Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Richwood-Cincinnati South
$49
RodewayInn
$55
$60
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscreation museumroom was cleanusual hiefront deskpancake machineplatinum memberyogurtchurch grouptall ceilingsbiscuits and gravylight sleepercinnamon rollshot tubpool area was cleanreward pointsnice hoteltwo queen beds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 27, 2012

This was my first time to stay at a Holiday Inn Express but I don't think it will be my last. This hotel if fairly new. The staff was friendly (front desk and the maid). Check in was quick and easy. I had to pay up front (used Cash) and they charged my credit card a $10 deposit but said it would be refunded. I booked two suites for my family. We stayed on the second floor. Each suite had two queen beds and a sofa bed. The furniture was very nice and modern. The room was clean. I loved the bathroom vanity/sink and the color choices. The room had alot of furniture and when you made the sofa into a bed there wasn't much room to move about. The sofa bed was terrible you could feel every spring but the queen beds were very comfortable. There were plenty of pillows and towels. Our room had a microwave and small fridge. We enjoyed the pool and hot tub. The site says the pool in heated but it's not. The room it is in was hot but the water in the pool was too cool for my taste (it was February). The pool was very busy and the kids enjoyed it. We did eat breakfast the next morning. They do have sausage and eggs, cereal, cinna buns, muffins and toast. No waffles. I would certainly stay here again. It is right off interstate I-75. Note there are no nice set down restaurants nearby just fast food places are all I seen.

Room Tip: Our rooms faced I-75 and I could hear the traffic from the interstate and I heard a train a couple times during the night in the far distance. I am a very light sleeper! I always turn the fan on (not auto) to help drown out any noise. I was able to sleep with the fan blowing.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 15, 2012

I am a platinum member, I arrived around 6pm and was like ok here is a base Holiday Inn Express, NO I received a smoking room that when I walked in you would have no idea it was smoked in. The room was very large somewhat a mini suite with fridge since etc outside the bathroom, I am still shocked its a smoking room!! My only complaint was upon check in I asked if there was a king bed room available and I was told I would be charged more, I have never been charged more for a king bed no matter what I book and how I book my room. After that I got to this room and was like this is perfect! You cant not go wrong staying here very close to everything. I have zero complaints!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 5, 2012

I actually really liked the hotel. It was a very new, very typical Holiday Inn. I have no complaints with the room itself or amenities - although, I found the beds a bit too high. Also, the breakfast was great, and the internet was great, so my main needs were addressed.

What I did have a problem with was two things - the confusing layout and the gouge for purchase products.

I was given room 107. It took a little effort and two trips to the front desk to find it. It's grouped in the section of rooms labeled 128-140. Huh? Maybe a sign or two might be helpful.

But okay, I'm not a complainer, I didn't care about that too much. What I did care about was what happened when I went to look for vending machines. I saw a sign where it said "Ice and Vending". Went in there, and it was only an ice machine. Um, okay, back to the front desk. I asked about vending, and evidently they have a little store area. It's got basic snacks and some heatable meals. Ok, I thought this would be doable. I realized the prices would be higher some, so I was prepared for a bit of sticker shock. I was not prepared for the sticker shock I recieved. They had Banquet meals - the red box TV dinners - for 6 times the amount it is in the store. Wow. The only things I could get was candy bars and chips (the tiny concession size) for 1.50 a pop. Not quite what I had envisioned for a trip to the vending machine.

So, with the sole caveat of buying any food you might want to eat reasonably from a real store beforehand, I would recommend this place absolutely.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 28, 2011

We arrived tired and late and the front desk staff person Katie made everything better by immediately giving us an upgrade so that we would not be near the elevator. Her attitude was pleasant even after we had to call down and let her know that the pull out bed was too small for both of our older kids to sleep own so we needed bedding so one could sleep on the floor. She helped us in a timely and friendly manner which made everything better at the end of such a long day of driving. The rooms are quite large and everything was clean and updated. The pool and breakfast were also really great. We have stayed at a lot of HI Express hotels and this is definitely one of our favorites.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Melissa A
Reviewed October 15, 2011

This fairly new property is located in Kentucky, close to the I-71 and I-75 interchange, south of Cincinnati. We did not want to stay in Cincinnati proper, and this was a nice, reasonably quiet alternative. The rate was quite reasonable for this quality of lodging.

The room was large, and featured bright, vibrant colors. The only irritant was the Wi-Fi connection which kept dropping every hour or so.

We would stay again at this hotel next time we are in the area.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple