“Food not delicious, but the atmosphere is cozy”
Review of Pecel Solo Resto

Pecel Solo Resto
Ranked #71 of 1,153 Restaurants in Yogyakarta
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Treasuring The Past
Semarang
“Food not delicious, but the atmosphere is cozy”
Reviewed February 23, 2012

The restaurant is located in old / antique Javanese Joglo-style house. The atmosphere was very cozy. But the food taste was under average. Under our expectation. Price was not cheap, compared to the taste of the food. The staff service was no good. When we arrived, we have to change our order for 3 or 4 times, because they ran out of the menu that we ordered.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank silverearth

• Indonesian first
Malaysia
“Authentic, sensational, reasonably priced!”
Reviewed February 8, 2012

I had the pecel solo with red rice and sesame seed sauce while my cousin had it with peanut sauce, both were delicious! It was the best meal I've had in 3 days at jogja! Great for those open to trying new flavours in a setting of running water, wooden furniture.. They have buffet option too! The guava juice I had was freshly prepared and without added water and sugar free too, as I wanted it pure! I love the setting, tough a word of caution for those without basic Indonesian, the waiters don't understand much English!

• Visited February 2012
Berlin, Germany
“Indonesian style of salad”
Reviewed October 29, 2011

Its a salad indonesian with peanut sauce, worth to try but some time just too hot for our western tongue

Visited October 2011
“A place to go for authentic local food”
Reviewed September 5, 2011

The restaurant was built from an old Javanese wooden house, with traditional antique wooden interior and old timber furnitures. Nicely decorated. On the evening when my family and I went to the restaurant, there was a life traditional music played near the entrace door. As soon as I entered the restaurant I felt like I was in an old time Javanese place. There was a good list of local food and beverages, some are not usually available in an Indonesian restaurant. We tried several dishes and drinks. The food and drinks were nice and delicious, especially for those who are familiar with Javanese food. The selection of vegetables used are local variety of vegetables, and the the taste was real Javanese. However, I am not sure whether or not this would suit foreign tourists' palate.

• Visited September 2011