“Simple but hospitable small hotel”
Review of Andrea Hotel

Andrea Hotel
Ranked #18 of 492 Yogyakarta B&B and Inns
Warsaw, Poland
“Simple but hospitable small hotel”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We spent three nights in the deluxe rooms. Rooms are basic but clean, with bathrooms attached. The owner- Sammy and the staff of the hotel are very kind, friendly and helpful what made our trip to Yogyakarta enjoyable. The reservation and communication via e-mail was fast and easy. There was also no problem to extend our stay. Breakfast is humble and simple (toast, butter and jam) but you can get a free flow of tee or coffee (coffee was excellent). The breakfast is served at the veranda opened to the small line where you can feel the true atmosphere of everyday Indonesian life. Location of the hotel, close to Malioboro street, main train station and to the city bus stop from where you can get a ride to Prambanan temple is an advantage. There are many places to eat in the neighbourhood.

Room Tip: Room located immediately behind the reception desk is spacious but sometimes you can hear people tal...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Indonesian first
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
Reviewed July 19, 2013

This is a much delayed review, stayed in January for 4 nights. I wasn’t quite at peace on my first night though, I kept hearing soft nibbling sounds (presumably birds) so I requested to move to another room and luckily it was available! My arrangement was granted and I had a fantastic stay throughout.

Price:

I had requested for the standard room which cost very affordably at only USD 12/night which rounded up to a measly USD 50/ 4 nights inclusive of a simple toast breakfast with coffee/ tea.

Rooms:

Exceeded my expectation. Since I was travelling solo, I expected my room be really small and to have only one small single bed, but it was a double sized bed and decently done up, very clean as well. I really liked the simplicity of the arrangement and I really appreciate the places of interest suggestions placed on top of the coffee table next to my bed. That was really helpful. I think the deco was quite local as well, if you’re looking into that too. Really liked it.

Location:

Any accommodation within Sosrowijayan Wetan is golden. That includes Andrea Hotel as well. Andrea Hotel is located within the inner streets of Sosrowijayan so not only is it safe, it’s also really quiet eventhough it’s minutes walk from the main attractions e.g Maliboro Street and the Pub Street. There are restaurants next doors and even Andrea Hotel cooks up a little bit of something as well. I’d say, nothing could get wrong with Sosrowijayan and Andrea Hotel if location was your main concern.

Family:

I travelled solo, but the ambiance and the staffs were really helpful that I can easily recommend this to travelers who are travelling with family as well.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Jacqkie
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Reviewed July 18, 2013

The deluxe bedroom is ok it s clean, but pretty bare and very very small, just next to the lobby. It wasn t too noisy at night but it was in the morning as indonesians wake up relatively early and kids play etc. Witt all the option in Yogya I think the room is over priced at least during the low season I didn 't see the standard bedrooms. The breakfast is included but it s just 2 toasts with butter and jam and some coffee or tea. Overall ok but nothing exceptional.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Stayed here for 3 days. Sammy (the owner) made the stay very comfortable and was helpful with travel advice. Not all rooms have a window and ventilation (but that is somewhat expected). In all, a very good deal. Thanks Sammy and the other guys.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
hellevoetsluis
Reviewed June 14, 2013

The Andrea hotel is run by a very friendly owner who is always willing to help and give advice. The staff is also very friendly and helpful. The hotel has an excellent location, close to the train station and Malioboro street. Its located in a beautiful little alley, it has a veranda were you can have breakfast or jyst sit for a drink and watch the people walking by. My room was very clean and eventhough the hitel is in the middle of the city, its very quiet at night because there is no traffic in the alley. I planned to stay for 5 nights but ended up staying 10, I think that says enough.

Room Tip: The most expensive rooms have a hot shower.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Alor Setar, Malaysia
Reviewed June 3, 2013

This little place is great! It’s located in Gang II along Jl. Sosrowijayan, off Jl. Malioboro. Cozy, quiet, with a very good ambience, and most important of all, clean. WIFI worked for us both in the room and at the terrace/veranda. We were lucky to have hot showers in our room, given the explanation handed out earlier by the owner in previous reviews. The only caveat was the hot shower in our room (#1) was a bit hard to control – sometimes the water can get too hot and when we tried to make adjustment, it went from super hot to being too cold (we showered in late night / early morning), so you'd have to play a bit with the temperature adjustment. What we loved best is the ample plug points / extensions they have in room – a big big plus for us as we did not have to share or take turns charging our gadgets. We have 3 cameras and 2 phones between the 2 of us and this was perfect! Breakfast consisted of 2 slice of toast with jam and butter, plus either a cup of tea or coffee. We like the little terrace/veranda where they served breakfast – too bad we only stayed for 2 days and couldn’t spend more time just sitting and chilling out there, bet it would be great! Sammy and the team were great – they were friendly and helpful. Sammy gave us a map of Yogya upon checking in and explained the location to us. We highly recommended this place!

Room Tip: Room #1 has hot shower :)
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

great hostel for low budget backpacker like me... hahahaha... 150.000/night for a double bed? I'm IN!!

oh yeah, the owner was so helpful...

but still need to improve the menu for dining anyway :)

the location is nice because u still can get to Malioboro or any tourist objects easily hehehe...

• Stayed May 2013
Ayu A, Owner at Andrea Hotel, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Hi Yosandy
Thank you for your kind review, I'm glad that you liked the place.
A small note to the readers about your review, in order to avoid any misunderstanding: we do not have a restaurant in our hotel (but there's one next door), so there is no dining here... unless someone wants, like you, to dine at 8 pm having the breakfast menu. That, of course, is possible! :-) :-) :-)
We do have a terrace where guests can enjoy drinks or snacks, but no food is available. I wish I could have served you better for dinner, but that is impossible because of the small size of our kitchen.
Cheers Yosandy, hope you enjoyed Yogya :)