“Great place”

Ranked #2 of 14 Banaue B&B and Inns
Hong Kong, China
“Great place”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Simply speaking, this hostel is an amazing, cozy place to stay. We stayed there for four days and already after such a short time it felt like home.
Really nice atmosphere, extremely friendly and helpful staff, delicious food:) Every morning with a cup of coffee and an incredible view of the rice terraces was a nice start to the day. It is especially because of this homestay that we enjoyed staying in the philippines so much!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Katerina8871

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Hebrew first
puerto galera
Reviewed November 6, 2013

we stayed for one night at the home stay and felt at home the second we walked in through the door, all of the staff was very helpful with recommendations on what to see and helping to book our onward journey throughout philippines can highly recommend banaue home stay to anyone.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank madsjacobsen
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Very clean and comfortable accommodation, the main staff (name:Bea) can speak chinese, she is a very enthusiasm and hearty person. We have stayed in a double bed with share bathroom in the 2nd floor. The room has a nice terrace view and the public bathroom and toilet also are clean. This homestay walk to center town about 5-10 minutes it's dependent your speed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sandra_Shen
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I really wouldn't bother with the rest of the options in Banaue if you're after a really friendly, value for money, comfortable, good night's sleep between treks, amazing rice-terrace views, tasty home-cooked food and good priced beer. We stayed 3 different times, and each time we were treated like returning family. There's a great atmosphere and laughter all day long! Went out for dinner in town the first night but wished we hadn't, it just didn't come close. You'll get many offers around town for treks, but we decided to arrange ours through Bea as there's no hard sell (I asked for options and we were left to decide) and had a great, funny and experienced guide (ask for Marvin), and an amazing stay in Batad, which is unmissable. In this terrain you really need someone you can trust and you get on with, it really makes all the difference. Bea, her sister and family of staff go way above and beyond, are honest, and staying here is really like being at home (with ancient rice terraces on your doorstep for breakfast). Well, what more can you ask for?!
Tip: bring plenty of pesos if you're not Filipino (unless things have changed in the last couple of months) - your only options are a Western Union transfer or a few hours' round trip by bus to an international ATM..

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Rach2772
Toronto
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stayed for one night on Sep 10th with Bea and her family! It was fun and we really enjoyed their attitudes toward their guests. It felt like home. Nothing fancy just unpretentious friendship. Food was very good and the place was very clean even if we shared with bathrooms. There was plenty of spring water to enjoy its coolness. Bea arranged for our Sagada and Batad excursions and they were great choices. We will surely go back and maybe do some other excursions around the area. I will highly recommend this place to all of my friends. We arrived as strangers but left as good friends! Thank you very very much!

Room Tip: Our room was facing the Banaue rice terraces so, we woke up looking at the beautiful scenery!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank PAPAKO
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I coordinated my stay with Bea via email just a couple days prior to my arrival. From the get-go I was impressed. Bea responded quickly and even offered helpful tips about the bus ride from Manila (be warned: it's horrifically cold). Within 30 minutes of my arrival I was sitting on the Homestay terrace eating a hot breakfast and trying to comprehend the view.

The Homestay has it all: unbeatable hospitality, a million-dollar view, unmatched cleanliness, comfortable beds, tasty food, a great location, interesting and fun company, HOT water(!), and a backpacker pricetag. I opted for a room with a terrace view, a decision I consider one of my better life choices. Follow my lead, the view is stunning. If the view rooms are occupied however, don't feel too sad, the main floor/restaurant terrace is a short walk downstairs.

Bea set me up with local guide, Jun, who took me to the three UNESCO Word Heritage Site rice terraces over 3 days. His tour was fun, educational, and flexible. I had the best time, try and arrange a tour with him if you get the chance.

Overall the Homestay is a 5/5 for me. It really was the best place I stayed during my three weeks in the Philippines, thanks Bea, Rebecca, and Jun!

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank Matt R
Reviewed September 19, 2013

The location of this homestay is good (almost in the center of the town proper), and the view from the window is a beautiful scenery! The lady who run this business is very accommodating and friendly. I would love to stay in this place again if ever I'll be visiting Banaue again in the future.

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank Letzkhie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Banaue
Bogah Home Stay
Uyami's Green View Lodge
Sagada Heritage Village
Sagada Heritage Village
#5 of 22 in Sagada

Been to Banaue Homestay? Share your experiences!