Ndalem Mbak Charly
Hotel 1001 Malam(Yogyakarta)
$30
$29
  • Breakfast included
Duta Guest House(Yogyakarta)(Great Value!)
$27
$23
$39
$34
Agoda.com
All reviewstour packagericehomestaybackpackersborobudurmotorbikebathroomindonesia
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 15, 2013

was there from 10 - 12 (intend to extended 2 more nights but they were fully booked), location wise was perfect as it's close to the airport and close to main roads which connected to several directions (borobudur, solo, magelang etc).
the stay itself was feel homey and comfortable, me and my spouse are big fan of old colonial architecture, hence staying here is really suit to our mood.
Mbak Titin - the inn keeper was amazing, handling everything by herself - with minor help (from what we can see) from other staff.
she's able to arrange most of our need from rental a scooter to doing laundry and giving direction.
if you're looking for a homey place which (bit) far from malioboro area, this place is definitely one of the place that you should consider.

thanks to Mbak Titin again - me and my spouse miss Rafael so much..hope he's doing fine :)

Paulus - Yuli

Room Tip: depends on your need, they have several type of bedroom with AC or with FAN. they're always busy on weekend - hence better plan your stay properly, rather than have to find another place (like we did due to this place was fully booked)
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2013

-comfortable beds
-helpful and enthusiastic staff (Teng-Teng helped me book train tickets, call taxi, do laundry, recommend places)
-clean and well-decorated
-powerful showers with hot water
-public lounge area

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank ChrisChanMC
Reviewed August 28, 2013

During the summer I spent a month at Ndalem Mbak Charly and was very impressed by the excellence in service, cleanliness, and overall comfort provided by the accommodation. While the purpose of my stay was related to school, I could definitely see myself returning on a holiday or exploration with friends and family. The room, common areas, and bathroom were all exceptionally clean and provided utilities (advanced AC, Filtered water machine, Western-style plumbing) that were beyond satisfying. Additionally, the owners and management of the homestay, Charly and Aria, went out of their way to organize trips throughout central Java and ensure that our stay in Jogja was very enjoyable. They were very helpful in pointing us towards the local hot spots and guided us through the culture and food diversity. In my experiences staying at hotels, hostels, and homestays throughout the globe, I have never experienced such amazing hospitality as I did at Mbak Charly. Some additional notes about the stay: great proximity to both traditional/local cuisine and Western cuisine, coffee shops, entertainment and shopping. Perfect location to avoid the hustle/bustle and tourist traps present on Marlioboro Street and get a real sense of Jogja. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Sean H
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I was here for two weeks for holiday. This is a very nice place. It is a strategic place (in the center of the city), cheap, clean, good room, WI-FI, feels like home. I will stay here next time when i go to jogja. Thanks Mr. Arya and Mrs. Charly :)

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank Adikara Satiarosa
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I stay at ndalem mbak charly 2 nights, it was cheap and good location. Room and bathroom were clean. Friendly staff. I will go there again with friends, because we could rent 1 whole house. The owner, ibu Charly makes you feel at home.

• Stayed: June 2013