dive staff know the kind compliment you paid them.

Looking forward to welcoming you back again .

Maylen Cooney.
Doha, Ad Dawhah, Qatar
Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

Although Puerto Galera is smaller than other surrounding communities I found that the dive trip was more family oriented. The staff at Badladz was very helpful and friendly...the equipment was great.We were well taken care of. One thing especially helpful...my teenage son was having headaches while diving and Gavin, the head instructor, gave us the info on why that was happening and what my son could do about it. brilliant!! Diving in the Philippines was like being in an aquarium. thanks Badladz!!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Hi Carrie F,

Thank you so much for leaving a review for us here on Tripadvisor, we are all really thankful for it. I'm really happy to see you enjoyed your diving here with us and glad you appreciated our modern sets of equipment, We are looking forward to welcoming you and your family back for some more awesome diving the next time.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

We were a big group going diving and had a great experience with Badladz. When you are a group of dozen divers, there is always plenty of last minute changes which the staff had perfectly under control.
There are many interesting diving spots you can explore, and we absolutely loved the ones we saw: hole in the wall, shipwrecks.. There are also a few spots to see turtles in the shallow water. Ask the dive master Gavin for advice!

• Stayed January 2014
BADLADZRESORT, General Manager at Badladz Dive Resort, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Hi TerezaOss,

Thanks for leaving us such a positive review , we really appreciate it . Hole in the wall is one of our favorite dive sites here to see and we try to bring everyone there once if the weather lets us and we never get tired of showing divers the green sea turtles at Sabang wrecks.

I am happy to hear you and your friends had a great experience here and we look forward to welcoming you guys back for more great dives.