“Tasteless food and slow service...” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kemangi Bistro

Kemangi Bistro
Ranked #133 of 1,078 Restaurants in Yogyakarta
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Singapore
“Tasteless food and slow service...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

We went there because of the Trip Advisor review. However, it was totally different from what the reviews had spoken. We ordered Bolognese pasta which was tasteless and the bread they served was like a day old bread. Mango juice was also taste unlike mango and it was not fresh. And the worst of all the service was quite slow that we have to wait almost 45 minutes for our pastas and the juices came later after our food was served... Will not come here again ever....

• Visited November 2012

• Indonesian first
  • Polish first
“sherbet kecombrang amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

i stayed in hyatt for couple days in december, the service was really good as five star hotel and i never the ice cream at kemangi bistro they callled sherbet kecombrang...amazing

Yogyakarta, Indonesia
“Probably the best in Jogja”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

You don't have to be staying at the Hyatt to enjoy the atmosphere and the food at Kemangi. They call it "Kemangi Bistro" but it is a full-fledged restaurant.

The service is beyond anything else you'll find in Jogja. Upon my second visit, the waiter remembered my name! Upon my third visit, another waitress knew my name the moment I walked in. She greeted me by name with a big smile and led me to my table. You can't find that sort of service anywhere else in Jogja. I spoke with one waiter and found out he used to work on a cruise ship based in the Netherlands before taking the land-loving job at this restaurant. I was impressed that Kemangi has hired waiters with very good hospitality experience.

The food: best Angus tenderloin steak in the city, best Sunday brunch (starts at 11am, and is great bang for the buck), and Saturday buffet dinner with Ramayana performance included.

Seating is available both outside next to the pool, next to the golf-course, and inside often with live music.

After you're done with your meal, have a walk around the grounds and pool at Hyatt. It's very peaceful and romantic.

Do not miss Kemangi! It's my favorite restaurant in Jogja and I'll be going there again and again. The Sunday brunch shouldn't be missed!

(If you're going to frequent Kemangi, ask about the "Club at the Hyatt" membership that gets you up to 50% off and several free meals at the restaurant. I've got the membership and I've saved a ton more money than the membership price)

• Visited November 2012