“Unpretentious (but decent enough) meals at unpretentious prices”
Review of David's Tea House

David's Tea House
Cuisines: Chinese, Seafood
Reviewed June 12, 2012

It should be noted that David's Tea House (& Hot Pot) now has around a dozen branches scattered around Metro Manila, and a few in the surrounding districts including Baguio and Bulacan. This review is based on a visit to the store in Cainta, Rizal (GS 6 Promenade area, Q Plaza Commercial Center, cor Felix Ave. and Marcos Highway).

The eatery is your standard Chinese teahouse, with the standard (but comprehensive) menu that goes with such an establishment. However, this particular outlet is more spacious, and the decor and ambiance is definitely better (and quieter) than the usual, with the staff in smart uniforms and the right attitude. The food is very passable with a full range of dimsums available at all hours. The congee and the soups are also good. All meals come with a complimentary pot of Chinese Green Tea (without asking), which is a nice touch.

In short, David's Tea House is definitely worth a visit if one is looking for an unpretentious Chinese meal, in an unpretentious environment, at an unpretentious price.

3  Thank Nafis A

Reviewed February 29, 2012

I discovered David's Tea House in 2006 during my first visit to the Philippines. I was with a friend, and we had all sorts of things – I can't even remember what all we had. I can tell you that I was impressed with everything we had and vowed to return.

On my third trip, in 2009, I was by myself and ordered the Dim Sum Sampler. The first time I had it was at the Mall of Asia restaurant. It was surprisingly good and surprisingly inexpensive. I had the dish again at their branch in Malate (this location delivered to my hotel room), and finally at the Greenbelt location. David's Tea House has the consistency thing down to a science. I got the identical dish at each place.

This past year, 2011, in December, I was once again in Manila for a few days and, alas, I had to order the Dim Sum Sampler yet once more.

For 230 pesos (US$5.38), you get 12 pieces, two each of six different dim sum items (see photo.) You also get the typical soy sauce/chili oil condiment along with a generous helping of fresh calamansi. Everything is very tasty and the pieces are of a very good size. The dish can easily feed 2 to 3 people.

I'll be back in Manila this winter and I'm sure I will find myself once more at David's Tea House enjoying their Dim Sum Sampler.

1  Thank oreoero