“Clean and friendly well priced” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Econo Lodge
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Richwood
Alpena, Michigan
“Clean and friendly well priced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

Stayed just overnight. Room was really cheap and did not know what to expect but we were pleasantly surprised. Rooms were very clean and staff was friendly. Beds were soft but not horrible. It is not a luxury hotel and there is a very small continental breakfast and coffee. While traveling it was a nice inexpensive stop. Would recommend for those looking to just sleep.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sgostrander

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stay Away. Stay Away. This hotel was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in my life. First this hotel is extremely outdated. The carpet is a green like indoor out door carpet with stains all over. Every chair in the room has stains on them. The air conditioner was loud and did not cool the room. My daughter found someones hair accessories that was left in the room. We requested a different room and the lady at the desk said our room was clean and that they could not switch our room. We booked this room through my choice privileges and i can not believe that this hotel made that list at all. Overall all I give this hotel an F.

Room Tip: Stay at the Richwood Inn. For the same price you will get a room that is 10 times better
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Richwood hotels

Grassy Creek, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

I am always weary of the cheaper hotels..an I always ask to see the room before getting one...I have to say to my surprise it was very clean..no smells..big room an the bed was great....breakfast was nothing to go down for..but there were several places to eat that were close by....so over alk was very satisfied

• Stayed August 2013
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

Me and my fiancee just wanted to get away from the house so we came here because it was affordable... Turns out it wasn't worth it. the air conditioner wouldn't get cold. the room stunk, beds were nasty under the sheets. I asked for a different room because there was crunchy weird looking things under the mattress pad as they called it.. all I recieved when I asked for another room was another sheet and mattress pad... The front desk lady was very rude.. She wouldn't give me another room as she said they were all booked even though there was only three cars in the parking lot.. When you laid in the bed you would itch allot. I woke up with probably three or four mosquito looking bites on me... Would not recommend this motel to anyone!

• Stayed July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

We needed a cheap place to spend the night. We looked on TripAdvisor beforehand to see what it'd be like. For 1 night, I don't expect frills. I only expect the place to be clean and comfortable. This motel fit the bill. We called and asked if they had vacancy, they said yes. We went through the Pilot station to the frontage road where the motel is. We pulled up and went inside to check in. The gentleman was very nice and gave us a 1 hour extension on our check out (check out time is 11 AM). He even allowed us to keep our car where we parked it when we pulled in! Now that, my friend, is customer service! There are 3 floors. We stayed on the 1st floor which was convenient. The TV's are the standard tube type with a wide selection of channels. I'd recommend this Econo Lodge if you need a cheap place for 1 night. Thank you Econo Lodge Richwood!!!

Room Tip: Choose a room on the lowest floor possible to get good access to your car.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank thelooker
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

Good place to stay.clean and comfortable,well worth the price.we stayed here 2 years ago and stopped on our way home again.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Papples1
Lakeville, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2012

By looking at the outside of this motel-I was a bit leery. A bit run down in the area-the price was right. Our room was clean and quiet. No problems there. Most importantly, I figured out about 200 miles after we left that I had forgotten my earrings. I called them somewhat frantically and told them. Even though I could not remember my exact room number, they were able to find all that information plus all of my home information from registration. Housekeeping had found them. They said they would send them to me. Low and behold, I received my earrings about 4 days later!! I couldn't believe it. Stupid me has done this type of thing before and never has anyone been able to retrieve whatever I had left. Thank you Econo Lodge for your honesty.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank gravesky
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richwood
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Richwood-Cincinnati South
Sunrise Inn
Sunrise Inn
#1 of 3 in Williamstown
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dry Ridge

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!