“best ever place”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Banaue
Randy's Brookside Inn
Ranked #1 of 14 Banaue B&B and Inns
Grass Valley, California, United States
“best ever place”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I stayed my first time in Banaue at the Brookside Inn, back in 1986...then in 1987, and later again and again. The wonderful and warm feeling and hospitality are truly native Igorot. Randy is a talented guitar player and singer, who treats his guests like family. Dont miss out on this great place to rest up between mountain hikes and travels.

Room Tip: Most rooms have a great terraces view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Terry H

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Kiev, Ukraine
Reviewed November 4, 2013

From the minute I made a step into Randy's place there was no doubt - I came to the right place. Indeed Randy do his best to make his guests feel at home. The place is really clean and quite, wooden walls keep family atmosphere, and you will definetey appreciate the stunning view of rice terraces from your window. You don't need to worry about the best way to get to the place you want to see - Randy will tell you all that and lots of other interesting information. He is very smart and curious person, so do not hesitate to share your travelling experience with him. And it is not by chance that I met new friends there - Randy's place really attracts good and open-hearted people!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Sevastian Z
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Been to Randy's Brookside Inn. At first I was quite hesitant of staying there as I am a solo traveller.
Randy took care of me from the beginning of texts messaging till I reached Banaue at 4:40am.
I felt safe when Joven fetched me at the van station at the wee hour in the morning. Knowing about Igorots culture really a trembling adventure (sorry, no offence!) to me.
I was travelling on my own for soul- searching that really helped me a lot by knowing such a great host. Met some friends all the way to Batad that I recommended Randy's Inn and they thanked me for my honest suggestion.
There are some sweet talking Filipino guys that will follow you through to rip you off to see the beauty of Banaue and sorrounded areas of interests, I suggests you get an opinion with Randy before hitting off the road as he will take care of everything. This guy is amazing! He is not a money face person.. he makes sure he gets a long time business by doing good deeds to all his guests, he deserves a recommendation thru word-of - mouth.
Room was clean, charges are dirt cheap! With all his magic he will make your stay an unforgettable one ;-)

PS
Would like to thank Nanay for frying my favorite 'kamote chips' during my stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I highly recommend anyone visiting Banaue to stay at Randy's Brookside Inn. When I arrived, Randy greeted me with warmth and was very friendly. He kindly offered me coffee and tea as he gave me great advice on trekking the Banaue/Batad rice terraces. To avoid being scammed and over paying, he arranged a wonderful guide and tricycle, making the overall experience very smooth and stress-free. The rooms and bathroom are very clean. Randy even cooks you a tasty breakfast in the morning! He really goes out if his way to make you feel comfortable and at home. After hiking Banaue, I did a day trip to Batad and planned on boarding a bus back to Manila that evening. Randy not only let me leave my baggage in the room all day but also booked my return ticket back to Manila. On top of that, he reserved a tricycle for me to go to the bus station free of charge. Ran out of pesos? No problem. Randy took care of it.

The inn costs 200P/night and is much better than some of the other inns (People's Lodge and Stairway Lodge) down the road. It is close to the bus stop and restaurants. Stay at this inn and Randy will take care of you!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Jenniechu
Karlstad
Reviewed October 19, 2013

The Brookside inn lies 5 minutes walk from the nightbus stop and if you can manage not to be sucked in by the sweettalking Fillipinos by the busstop (or even already on the bus as in our case). You'll find a quiet spot for a low price with a great host!

Randy lets you charge your gadgets for free and gives great information about not only Banaue, but also Batan and Sagada with their surroundings.

He sorted us out with a guide through the Banaue rice-terasses and a ride to and back from Batan junction for a fair price.

We stayed at Brookside inn for two nights and will stay again when we return.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends