“Nice hotel but was expecting more”

Hotel Santika Premiere Jogja
Ranked #13 of 204 Hotels in Yogyakarta
colorado
“Nice hotel but was expecting more”
Reviewed June 25, 2010

The photos that are shown on trip adviser are not the pictures of this hotel. I checked the address and it is the same as the hotel that we stayed at but these pictures are different.

The check in process was fast and the staff was friendly enough. However, they put us in a room that was adjacent to their area of renovation going on and there was constant hammering and banging. We requested another room and they kindly gave us one which was nice but I'm not sure why they thought anyone would want to be in a room next to all that noise. We ran out of toilet paper several times and had to use tissue which was luckly in the bathroom. They didn't leave you a spare and the rolls aren't very big. They did not have in-room hair dryers but you could ask for one at the front desk.

The lounge was smoking only so not a place we cared to hang out. The pool area was nice though and the fitness center was just ok. The equipment was decades old and no eliptical.

Internet at the business center to use their computers was cheap but not always working (5,000 Rupia for 15 min). But be careful if you go over the 15 min even by 1 second they charge you for the entire next 15 minutes. Free wi-fi in the rooms though if you have your own computer.

Breakfast buffet was good and served until 10 AM which was nice. Many of the hotels we've been staying at have only served until 9 AM.

I have a lot of downsides but all in all for the area I think it's a decent deal and would recommend.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Monument, Colorado
Reviewed June 24, 2010

I have to temper my review by stating that I don't care for Yogyakarta at all. I have been to over 32 different countries, countless cities, and Yogya is one of my least favorite spots. That being said, a trip to Yogya is necessary to see Prambanan Temple, which was spectacular.

I recommend staying at the Hotel Puri Asri (about 1 hour away from Yogya) when you go to visit Boroubudur Temple, which is even better than Prambanan.

The Hotel Santika was nice compared to the surrounding city, and it had a nice pool, decent breakfast, clean facilities, and some safe dining options around it.

Monument, Colorado
Reviewed June 24, 2010

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed June 16, 2010

All employees serve guests with hospitality from their hearts is the most what we need as guest. They have done it best.
We became regular guest back since 2001. Leisure or work we always stayed in this hotel.
The healthy food with no MSG served are great. Long staying there would be offered different menu for breakfast to avoid boredom. Breakfast is still the best compared to other hotels there in Jogjakarta. I am not the only one to say this. I have done my research.
Keep up the good work.
It does not have to be four star or five star to get your guests.... just keep the heartiest hospitality.... the guests will always come back.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank ArietteAT
Tangerang, Indonesia
Reviewed June 14, 2010

I stayed at Santika Yogya for 3 nights. Booked one single room with twin bed. The room was clean, but my wife noticed some dark smears on the pillow cases. No problem, the next day I asked for a replacement and got them. Room feels a bit old but has been renovated a bit. At first we got the room overlooking the Sudirman street. The view is okay, but the noise coming from the road is quite annoying so we asked to move to another room. Again, no problem, the friendly staffs asked us to pack our suitcases and they delivered them to our new room.

What I like:
+ Friendly staffs
+ Good quality breakfast
+ Good value (bought a hotel voucher from a travel agent)
+ Excellent service
+ Location is only 10 minutes away from Malioboro
+ Flat panel TV

What I don't like:
- Room feels a bit drab
- Noise from the street can be heard inside the room

1 Thank komedol
Singapore
Reviewed May 29, 2010

I stayed for the first time at Hotel Santika Premiere Jogja on friends recommendations. The hotel is not too big but strategically located. My room was comfortable, very clean and had an awesome view on the volcano. The foods at the restaurant are superb, delicious and well prepared. The staffs are efficient, helpful and genuinely friendly in a courteous way. They make the hotel atmosphere alive and warm and enjoyable to stay.

Hotel facilities are good, including free wi fi for internet, which is very important for travelers considering that internet is the easiest way to communicate with their families. This hotel even has their fleet of becaks with Hotel Santika letters painted on it which give a safe feeling to guests who’d like to use their service for a city tour.

Over all, this is an excellent hotel and I think that Santika Premiere is one of the finest hotels in Jogja. I definitely will stay in this hotel again in the future and I would recommend this hotel to my family and friends.

Keep up the good work guys!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Jakarta
Reviewed March 31, 2010

This hotel is situated strategically in the center of Yogyakarta, not far from many of its main attraction. It also provides convenient access to the many cultural points of interests of the city.
The service is excellent, with attentive staff and other services. The food and beverage service is first rate.

• Stayed February 2010