All reviews historic hotel strategic location hot water running batik shopping awesome location money changers seen better days four star hotel management maliboro street a great place to stay recommended hotel taman sari street food alun alun choose this hotel front office
Selected filters
Reviewed December 31, 2018

Old, well known, and one of the legendary hotel in Jogjakarta. Located in the heart of Jogjakarta, the famous Malioboro street. Close to train station, and people's market, make this hotel always fully occupied. However, the some building worn out and some rooms have a very strong cigarette smell. Needs an urgent touch. I stayed four days and three nights for company's workshop. Their ballroom in floor 2 is really great, their restaurant is also have various dishes to choose from.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
GIMalioboro, Manajer Umum at Grand Inna Malioboro, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2019

Dear Mr. Rahadhian,

Warmest Greeting from Grand Inna Malioboro,

Firstly, we would like to thank you for your valuable review.

We kindly to inform you that currently, 7th floor is under renovation to upgrade our room facilities in order to increase more enjoyable stay for our valuable guests like you in the future.

We look forward to welcoming you be the first
to experience our newly renovated rooms which will be launched in March 2019.

Reviewed December 1, 2018 via mobile

Plus:
Location - at Malioboro street. Very convenient
Room Size - Large enough for 2
Price - Quite affodable for a central location

Minus:
Tired - For most part of our room there are lots of signs of heavy wear and tear
Noisy - Renovation happens on the floor above our room and it started at 8am ON SUNDAY. I was waken up from sleep hearing the working sound

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
GIMalioboro, Manajer at Grand Inna Malioboro, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2018

Dear Mr. Redwoodian,

Warmest Greeting from Grand Inna Malioboro,

Firstly, we would like to thank you for your valuable review. We’re glad to know that you have enjoyed our large room. We also apologise for the inconvenience that you encountered during your stay at our hotel.
We are currently having renovation to upgrade our facilities. In order to increase more enjoyable stay for our valuable guests like you in the future.
Once again, thank you for your kind understanding. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel for more pleasant stay.

Management

Reviewed November 25, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I only staying in this hotel for one night. It was nice to see the hotel’s building. It is a huge hotel with so many spaces. The fragrance is very beautiful around the hotel rooms. My husband is really enjoying the welcoming drink, “it is tasty!”.
The location of the hotel is just perfect for people who wants to enjoy the heart of Yogyakarta as you can walk in a day or at night without worry about taking any transportation as it is located exactly in Malioboro street.
The staff is also friendly, and they always greet us everytime we walk around the hotel.
We love the breakfast, it is not boring because they got different foods to eat.
The room is nice we got a room that facing the pool and the city view.
I recommed this hotel for you who wants to feel the real atmosphere of Yogyakarta city.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
GIMalioboro, General Manager at Grand Inna Malioboro, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2018

Dear Mr/s. NorthStar37953156357,

Warmest Greeting from Grand Inna Malioboro,

Thank you for sharing your good review about your stay with us, it's our pleasure to read your enjoyment in our hotel with all the services provided by our team.

We look forward to have you with us again in the future for your next visit to Grand Inna Malioboro.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed November 21, 2018

One of the worst hotels I have ever stayed...

Not only is the place worn out and do the rooms have a very strong cigarette smoke-smell, also their customer attitude is incredible. Fawlty Towers, but without the fun.

We stayed with three (couple + 8 year old daughter) in their hotel for three nights. At late arrival, we noticed the promised extra bed was not there, and there were only two towels. The next morning, I asked for an extra towel which they committed to bring up but never came. During our whole stay, we asked 6 times at reception, house keeping and management, only to be told the last time that the real reason them not bringing it was the fact that we paid for two but stayed with three.
They then found out this was their admin mistake, and that we actually paid. Then they quickly pushed an extra bed into the small room during the last night, making the room no longer just smelly and outdated but also impossible to move around in.

Must not be difficult to find a better place than this in Yogyakarta, and certainly one with healthier air (especially when you travel with children).

• Trip type: Traveled with family
GIMalioboro, General Manager at Grand Inna Malioboro, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2018

Dear Mr. MarkM9826,

Warmest Greeting from Grand Inna Malioboro,

Firstly, on behalf of the management of Grand Inna Malioboro, allow me to express my sincerest regret and apologize for the inconvenience you have encountered during your stay at our hotel. Thank you for giving us the chance to improve our services through your valuable feedback.

I was the most concerned to read about your review in regards to the inconvenience with extrabed requeats not addressed at the first stage.
As soon as we received this feedback, I made internal investigation and we understand that this did not represent at all the service culture our hotel fulfilling our guest’s expectations is our priority.

Please be assured that this will not happen again in the future. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Grand Inna Malioboro for more enjoyable experiences.

Reviewed November 20, 2018 via mobile

I brought a group from Ceva Animal Health SDN Berhard Malaysia (20+1 kid) to stay this hotel (3 Nights,17th -19th). This is our first experience here. As a guy who also responsible for this group, I will judge the hotel and everything with very fair judgement.

The breakfast buffet was very good although some foods were just okay. The coffee also was very good. The facilities are quite complete and the location very close to the famous Malioboro Street. Perfect if you love shopping!

In the check in process, I gave the name list of the group to the receptionist (including what kind of bedroom). The agent (Pusaka Tour and Travel Yogyakarta) wrote very detailed about this. The payment was handled by Pusaka.

Pusaka told me and showed me the proves about the payment, all breakfast including (also extra bed for Mr. Markus in the room 441). In this case, Pusaka got super strong proves.

But why Grand Inna still tried to charge breakfast for Eva (Mr.Markus's daughter)? Why no extra bed for 1st and 2nd nights for Mr. Markus Family? And why no towel for Eva also? The room 441 was for 3 pax. The hotel should prepared 3 towels for Mr. Markus Family.

Mr. Markus requested a towel (just a towel!) until few times but why the hotel didn't gave it. He was soo angry!! What kind of hotel is this? The hotel will not bankrupt or collapse because of 1 towel! This is a group. Corporation from Malaysia. I felt a shame to be honest.

The group checked out at 20th November. A day before Mr. Markus told to me about his case (towel+breakfast+extra bed) and also the smell of smokes in his room. Then, after quite long process of communication between me & Pusaka & Hotel Management, we found the problem. The problem was the human resources development and communication.

This case made me spending extra energy. Of course I am mad also and the hotel management didn't apology to me personally. So I can judge there is something trouble here with the hospitality team. For hotel business, this is not good.

Finally, the problem was solved in the last day. The director of Pusaka Tour came to the hotel to give explanation to Mr. Markus Family. Hotel Manager and Duty Manager didn't showed up. Only a front office guy as a representative of Grand Inna Malioboro said apology. This is not good.

My advise is the hotel need evaluation. I cannot give 5 stars because of this case. But I promise I will give it later in my next visit. I am writing about this so that there will be improvement in the future.

Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank YogaEfendi
GIMalioboro, General Manager at Grand Inna Malioboro, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2018

Dear Mr. YogaEfendi,

Warmest Greeting from Grand Inna Malioboro,

Firstly, on behalf of our team management of Grand Inna Malioboro, allow me to express my sincerest regret and apologize for the inconvenience that your group encountered during the visit at our hotel. Thank you for giving us the chance to improve our services through your valuable feedback.

I was the most concerned about your disappointment which have not come to my attention for immediate action. I made internal investigation and we understand that this did not represent at all our hotel values as we are always fulfilling our guest’s expectations and providing memorable experiences is our first focus.
We believe that we can increase excellent service to our guests as we have professional team. We will make sure that this issue will not happen again in the future.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Grand Inna Malioboro for an upgrade experience