All reviews swimming pool to relax balcony room gelato prawirotaman area money changers foreign tourists colonial style bars and restaurants hotel offers check in and check out process fast response nice balcony hotel located bottled water hotel management good size clean rooms
Selected filters
Reviewed March 4, 2019

We did not encounter any issue when we arrived at the hotel even if it was almost midnight. The hotel suited our needs which are peace and quiet as we desperately need to sleep. It is located towards the end of an alley but the alley itself is full of hotels and lodgings on both sides. From what I understood, the main road which is about 150 meters from the hotel is also a center of the nightlife in the area. Bars and restaurants are found there. ATM machines/ money changers are located off the main street. We got the standard room with separate beds and the hotel provided each bed with two pillows and a small throw pillow. Wow! The room size is okay. The hot shower wasn't really that hot but it was okay. They also have a cable tv which has many entertainment channels in English. The hotel has a swimming pool in the center ground floor area which is very nice to get into since it gets pretty hot during the afternoons. The hotel has only five floors and two sets of elevators serve all of them (however, the elevators are located only to one side). We availed of the room service food options and we think the prices are reasonable. The hotel offers a breakfast buffet of local and western food so there's enough choices for you to get through until it's lunch time. Food tastes good. Internet connection is spotty even the hotel's wifi. The strength is good but the signal is intermittent.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
IndiesHeritage, Front Office Manager at Indies Heritage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2019

Dear Mr/Mrs Gilfarns

Warm Greetings from Indies Heritage Hotel Yogyakarta,

Thank you for choosing Indies Heritage Hotel Yogyakarta as your preferred hotel. We are very pleased to hear your favorable comments.
We would also like to apologize sincerely for the other aspects of your recent experience at Indies Heritage Hotel.
We appreciate that as part of the hospitality industry it is our responsibility to maintain service and facilities of the highest quality. Thus, we constantly work to improve our service, especially in light of comments guests make about us.
Thank you for your review via Trip Advisor. It is very valuable input to help motivate us to improve.
Once again, we do apologize and hope to offer you a better stay experience in the near future.

Reviewed March 1, 2019

I have been to Jogja a few times. In fact, I would probably come here every year because of work. I need a quiet and relaxing place to stay in Jogja because every time I come here, it is always a very hectic situation for me.

This is by far the best places to stay for me. It is very clean, very quiet (you can have a very good night sleep here) and the services were excellent. Superb.

I stayed here for a week in February 2019 and I cannot ask for a better place to sleep after a long day outside. I was pleasantly surprised by their services. The check-in process was a breeze and they made sure I have got the right room according to my request. They literally called me around 5 minutes after I got into my room to ask very politely whether the room was to my satisfaction. I have got the gist that if I ask for a different room, they will be happily provided for me. The room was cleaned daily (very important for me) and had plenty of electrical sockets.

Do remember to ask for a room with a balcony to the pool view.

Breakfast was simple but tasty. They offered Javanese and International option for breakfast with a myriad of choices for small cakes, Javanese style desserts, and traditional beverages.

This hotel offers far more for the same prices hotel or homestay compare to the ones in Malioboro area. This hotel located in Prawirotaman area and this is the area for international tourists. The area is jam-packed with lots of restaurant and pubs within walking distance. I highly recommend you to try Tempo del Gelato for a jolly good ice-cream for around $2.

The hotel also offers several tours that you can book accordingly.
The only downside is that this hotel is not in the centre of Jogjakarta but due to the traffic situation, I don't think this will hinder your stay here. Online transportation is easy to get here.

Room tip: higher floor, balcony with view to the pool,
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
IndiesHeritage, Front Office Manager at Indies Heritage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2019

Dear Mr./Mrs. Rizki
Warm Greetings from Indies Heritage Hotel Yogyakarta

First and foremost, we would like to express our warm thanks for sharing your experience whilst staying at Indies Heritage Hotel Yogyakarta It is a pleasure to know that you were greatly satisfied with our product and range of services.

Thank you so much for your kind compliments, and we look forward to welcoming you again at Indies Heritage Hotel Yogyakarta in the future.

Reviewed February 3, 2019

Clean rooms, friendly reception, nice breakfast and well situated hotel at just a few steps from the restaurants and tourist services in the Prawirotaman 1 street, which is a great bonus. Not epic but good enough to repeat.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
IndiesHeritage, Front Office Manager at Indies Heritage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2019

Dear Mr/Mrs Homedelsac
Warm Greetings from Indies Heritage Hotel Yogyakarta

Thank you for taking time to write us your kind review here on TripAdvisor. It is most delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate that you are satisfied with our service and generously recommend us to fellow travellers. We hope to continuously serve all of our guests better. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 31, 2019 via mobile

It was definetely one of the best value for money I ever experienced.
Spent there 5 days while travelling around this region on daily trips in close by area.
Staff had typically Javanese respect, smily and welcoming approach.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Mr/Mrs Vertigo

Reviewed January 28, 2019

We had stayed at this wonderful hotel last month for staycation.
I personally picked this hotel among others because first I was amazed by their classic colonial architecture.
With white wall and big frame window, I was just love this kind of design.
And after we checked in, I was in love with the coziness. Definitely feels like home.
Our room was at the third floor, with a comfy bed and lots of pillows..me likey yayyy....
Then checked the bathroom, it was spacious and clean, and great hot shower.
The breakfast had a good taste, no so many variety but it was quite alrite as their taste is great.
O forget to mention...the black coffee is goood.
Will I comeback? Off course.
I will comeback again some other time.
See you on my next staycation.
Cheers