“Dive and Stay with Badladz”

Badladz Dive Resort
Ranked #3 of 53 Hotels in Puerto Galera
Reviewed March 12, 2013

The resort is of acceptable standard; AC and fan in each room. Plug point is sufficient, and in some room, up to 4 available. Water pressure could be a bit low most of the time. The view from the balcony is just wonderful!! One can just sit there, nursing a drink or two, while editing the underwater photos taken. Being away from the busy Sabang and White Beach, this a perfect retreat for me. The only downside would be there is no beach for sunbathing, and swimming. Being an Asian myself, well, getting brown never requires lying under the direct sun :)

Food is adequately priced, and the tacos is their specialty. A must-try item. The staffs are friendly and helpful.

Diving experiences had been wonderful with a lot macro stuff, which is my favourite subject. The guide, Jojo and Johhny, who have easily 10,000 hours of logged dives are great spotters, and very knowledgeable of the dive sites. But the second thing i like the most about diving with Badladz is they carry ALL your diving equipment from diveshop to the boat, and forth! I only need to carry my camera and torch lights .

In short, i highly recommend them to everyone.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
BADLADZRESORT, Owner at Badladz Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2015

WOW ! What a SUPER review :)

Thank you so VERY much !

We really do aim to please :)

Cheers
Sean

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I booked a long term stay at Badladz Beach resort. If you are not aware, Badladz has two locations: one at Muelle pier in Puerto Galera, and the other is at Small Tabinay, which is about 2K from Muelle pier. I preferred stay at the Beach Resort in Small Tabinay because I wanted to do lots of swimming as part of fitness program. There is really no place to swim at the dive resort, but at the Beach Resort, there is a nice semi-private beach, and you can swim, snorkle, sea kayak, as much as you want. If you prefer to swim in a nice pool, they have just finished construction on a new pool. If your not a swimmer, you can always sit in the hot tub or hammock and have a cold one.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Stephen B
BADLADZRESORT, Manager at Badladz Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2015

Hi Stephan B

Thank you for taking time to write us a review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

I ended my vacation in the Philippines with a trip to Puerto Galera. Since this was my first visit to this place, I was not sure what to expect. The youtube videos posted by Sean were a great help. I made my reservations only 2 days before arriving at Badladz. I emailed the resort and got a quick reply from Rhoann. She provided me with detailed instructions of how to get the PG from Manila. I got the Ceres bus from Buendia in Makati, express to Batangas pier. That was a total barain at 130 php = $3.17. The journey was safe & went off without incident. It also helps if you speak a little Tagalog. I had fun practicing with what little I knew. My recommendation is that if you are not fond of travelling by water. Catch the earliler boat out of Batangas pier before noon as the seas are normally calmer in the mornings. I arrived at the Mullie pier at about 1:30 pm and had no trouble finding Badladz. The room was cozy and clean. Hot water shower good with strong water pressure. I dove with Badladz Adventure Divers, which is located on the same property. I was able to leave my dive gear with them over night for several days & had no worries that I would not get it all back. The best thing about this resort and dive center are the people. I was able to get to know them and I have a feeling that I will be back to visit my new friends. Being able to spend time with the staff of the resort outside the resort was an extra treat. I highly recommend getting to know the locals. They are friendly and genuine in making you feel safe and do their best to ensure you have a memorable stay. I met owner Mylene and her family, thank you for allowing me to share in your celebration in Tabinay. Gavin and Rhoann thanks for the hospitality. Jojo, thanks for sharing a meal & drink. Vea, Lin and the rest of the resort staff - Thanks you for the Aloha. I did not want to leave, and for me that means the trip was a success.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank mjmboogie
BADLADZRESORT, Manager at Badladz Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2015

Hi Mjmboggie

Thank you so much for your great review. We really enjoyed you company, you were part of the family from day one. We really hope to see you back here again ready for some more fun.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Stayed october 2012 as a couple.
Was outside busy period so wasn't too busy.
Rooms are basic - we had 2 queen beds, a/c, fan, TV with a million channels and bathroom. Hot water didnt last forever, but when you;re in the tropics, who cares. There are geckos everywhere outside - maybe got one or two in the room, but we get that here in Aus so its not a problem.
Free wifi which was great to use when sitting in the restaurant.
Nothing was too much to ask of the staff - the sink broke in the bathroom one day, and it was fixed by the time we got back from scuba diving.
Diving is great - equipment is new and very easy to use. Jojo is a fantastic guide and you are back in at lunchtime after doing 2 dives.
The location half way between White Beach and Sabang is very handy - means you are not in amongst the crowds every day but there is everything within a 5 min walk of the hotel.
We will definately be back

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lara_sydney_1

Hi lara_sydeny_1

Thank you so much for taking time to wright us a great review. We are always so happy that our guests enjoyed there stay. We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

I agree with Linda P from Brisbane when she said the rooms are disgusting, hot shower is not working and lizards and bugs are inside the room..and what did you say? all hotels in the puerto galera and the entire philippines ? Perhaps you never been around the ENTIRE Philippines or maybe you were always in the bad side of the Philippines and use it as an excuse why your hotel is dirty. I would never ever recommend this hotel. I put a rating 1 because that's the least that you can rate, but honestly, there is no rate for this dirty place that you call hotel.

Room Tip: Never book from this hotel.
Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank dubaichay

Hi dubaichay

Thank you for your feed back. Something clearly went wrong at the resort for your stay. We pride our selfs on keeping the resort very clean but I am very sorry that your stay was not enjoyable like most of our other guests.

Kind regards

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Great spot. Rooms were pretty good with Air con, fan, TV and bathroom. I'm not after much more with luxuries, didn't use the aircon anyway. Excellent Mexican food. Pretty bloody authentic and I couldn't stop ordering it.

The white guy cruising around, who I assumed to be the owner, could have been friendlier. However, the girls behind the counter doubling as top chefs were sweethearts.

If you like roosters crowing at 2:30am, and the town bells going off at 6:00 am, but in one of the most beautiful harbours in the world then this place is for you.

Tip: Bring cash. ATMs not loaded all the time, but will deduct you anyway if you try. Even local cashed up westerners were signing IOUs at the local bars.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Keds12
BADLADZRESORT, Manager at Badladz Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Thanks for the review! Glad you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you again!

Reviewed August 1, 2012

Had six dives with badladz last week.
JoJo is a professional diver and has a gift for spotting unusual sea creatures.
Rental equipment was in very good condition and each dive was completed without any problems.
I felt safe and enjoyed my diving at all times with badladz.
see you next time badladz.

chris

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Scuba_Chris10
BADLADZRESORT, Manager at Badladz Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Glad you had a great time! Hope to see you again!