“Good Concept”

Sendang Ayu Restaurant
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Good concept with delicious food. We had of course gurame fish (special fish for non indonesian), deep fried squid, fried chicken and vegetables. All good taste good and price are reasonable. For 3 of us its about IDR 270k.

Date of visit: August 2019
Write a reviewReviews (24)

Reviewed July 7, 2019 via mobile

Restaurant in the middle of the lake.To cross the lake,you can use the side road or use a unique Gethek/boat that is being pulled manually by us or by the staffs.You can ride a boat but becareful from falling to the lake.Food is delicious.

Date of visit: July 2019
1  Thank luminsomni
Reviewed October 31, 2018

This place is very attractive with lagoon underneath our table.
Beside that, the food taste is average and not many options. It is good place to eat with group who doesn't ask for more variation on the food.

For street eating this place isn't cheap.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed June 1, 2017

Nice romantic place. Go for pond side to enjoy the view and better to book in advance. Food was average. Staff not very smiling. Will recommend for the ambiance but not for the food.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed July 20, 2016

I've reserved this restaurant for my birthday and it was the worst experience ever. I received terrible attitude from the staffs since my arrival at the restaurant. This restaurant is quite huge and there are so many huts there. I don't know which one is our's so I had to ask the staff about the location. All I got is just 'go there' and the staff left us all alone, dumbfounded without knowing which one is our reserved place.
Few minutes later, we found it. It was in Anyelir 3, with my mom's name attached to pilar. But there are two people there, eating happily even though the sign said "Reserved at 16:00". The nightmare still continues, we protested the staff and they do NOTHING at all. So I had to talk to manager. At that time, the only empty places available were only Anyelir 2 and Anyelir 1 which lies beside our place. I was about to stepped in to Anyelir 2 which is cleaner than Anyelir 1 that recently used by other guests and hasn't been cleaned. But, I see that the hut already reserved too! The staff said that "it's okay, the guest that reserved this hut haven't come. When that happened, we'll manage." I don't think that it is the correct attitude. My fear comes true, the guest who reserved Anyelir 2 came after the staff said it.
In the end, we have to move to Anyelir 1. Foods already being cleaned off the table but they don't even bother to wipe the table. The floor is also very wet because the guests before us drop some drink to the mat. I asked the nearby staff to clean it but their response is very slow. We have to wait for about 20 minutes before a staff come and wipe the table. And no, they don't dry the mat so we have to dry it ourselves with tissue. Food came after a bad 40 minutes of waiting. It has small portion, tastes either too sweet (they used too much sweet soy sauce for the grilled fish) or too salty. A lot of flies fly around our food, staffs also don't do anything before we ask. I don't get why this restaurant is very popular despite their bad service.
I never been completely pissed off from a terrible service until I lost my appetite. This is perhaps the last time I will bother myself to go to this restaurant. Never again.

Date of visit: July 2016