All reviews tour agency budget homestay clothing stores backpackers borobudur bathroom motorbike indonesia
Reviewed September 30, 2013

-comfortable beds
-helpful and enthusiastic staff (Teng-Teng helped me book train tickets, call taxi, do laundry, recommend places)
-clean and well-decorated
-powerful showers with hot water
-public lounge area

Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank ChrisChanMC
Reviewed August 28, 2013

During the summer I spent a month at Ndalem Mbak Charly and was very impressed by the excellence in service, cleanliness, and overall comfort provided by the accommodation. While the purpose of my stay was related to school, I could definitely see myself returning on a holiday or exploration with friends and family. The room, common areas, and bathroom were all exceptionally clean and provided utilities (advanced AC, Filtered water machine, Western-style plumbing) that were beyond satisfying. Additionally, the owners and management of the homestay, Charly and Aria, went out of their way to organize trips throughout central Java and ensure that our stay in Jogja was very enjoyable. They were very helpful in pointing us towards the local hot spots and guided us through the culture and food diversity. In my experiences staying at hotels, hostels, and homestays throughout the globe, I have never experienced such amazing hospitality as I did at Mbak Charly. Some additional notes about the stay: great proximity to both traditional/local cuisine and Western cuisine, coffee shops, entertainment and shopping. Perfect location to avoid the hustle/bustle and tourist traps present on Marlioboro Street and get a real sense of Jogja. I can't wait to go back!

Date of stay: July 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
4  Thank Sean H
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I was here for two weeks for holiday. This is a very nice place. It is a strategic place (in the center of the city), cheap, clean, good room, WI-FI, feels like home. I will stay here next time when i go to jogja. Thanks Mr. Arya and Mrs. Charly :)

Date of stay: May 2013
3  Thank AdikaraSatiarosa
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I stay at ndalem mbak charly 2 nights, it was cheap and good location. Room and bathroom were clean. Friendly staff. I will go there again with friends, because we could rent 1 whole house. The owner, ibu Charly makes you feel at home.

Date of stay: June 2013
2  Thank pamitran t
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I just spent one month at Ndalem Mbak Charly with a few friends on a school program. It was a great place to stay. I felt really at home while I was here. The room that I stayed in was nice and clean and had good AC. Charly and Aria were so kind and helped us with anything and everything that we needed, from booking tours and flights for us to taking us to great places to eat and karaoke. The rest of the staff was also friendly and helpful. I will definitely stay here the next time that I am in Jogja!!

Date of stay: June 2013