“Nice view from the ocean room”

Angie's Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Puraran
Angie's Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Puraran B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 10, 2011

For our anniversary, me and my guy purchased promo airfares from Cebu Pacific and packed our bags to traverse the less-traveled Catanduanes, known as the 'Land of the Howling Winds' due to its proximity to the Pacific Ocean. This is due to a magnificent photo of Puraran I saw at LiveMocha. When we arrived at Virac, we went straight to Angie's. We were quite disappointed of the power interruption in the island since we were too exhausted from the long interisland travel and it was almost 12:00 noon when we arrived and what heat we felt. Good thing it was reciprocated by the view from our room. It is indeed THAT magnificent, especially from the view from our ocean room at Angie's. Beach is approximately 5 minutes when going down and 10 minutes going up. They serve home-cooked meals and it was okay. People were also accommodating but not really up to entertain guests. The only thing that is really bothering is the intermittent power outages. Also, I was quizzical why the place was being sold.

Room Tip: Choose the ocean view room--magnificent view of the beach for a Php100 difference from the mountain...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank summerslumbers
Reviewed February 6, 2011

I hadn't heard anything about this place and was going in blind, something I try to avoid. But with little choice in the area and unfavourable reviews of the other two resorts mentioned in the lonely planet, we took a chance. I have to say I was really impressed with this place, so much so that I am writing my first review on trip advisor. It is a two bedroom bed and breakfast with very clean and comfortable rooms. They each have a nice balcony. The one we stayed in looked out over an impressive view of jagged coastline and crashing blue waves. From the restaurant you could see down to Puraran beach - again just an incredible view. The food served at this place is really what sets it apart. The owner Lacie and his wife Angie pull off some miracles in the kitchen. They have freshly baked bread everyday and delicious local coffee brewed fresh. This is a place where the owners take serious pride in their food. After almost 3 years living in the Philippines this may have been the best food I have seen offered at a budget resort (maybe only second to Kapuluan in Pagudpud). The owners are friendly hosts. This place deserves to be in the Lonely Planet.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank Mark S

Been to Angie's Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!