“One of the best steak in Jogja”
Review of Holy Cow

Holy Cow
Ranked #62 of 1,274 Restaurants in Yogyakarta
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 15, 2014

If you want some nice steak, it is worth trying in HolyCow. Situated next too Grand Aston hotel, Holycow provide one of the best steak in town. Prices are reasonable for wagyu beef standard. The ambience is good too, with an outdoor or semi-outdoor dining place. It is more of a casual dining place, suitable for family or friends to have a good night our with good food.

Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

I've been there with my wife and her friends for breakfasting last week. That wasn't first time to visit holycow. I ordered wagyu sirloin and US beef steak for my wife. Overall was very satisfied either for the food or service. Appreciated for the General Manager,called Mr.G. He was very friendly to the all customers. Please keep the quality of food and the service provided. We will always come back for sure!!!!

2  Thank DENY H
Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

Don't expect anything but beer. Choice of Bintang or Hieniken other options "no stock". For what is advertised as a place to get steak 2 out of our 4 orders had to be reordered. "Lagi habis" out of stock. We had to request to be served and to get a table at half empty restaurant. Steaks we diid get were good. The overall food was good.
Overall rating 6 from 10

Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

I visited Holy Cow when it first opened. The service was poor and the steak was terrible (everybody gets a well-done steak, no matter what you asked for). I decided I would never come back but I was forced to visit again last week with a group of friends. My tenderloin steak was delicious and cooked to a decent medium-well (just the way I like it). For Jogja standards (which are very low), I'd have to say Holy Cow is defenitely above average. The location is nice too: open air on the ground floor of the Aston. Service was alright as well.

2  Thank W13
Reviewed May 29, 2014

This time, I would like to share my experience in dining at Holy Cow, a quite newly established steakhouse from Jakarta. We arrived in the premise in the afternoon and we found there were not many people in there as it wasn't diner time. This place was nicely set up and it was a good place to be with families and/or friends. It was cloudy at the time we arrived but we all decided to sit in a table under a big tent outdoor as we thought it would not be rainy that afternoon.

Within minutes, we were looking at the menu and started making our selections : Within 15 minutes, they were serving our food. My dish was just okay. Why ? Because I didn't really think they have good chefs from the way they prepare my (medium rare) Wagyu. After staying and traveling around few major cities in Central Java for more than eight years, I have to be honest with myself : Up until today, I am not able to find even a good chef who can prepare a medium rare beefsteak properly in the region.

Although I was quite disappointed with food quality but I was quite pleased with the ambiance during our diner. I also didn't try my wife's steak as she preferred to be served well done (I don't like any well done steak in my life). As far as price concerns, they are not too expensive compare to what other places would charge in cities like Jakarta and/or Surabaya.

Overall, I would recommend this place to everyone who visits Yogyakarta who is looking for a nice place to dine in but please, don't have high expectation over here especially if you are a genuine steak lovers as you would be disappointed.