Amongst the few attractions that Yogya itself has to offer, this hotel should be ranked as one. The ambiance and friendliness of the personnel were immaculate and I wished the guest would have matched the class a little more. A few other things not, though:
- Location: While advertised in Lonely Planet as right in the city center, you would really want to be closer to Jl Maliboro for that. An unpleasant 15-20mins to walk, alternatively catch a taxi (20k IDR) or Becik (20-30k).
- The hotel is pretty stretched out, which meant long walks between our rooms and the reception.
- We were unable to make calls abroad, the receptionist wasn't of any help either.
- The restaurant is very spectacular and reasonably priced, but the wine isn't ($14 for a glass, really?)
- Bathroom was not spotlessly clean when we got the room.
Would definitely stay again but consider more downmarket options in Jl Sosrowijayan as well.
Tip: If you need to withdraw money, the bank next door has an ATM with a comparatively high limit (3M IDR).More
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking