All reviews historic hotel strategic location hot water running batik shopping awesome location money changers seen better days four star hotel management maliboro street a great place to stay recommended hotel taman sari street food alun alun choose this hotel front office
Selected filters
Reviewed November 21, 2018

One of the worst hotels I have ever stayed...

Not only is the place worn out and do the rooms have a very strong cigarette smoke-smell, also their customer attitude is incredible. Fawlty Towers, but without the fun.

We stayed with three (couple + 8 year old daughter) in their hotel for three nights. At late arrival, we noticed the promised extra bed was not there, and there were only two towels. The next morning, I asked for an extra towel which they committed to bring up but never came. During our whole stay, we asked 6 times at reception, house keeping and management, only to be told the last time that the real reason them not bringing it was the fact that we paid for two but stayed with three.
They then found out this was their admin mistake, and that we actually paid. Then they quickly pushed an extra bed into the small room during the last night, making the room no longer just smelly and outdated but also impossible to move around in.

Must not be difficult to find a better place than this in Yogyakarta, and certainly one with healthier air (especially when you travel with children).

• Trip type: Traveled with family
GIMalioboro, General Manager at Grand Inna Malioboro, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2018

Dear Mr. MarkM9826,

Warmest Greeting from Grand Inna Malioboro,

Firstly, on behalf of the management of Grand Inna Malioboro, allow me to express my sincerest regret and apologize for the inconvenience you have encountered during your stay at our hotel. Thank you for giving us the chance to improve our services through your valuable feedback.

I was the most concerned to read about your review in regards to the inconvenience with extrabed requeats not addressed at the first stage.
As soon as we received this feedback, I made internal investigation and we understand that this did not represent at all the service culture our hotel fulfilling our guest’s expectations is our priority.

Please be assured that this will not happen again in the future. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Grand Inna Malioboro for more enjoyable experiences.

Warm regards,

Ni Komang Darmiati

Reviewed November 20, 2018 via mobile

I brought a group from Ceva Animal Health SDN Berhard Malaysia (20+1 kid) to stay this hotel (3 Nights,17th -19th). This is our first experience here. As a guy who also responsible for this group, I will judge the hotel and everything with very fair judgement.

The breakfast buffet was very good although some foods were just okay. The coffee also was very good. The facilities are quite complete and the location very close to the famous Malioboro Street. Perfect if you love shopping!

In the check in process, I gave the name list of the group to the receptionist (including what kind of bedroom). The agent (Pusaka Tour and Travel Yogyakarta) wrote very detailed about this. The payment was handled by Pusaka.

Pusaka told me and showed me the proves about the payment, all breakfast including (also extra bed for Mr. Markus in the room 441). In this case, Pusaka got super strong proves.

But why Grand Inna still tried to charge breakfast for Eva (Mr.Markus's daughter)? Why no extra bed for 1st and 2nd nights for Mr. Markus Family? And why no towel for Eva also? The room 441 was for 3 pax. The hotel should prepared 3 towels for Mr. Markus Family.

Mr. Markus requested a towel (just a towel!) until few times but why the hotel didn't gave it. He was soo angry!! What kind of hotel is this? The hotel will not bankrupt or collapse because of 1 towel! This is a group. Corporation from Malaysia. I felt a shame to be honest.

The group checked out at 20th November. A day before Mr. Markus told to me about his case (towel+breakfast+extra bed) and also the smell of smokes in his room. Then, after quite long process of communication between me & Pusaka & Hotel Management, we found the problem. The problem was the human resources development and communication.

This case made me spending extra energy. Of course I am mad also and the hotel management didn't apology to me personally. So I can judge there is something trouble here with the hospitality team. For hotel business, this is not good.

Finally, the problem was solved in the last day. The director of Pusaka Tour came to the hotel to give explanation to Mr. Markus Family. Hotel Manager and Duty Manager didn't showed up. Only a front office guy as a representative of Grand Inna Malioboro said apology. This is not good.

My advise is the hotel need evaluation. I cannot give 5 stars because of this case. But I promise I will give it later in my next visit. I am writing about this so that there will be improvement in the future.

Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank YogaEfendi
GIMalioboro, General Manager at Grand Inna Malioboro, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2018

Dear Mr. YogaEfendi,

Warmest Greeting from Grand Inna Malioboro,

Firstly, on behalf of our team management of Grand Inna Malioboro, allow me to express my sincerest regret and apologize for the inconvenience that your group encountered during the visit at our hotel. Thank you for giving us the chance to improve our services through your valuable feedback.

I was the most concerned about your disappointment which have not come to my attention for immediate action. I made internal investigation and we understand that this did not represent at all our hotel values as we are always fulfilling our guest’s expectations and providing memorable experiences is our first focus.
We believe that we can increase excellent service to our guests as we have professional team. We will make sure that this issue will not happen again in the future.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Grand Inna Malioboro for an upgrade experience

Warm regards,

Ni Komang Darmiati

Reviewed November 19, 2018 via mobile

The hotel is located in the entrance of the famous malioboro street. It has wide parking area and multiple entry/exit gates when you want to escape the malioboro traffic. Vintage building but clean, staffs are friendly and food is great.

Trip type: Traveled with family
GIMalioboro, Manajer at Grand Inna Malioboro, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2018

Dear, Mr. Agung F,

Warmest Greeting from Grand Inna Malioboro,

Thank you for sharing your good review about your stay with us, it's our pleasure to read your enjoyment in our hotel with all the services provided by our team.

We look forward to have you with us again in the future for your next visit to Grand Inna Malioboro.

Reviewed November 11, 2018

This is without a doubt the best service we have received in any hotel in Jogakarta. The attention to detail and thoughtfulness of the staff and management is indeed inspiring. We know how hard your staffs have to work to meet such high standards. Well done and thank you!! We are sure to come back and stay the same Hotel.

Idris kassim
Singapore

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
GIMalioboro, Manajer at Grand Inna Malioboro, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2018

Dear, Mr. IdrisK118,

Reviewed October 25, 2018

This was my second or third stay at Grand Inna Malioboro. I choose this hotel for its location at the head of the Malioboro batik shopping district and easy walk from the train station [which I take either to or from Solo].

Physicalness of the hotel is dated. It's been there for decades and the time is beginning to show.

Prime shopping time is about 6pm to 9pm or a bit later. I walk to the indoor shopping mall in the daytime, about three blocks away, to check prices and quality before I venture out on the street at night. [Ask hotel staff where the "Bread Co." is -- they all know it].

Hotel location makes it easy to walk about five blocks down the street, cross over, and five blocks back up. There must be near 100 batik and accessory stores and vendors along the way. [Stores usually don't bargain; vendors do -- try for 1/3rd off the asking price and be willing to walk away ... someone else a few doors down is selling similar goods.]

I didn't eat in the hotel this trip -- plenty of warungs [eating places] and restos within a few blocks with much better prices. The money changers in front courtyard are among the most competitive [best prices] in Indonesia.

Suggest avoiding the "batik demonstration" street hustlers -- while it's interesting, the same at the Museum is much better. The "free" demonstration ends with a hard sell at inflated prices. If you go anyway, insist on bargaining in rupiah and KNOW your exchange rate before you offer anything at all.

Room tip: rooms higher up are farther from street noise
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
GIMalioboro, Manajer at Grand Inna Malioboro, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2018

Dear Grampa_Rolf,

Warmest Grreting from Grand Inna Malioboro.

Thank you for sharing your opinion on this forum related to your stay.

I was pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay