“Getting into the spirit!”

Studio 76 Silver Class
Varies Often
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Getting into the spirit!”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

There is so much great art in this city, and in my opinion there is no better way to experience it than by getting involved. Agus' silver smith class allows you to just that. As a first timer to jewellery making I was a little bit nervous about soldering, and to top it off my design was ambitious for a beginner to say the least. With Agus' guidance and encouragement I completed my piece without compromise. I can't wait to give my mom her personalized silver pendent made by me. For the fun, experience, and value take a day and do this!

Visited February 2013

Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“This is a must do in Yogya!”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

My three teenage kids (16,15 and 13) and husband enrolled for a class with Pak Agus. It was a highlight of our visit to Yogya. It was a complete hands on experience with each of the three kids (1 son and 2 daughters) making a silver ring of their own design. Pak Agus was a great teacher, patient, funny and with excellent English. He even explained to 15 year old son some of the chemical properties of silver ! (son had been on holidays too long!). We highly recommend this silver making class - it is a must do in Yogya. Thanks very much Pak Agus!!!

Visited December 2012
2 Thank Elizabeth1960Sydney
USA
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Highlight!!”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Definitely, definitely worth it - we had a really great time! The instructor makes this course really fun and the jewlery we made will be very special as presents

Visited October 2012
1 Thank USAPapasFritas
Salatiga, Indonesia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A must do in Jogja!”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

If you ever happen to be in Jogja, going to this studio will make a good experience! The owner offers jewelry making classes from 3 hours to a couple of days. (see http://indonesiantourismonline.blogspot.com/2010/01/studio-76-silver-jewellery-making.html) I did a arranged course and it was totally worth it! Just make sure you contact him before you come.
Oh and he also arranges great bike rides trough the outskirts of Jogja. A very good way to experience some real culture and have time to take photo's of the beautiful rice fields and villages.
Just ask him about it! He speaks good English, French, little bit of Dutch and who knows even more than that.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank Edith V
USA
68 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 234 helpful votes
“SO GREAT!!!!!”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I can’t say enough good things about this silver class! Even Brandon, my totally un-crafty fiancé, who only agreed to this class because he was sick of me pestering him because of my total boredom in Yogya (AHHH I hate that city), agreed that this was a huge highlight in Java! The teacher (whose English is the best I’ve heard in all of Indonesia), is HILARIOUS and so much fun. He picked up on the pet names that I call Brandon and called him those the whole time. I was dying!!! So this class, it’s about three hours and you get to do everything – designing, sawing, engraving, soldering (AHHH!!!!), polishing and it’s SO FUN! I made a necklace for my little Mom and you can also do rings too. If you want to do a necklace, I’d recommend choosing a design before you come because they only have examples of rings there. We booked through Via Via Café for 120,000idr each ($12.70 usd) and took our motorbike out to the studio (the map is super easy and it’s only a 10 minute ride) or, you can take a taxi for around $2.00-$3.00. Just FYI, there’s a really good market with cheap fruit on the way!!! AND, by the way, we’ve done the Chez Monique “silver class” in Ubud, Bali and this was a TOTALLY different experience. There, they let you design the piece then insist on doing all soldering/polishing/EVERYTHING themselves because they say they can’t let you get hurt! Boring! AND, that class costs 450,000idr!!!!

Visited July 2012