“Reasonable and comfortable place to stay”

Gallery Prawirotaman Hotel
Ranked #10 of 202 Hotels in Yogyakarta
“Reasonable and comfortable place to stay”
Reviewed May 9, 2014

With the reasonable price, Galery Prawirotaman Hotel provides relatively high quality of service and comfortable enviroment to stay. The view from the 5th floor is specacular. The food offered is mainly based on local taste, which is quite fresh to new visitors to Yogyakarta.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Lei Y
Made_Pinatih, General Manager at Gallery Prawirotaman Hotel, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Tank you for your review, when you come back to Yogyakarta should there be anything of assistant required, please feel free to contact us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Things need to be improved
1.A hair dryer in room in advance is a must (Can be non-portable)
2.Only one dental kit in a double room (For the queen size bed)
3.The hot water is not endurable when taking a shower
4.Need to replenish the shower and bath gel more often, one way to improve is to use refillable box attached on the wall.

Things are done well
1.All the staff serve with smile and warm greeting
2.Actively ask customers for assistance
3.The quality of food is good
4,The design and atmosphere of the room and the lobby are nice.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank 1209Jeffery
We hope you did enjoy stay with us and brought nice memories of us and our beautiful city, Yogyakarta
Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

Me and my husband went to Jogjakarta for business trip recently and spent our 2 nights at this hotel. The service was great, the staffs were friendly and helpful.

The room was clean, except the shower room floor was a little too flat, so every time we took shower, the water came out and spread to the bathroom floor although the drain was working just fine, no clogging. And, I couldn't always access Wi-fi from the hotel room, the connection was quite poor most of the time. Other than that, everything else was working okay

They have a medium size swimming pool in the back of the hotel. Also, a small gym.

The breakfast was excellent, one of the best breakfasts I've had in a hotel. And, we had our dinner at the hotel restaurant and it was great! My most favorite was their dessert.

Overall, the price we paid was good value for money

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Ivy S
Made_Pinatih, General Manager at Gallery Prawirotaman Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and cater you with our best service and facilities.
We are very happy to welcoming you back in the nest visit to our hotel.
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed April 10, 2014

I found this hotel in Tripadvisor and decided to book by phone. The rate is the same with hotel booking sites such as Agoda and booking.com, so I decided to book directly & pay through bank transfer.

The hotel is located in Jalan Prawirotaman II which is well known as a tourist area. It's quite easy to find this hotel among guest houses and homestays in Prawirotaman. Although I arrived early around 7.30 am, my room was ready within 30 minutes without any additional charge. The hotel was very empty at the time, I think I was the only customer at the time. The nice lady at the front office told me that the hotel is only 1 month old, so not many people know about this hotel.

The hotel is very beautiful, brand new with a beautiful classic colonial style. Lobby is reasonably big, the swimming pool is very inviting and the overall ambient is very calm and relaxing. I booked deluxe room and the room size is big. Bed and pillows are very comfortable. Wifi is provided for free and the signal is quite strong.

Breakfast was offered a la carte because I was the only customer, but the selection was quite thorough (Indonesian breakfast, western breakfast, egg, fresh juice, coffee, tea etc). The fried rice came with sunny side up egg, chicken satay and pickles. The taste was very good, it's beyond my expectation.

Overall this hotel is the best choice in Prawirotaman area. The building is very nice and the staffs are also great, especially those in the front desk and in the restaurant. I hope that they can get more customers in the future because this hotel is quite amazing with a great value. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank radjaff
Dear Mr. Radjaff,

Thank you for choosing our hotel.
We will always give all of our Guest the best service.

If you have plan to visit Jogja, don't hasitate to book our hotel.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 22, 2014

I was already booked another hotel at first, but by suggestion of my friends, I changed my mind and choose Gallery Prawirotaman Hotel. And it was wonderful. The room is nice with very reasonable price. The traditional yet majestic scene of the pool is magnificent.
Will definitely going back there if I travel jogjakarta again next time.
It was just newly open and some of the facilities like the gym and spa not available yet. I believe it will be a more remarkable stay when it is totally open :)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank Syd835
Your comment is very nice. It hopefully brings good impact to our hotel and other people read you comment may enjoy the similar experiences as yours.