“Good location, slightly old”

Hotel Mutiara Malioboro
Ranked #108 of 193 Hotels in Yogyakarta
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Good location, slightly old”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stay there during the family vacation, with my parents, brother & sister and nephews. The room is just standard. The water heater is not 100% working nicely.
The most iritatuing part is the check in process is veeeeeery slow! This is absolutely must be improved!
The hptel location is good, because it is at Jl. Malioboro, where you can find many places for shopping and also food.
The cleanliness should be improved specially in the public area, such as toilet in swimming pool/.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Trisna_Rini

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Indonesian first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

I stayed last year for only one night in business trip with one friend. We arrived there around 8-9 pm. When I was alone in my room at night, I heard a kid giggling at the corner of my room as I was watching football match. I was shocked but trying to ignore it so I push my eyes to sleep. What was that? I still can't answer it until now, but I'm pretty sure I was not hallucinating :(

Beside that horror experience, the hotel only provide a pair of sandal and the hot water in my room was broke. I recommend this hotel if all your concern is about location.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank AsniPiero
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

Mutiara Malioboro has a great location in Malioboro street. Malioboro is a popular place in Jogjakarta for shopping, dinner, hang out, etc. This hotel has two buildings, North (old building) and South (New Building). I stayed in South , which is new building, having spacious room and pool, a nice place for rest and relax.

The Price of the room is also Good Value for Money.

I will recommend this hotel, especially, for South Building,

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Raja Kamar

Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

very old and clasic hotel but its nice and quite comfort to stay,
they have jacuzi also in the swimming pool. the price also reachabel they have big room and wide enough LCD screen for that reachable price.
things that i like the most is the location.
very very strategic! you can enjoy shopping on the malioboro street in the night you can enjoy traditional music instrument played by student who study in jogjakarta.
very unique!

Room Tip: if you would prefer big room, choose room in the corner.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank imay_septia
Darwin, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

I decided on this hotel as I had passed it many times and wanted to try it.

The main selling point is location, on Jl. Malioboro a few minutes walk to Malioboro Mall and central to everything else.

I booked through Expedia, luckily I called the hotel to check the reservation and they said they hadn't received it. I had to get Expedia to reconfirm with them, a lot of faffing about and I'm not entirely convinced that it wasn't the hotel at fault.

I booked a non smoking twin room and got a smoking double, arriving at nearly 10pm, I was too tired to complain so let it go. I asked the next day about a non smoking room and they were full so I had to put up with the lingering smoke smell for the three days. I could have insisted but I let it go but if I were to stay here again, I would make sure that I was given the type of room I booked.

The room is big, and clean. The Expedia description is a bit over enthusiastic. There is no safety box (although there are at reception). The wifi is only free in the lobby and the price in the room is not particularly cheap. The air con was not good at all, it looks like it was installed in a bygone era and hardly cooled the room as the thermostat was fixed at 23.

Breakfast was very good, polite staff who called me by name, a good selection of Western and Indonesian dishes.

The staff in general were pleasant, however they need to pay more attention to reservation requests, in particular requests for no smoking rooms.

I possibly would stay here again but there are so many choices in Jogja that it would probably be a last choice.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank hz88
Las Pinas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

Located in Malioboro - right in the center of town close to shops, restaurants and attractions. It is an older property. Facilities could use better upkeep. Smell of tobacco smoke everywhere. After two nights, I moved to more decent accomodations albeit at a higher price range.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

Mutiara is at the heart of Malioboro Street Yogjakarta. That is the busy street where you will find food and shops and lot of fun easily. It is also within walking distance to Mall Malioboro.

The hotel staff are friendly and helpful. They smile a lot. We got our transport for 2 days through the front counter of the hotel. Very efficient arrangement.

The rooms are dated but clean. South wing of the hotel is better.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends