We loved our stay in Uhaj, Banaue. The Native Village is a very unique place with gorgeous views and in harmony with its surrounds. The cottages provide a glimpse into the lives of the indigenous Ifugao people. It’s simple, clean and isolated – great for relaxing, but make sure to organise transport if you want to visit Banaue. Graham, the owner, is very hospitable and full of local insights. The staff are friendly and polite. We even grew fond of Blackie (the resident dog ) by the end of our stay. The view from the restaurant and the village is truly breathtaking. Well worth the visit!
To make the 10-hour trip from Manila worth its while, make sure you stay at least three nights as there is a lot to see. The ride was very picturesque and we were glad we took the transfer and accommodation package with Graham, as most of the local drivers prefer to drive you during the night, so you miss out on the scenery. Not to mentioned that most of local drivers in Manila we spoke to thought that the rice terraces are in Baguio, which is 8 hours drive from Banaue – make sure your driver doesn’t make this mistake.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This unique inn, where guests stay in Ifugao native houses, is set on its own mountaintop and overlooks terraces in three directions. The restaurant offers Western and Philippine dishes and has an open-pit fireplace. The inn is 9 km from downtown Banaue, near the village of Uhaj. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your Native Village Inn & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Native Village Inn & Restaurant Hotel Banaue
- Native Village Inn And Restaurant