Lowest prices for your stay
$28
$22
Hotels.com$28
Priceline$29
Travelocity$28
All reviews strategic location swimming pool tugu railway station family vacation air conditioner front office fried rice malioboro garuda jogja foods taste gamelan toiletries
Selected filters
Reviewed December 21, 2011

An old colonial building at Malioboro street. Location wise, it is the place that you would choose due it's strategic location, it will save your time and you can enjoy shopping at Malioboro by walking across the street, near to Keraton and Taman Sari. Cheap rides to keraton by trishaw or horse carriage.
The hotel can arrange for you for car rental + driver to go around the city, trip to Borobudur, Ramayana Ballet Performance at Prambanan Temple etc.
Went there for business trip and family vacation. Our mothers were happy coz shopping made easy to them just by crossing the street!

Date of stay: June 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
3  Thank FaraHannah
Reviewed November 17, 2011

We know those jargon for real estate business. Now I know what it means for hotel business. Situated literally in the center of the town, this is all that this hotel is offering to you. Nothing more, nothing less. You could get more with this hotel's rate, even with cheaper price. But as I wrote in title, location is what this hotel is about.

Date of stay: November 2011
Reviewed October 13, 2011

The Hotel Garuda (now Inna Garuda) was built during the colonial times and is located at Jalan Malioboro, the main road of Yogyakarta. So you won't find any difficulties to find a place to eat ot go shopping. Although an old hotel, there is nothing spectacular or romantic about it. It seems like it went through several renovations, but they did not make the atmosphere more "classical". You would see or two murals on the lobby wall, but placed too high, that it would not strike you that this hotel had some historical significance. Apart than that I think the service was nice, the staff were friendly, and the food was okay.I guess the only plus point for this hotel is its location at Jalan Malioboro.

Date of stay: September 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Danny Y
Reviewed August 21, 2011

It's probably one of the oldest hotel in Yogyakarta. But it's still pretty well maintained. I love the breakfast in the morning, featuring some of local comfort foods. The room is clean. Although it is an older hotel, you don't smell that musky smell of an older building. We ordered massage in our room, it's very relaxing. It is very conveniently located on Yogyakarta's most famous street, Malioboro. So you can walk for shopping for local arts and batik.

Date of stay: September 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank ICtravellers
Reviewed August 20, 2011

I'm on a holiday trip to visit all the historical sites in yogyakarta and of course I choose to stay in the heart of the city which is malioboro street. I choose inna garuda because of the location, the brand name, and the pool hoping to have a pleasing stay in yogyakarta. Unfortunately, when I arrive the hotel pick up at the airport is 30 minutes late, and when we check in, we are granted early check in to find out that the pool is under renovation which was not informed to us before... And when we saw the announcement at the pool site the renovation was to be done by august 15.. So that's another disappointment... And then the room smells old... The bath tub is leaking, we didn't get liquid soap only soap bars are available... The breakfast taste horrible I'd better eat on the sidewalk of Malioboro street. The elevator was broken and there's electricity black out during our two days stay.
Overall I'm very disappointed with the so called 4 stars hotel, they need an immediate management and building renovation. I think they're more suitable to be called 3 stars hotel.
The only outstanding point of the hotel is the strategic location.

Date of stay: August 2011