“Not Like I Expected”

Mediterranea Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 1,363 Restaurants in Yogyakarta
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Mediterranea Restaurant by kamil is providing French and Mediterranean Cuisine in a Cozy Place From Tuesday to Sunday, we are Open for Breakfast Time at 8.30AM, service non stop until 11PM, last order is at 10.30PM All Recipes are made by The French Chef Kamil.
Reviewed March 23, 2013

An Indonesain friend from Jogja and I had an enjoyable evening at Kamil's restaurant. The interior was nicely done, the place very clean, the tables far apart to provide privacy, the service excellent, but the food average. By reading some prior reviews I expected a more gourmet experience but found it more a typical "good food" experience. Now the food was fine, just not excellent. we had a good salad and a tagine. Now I have had a number of tagines in Morocco and this one was not well spiced. The chicken was cooked expertly but the veggies and spices were ordinary. I did notice some adjacent tables with pizza and calzones and they looked delicious -- and for those I would return.

19  Thank Mountainmann
Write a ReviewReviews (1,161)

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We had dinner at Mediterranea last week and met the Owner Kamil. Special of the day amazing (we went twice), huge portions.
Indonesian and western customers, few french people as Kamil is French !!!
Would definitely go back next time an in Yogyakarta !

Reviewed March 11, 2013

This restaurant is something else. The food is world class, yet offered at fantastic prices. I dined here with two others a few nights ago, and in total (including desserts and drinks), our bill came to somewhere around $30 (or 300,000RP). I'm from Australia, and to eat at a restaurant of this quality back home would've cost our table in the region of $120-140. We had the chicken shish kebab, which is a thing of beauty and came with a huge side of scrumptious sauteed potato, duck confit with a delicious mushroom sauce and generous helping of mashed potato, and the daily special which was smoked salmon served on top of a potato base of some sort (I've forgotten what it was called!). For dessert, I highly recommend the apple pie.

The restaurant itself has a really nice, relaxed vibe to it. It's not small and cramped, but open and spacious, without being too big. The service was also excellent - the waiters/waitresses were extremely friendly and efficient.

It truly was a five star experience. Be sure to check it out!

1  Thank MrSnrub27
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Ate here with my husband yesterday and I must say that this tops even some great restaurants in Europe! We had steak and duckbreast. Finished off with a tarte tatin and... real coffee.... absolutely wonderful

Reviewed February 20, 2013

The chef here can really cook , me and my father had the duck breast with polenta . It was a rely tasty dish ,also a friend of mine ate the chicken kababs they were very yummy . Highly recommend if u want some bule food in yogya