“a well located hotel that gives you balance between business and pleasure”

Hotel Santika Premiere Jogja
Ranked #17 of 205 Hotels in Yogyakarta
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Yogya was interesting city, if you ars in the right spot, and this hotel definitely has it. Located near Tugu and 15 minutes walk to the famous MALIOBORO street. The convention facility (I was staying here for conference) is good. Coffee break refrehments are unique, with a mix of european and local delicacies. The only low point of the hotel is the room. Amenities are standard (their soap and shampoo smells a bit weird), room can be cleaner, and the bed/mattres need to replace.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hotel Santika Premiere Jogja

Reviewed January 11, 2013

The hotel is located on the mainstreet of Jogjakarta, so it's really close to a lot of places, e.g. Malioboro Street.

The rooms I believe have been recently refurnished in modern contemporary style. My spacious room had parquet flooring, which I prefer more than carpeting in this case. Due to this as well, unfortunately, anything became easily noticeable like when I noticed some hair left behind on the floor.

Between room noise insulation was okay but the door was of poor quality. It was so poorly made that noises from the hallways were very clearly heard in my bedroom. Not good when one wanted to have a good sleep.

The spacious bathroom came with a bathtub and no separate shower, which could become problematic for people who need assistance.

Overall:
- Location is as prime as it can be
- Service level is quite good
- Need to work on cleanliness

Room Tip: Those who are sensitive to noise may want to avoid rooms near the mosque
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 9, 2013

The hotel is clean but quite old fashion, you can tell from the furniture in the room and bathroom. The lobby, on the other hand is nice. Love the swimming pool that put on the ground, not windy unlike pool that on high floor.
Nothing much to say about the hotel but it is a nice and decent hotel to stay in Yogya.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

Last month I went to Jogja and have an opportunity to enjoy this Hotel. Once again Santika did not let me down.Breakfast was fine with many variety and was cooked good and plenty of it for the larger appetite. The staff was helpful and friendly. They help me manage my luggage when I come in the morning before my check in time also help me to get transportation quickly also I get my laundry manage in my closet. Eventhough it is 4 star hotel it give me 5 star service.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We stayed 3 days in this hotel. It is centrally located near Tugu and no too far away to walk to Malioboro street (around 1 km) or you can take a becak ride. We ordered a room from Agoda without breakfast and later on added with an extra bed. The room is spacious and the bathroom is clean. We think it is a good value considering high season (xmas holiday). The breakfast is domestically oriented, for foreigners they have croissants, bread and cheese. No green salad. pity the pool is quite small, dark in the evening and rather irritating for the eyes. The staffs are nice and we were picked up and dropped to Tugu station as a complimentary service. We just tipped the driver. Our room had no view (facing a wall) but it is ok as we were out all day. We had no further complaints.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 22, 2012

My sister, her husband and me are staying at Santika Hotel Yogyakarta from December 21 to 23, 2012. On December 21 we had to call the hotel doctor at around 8.30pm because my sister had diarrhea (more than 8 times) and vomits (more than 5 times) that also caused strong abdominal pain. She was so weak that we had to help her to go to toilet. The doctor came half an hor later, and diagnosed her with gastrointestinal acute. We don't know Yogyakarta city because I live in Jakarta and my sister and husband in Germany, and it was already around 10pm. So, I requested help to the doctor to ask hotel to buy the prescribe medicine -a stomachache pain reliever and rehydration solution. The doctor said he would tell reception in his way out. We waited 10 minutes, nobody called us about the person who could help. I called the reception, a receptionist said that he would look for someone; as we waited about another 10 minutes nobody called us in the room, I called the reception and asked, the answer was 'please wait'. I told him, "please let me know whether you can provide someone of the hotel to go to pharmacy or not, if not I will think of alternative and don't let us waited because this is emergency". After 5 minutes we got a call from the receptionist who said that nobody is available to go to pharmacy. I had to call a relative at 11pm to ask for help; and the medicine came at around 1am. A good service is not about the staffs smiles to hotel guests all the time but how the hotel handles an emergency or crisis situation. We were in crisis because dehydration would endanger my sister's life too and suffered strong abdominal pains. No help from hotel to buy medicine was ignorance behavior to emergency or crisis. That's very poor service. Worst experience ! I told the reception yesterday afternoon: "would you imagine that you are in a foreign place and your partner is sick and you cannot leave the person alone in the room, but the hotel does not help you to buy medicine. What you would tell the hotel?"

Room Tip: not rooms facing the main street, you can hear the street noise
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Titi_Soentoro
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Yogyakarta is the center of Javanese culture. And this hotel has a feel of Java so strong. Santika Premier Jogja be my first choice if i'm in Jogja. What's interesting about this hotel is its convenient location and breakfast that serves many local specialties.

the rooms are quite spacious for it's class but the bathroom and the equipment looks old, and it's time to be renovated.

Room Tip: Rooms with pool view Higher floor rooms are very recommended
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business