“We'll be back, Chef Dave!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cafe New Orleans - CLOSED

Cafe New Orleans
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
“We'll be back, Chef Dave!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

Went for dinner two nights in a row because it was so good! Chef Dave delivers a perfect waffle, despite not really having the usual ingredients available in Sabang.

• Visited October 2013

Boracay, Philippines
“By far the best food in Sabang”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

Not sure why this place doesnt show up in the list of restaurants in sabang, but after searching around for a few days and asking other tourists we were sent here with a series of " you have to try the apple pie " Comments... !! The food takes a little longer to get to your table as Chef Dave makes it all from scratch, but after a few days of pretty average food this place was a god send. in short if your in sebang Cafe New Orleans is a must try and once you do you'll probably be like we were and make return visits. Our highlights on the menu were by far the margarita pizza, banana pancakes and of course that apple pie !!

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
West Bloomfield, Michigan
“Best of Sabang for sure!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Just a short walk up toward the castle next to the pharmacy, what this jewel of a resturant is lacking in location and atmosphere is definitely making it up with its owner chef Dave's perfectly prepared and most flavorful dishes. When I found out that he was from New Orleans and also was into smoking meats and regularly smokes his own bacon we just had to try it. We visit Sabang every couple months and eat there regularly because once you get that food you will always crave it. Just coming over on the boat makes us talk about our first dinner at Chef Dave's New Orleans Cafe!!!

Visited October 2013
Sacramento, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

Chef David is a gracious host, who is present, but never intrudes. He took the time to let us know about his preparation, and the food really exceeded my expectations. Best ribs anywhere, and I have to say, being so far from America, this food was a great taste of "home"! I highly recommend a visit.

• Visited September 2013
Big Spring, Texas
“Must try this place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

Being that I am from Louisiana, I was skeptical about checking out this place. Locals had good things to say about it. So, I gave it a try. I went in and told Dave (The Owner), bring me the best most Cajun dish you have, your choice. He brought me the most expensive item on the menu. The Seafood platter (not exactly Cajun but I like seafood). The Shrimp ROCKED (i.e. were very good)! The clearly marked in the menu Dori fish as a substitute for Catfish was only okay. The fish was a bit mushy and wet like it had been frozen yet the batter was crisp and tasty. Not bad mind you, just not as good as real fresh catfish which is available here in the Philippines. The fries served with it were good but not seasoned with anything that made them anything other than ordinary fries. The coleslaw was different than what I was expecting, but was surprisingly good. The service was very good. The prices are decent for being in a tourist spot and the atmosphere was pleasant.

I returned the next day to actually eat some real Cajun food. This time I order the Dirty Rice over red beans. Normally where I’m from you serve red beans with plan rice and Dirty Rice is a side dish to go with fried Catfish or something. I felt the two different tastes fought with each other by being combined on one plate. Both where good. I was impressed that Dave made his dirty rice from scratch. I like my Dirty Rice way better as it has more flavor. I even gave it to Dave to see if he likes it and told him to feel free to play with it and make it his own. Here is a link to mine. http://lifeofdanny.tripod.com/recipes.htm#dirtyrice

In concluding I will say I was happy over all with both of my meals. Good food and a decent value for the money. I commend Dave for bring our food to such a remote place and I understand the struggles he has to face to just get many of the spices and ingredients over here in the Philippines. I HIGHLY recommend you try his drink “Hurricane”. It is delicious! Even my non-drinking wife loved it.

• Visited October 2013