“A comfortable stay with full hotel service.”
Review of Pan Family Hotel

Pan Family Hotel
Ranked #87 of 494 Yogyakarta B&B and Inns
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“A comfortable stay with full hotel service.”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We were greeted by a large and clean room with stunning rural view. We love their comfortable beds which gave us a good slumber.

It was heart warming to come back to a cooling room everyday. The staff switched on the air con for us while we were away for the day trip.

The room rate included breakfast. Other than the normal bread and butter and jam, tea and coffee, we were served delicious fried rice for Day 1 and fried noodle for Day 2, followed by cut fruits as dessert.

Pan Family is famous for their kitchen food. We also have our dinner here when we sign up for their tour. We were happy with the food served (3 main dishes, 1 soup, fruits and dessert) at dinner.

Though the hotel is 10 min drive from the main night life at Jln.Maliboro, or 20 min by bechak, it did not bother us at all. The whole road is where few college and Universities situated. Thus food and services (hair saloon) in this area are at student rate.

We were running around the hotel compound as if this is our home away from home. The roof top is great for taking photos of sun rising with Mt. Merapi in the view.

The owner and the family stay on the same compound. It is a family business. The owner and his daughter (in charge of hotel) are very approachable and attentive to our suggestions on improving their service. We had a great time chatting with them.

The tour offer by the hotel is also reasonable. Their staff, Miss Ani was helpful who offer useful advice on where to go and where not to go (e.g. we were advised to go to Borobudur during day time as sunrise view at Borobudur more costly and taking chances during rainy season Dec - May).

Definitely we have no hesitation to stay here again when we return to Jogja.

From, the Leong Sisters.

Room Tip: Go got superior room with a balcony.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank vanilla_pot

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Indonesian first
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Pan Family Hotel is a charming place to spend your holiday in. The poetic beauty of the paddy fields overlooking the hotel, the fish pond and a few ducks and geese soothe your soul.
The staff are extremely helpful. I had long chats with Ichsan, the head staff. Ferdina, the owner's daughter, who looks after the hotel, was extremely welcoming and made us (my wife and I) feel at home. She's one of the best hosts I've ever come across.
The food they served for breakfast was simply scrumptious and every day we had different dishes. It was a memorable stay. Spick-and-span rooms and fragrant bath towels are regular features of the hotel.
It was a real find.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Malaysia
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Location out of the city center of Yogya.I t is in the less touristy part of town, so the whole atmosphere was very relaxing and laid back. The hotel has 5 rooms plus 2 new rooms which has connecting doors.(this where I stayed as I had 2adult children with me.) The room and bath were huge, beds were clean and comfortable breakfast was good though basic. The place looks really specious and well maintained. The air-cond and shower all worked fine, the place is clean
.The staff is really friendly and helpful.. Pan Family Hotel arranged all our tours and transportation. All our meals was also arranged by them.. There are convenience stores /supermarkets nearby for quick grocery refills. I think this place is good for family with kids or couples. . There is free wifi in the garden. The garden is very beautiful and very relaxing! . I hope they get a router with a wider range as internet is not available in the room, only at the garden and restaurant

Room Tip: There are 2 rooms with connecting doors
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
manila
Reviewed February 25, 2013

location of the hotel was good, it is in the less touristy part of town, so the whole atmosphere was very relaxing and laid back. the staff and the owners were nice and considerate, i was also allowed an early check in at 8am and they arranged all our tours and transportation. the room and bath were huge, beds were clean and comfortable. breakfast was good though basic. i just hope they get a router with a wider range, internet is not available in the room, only at the garden and restaurant downstairs.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed December 22, 2012

really nice, almost hidden hotel.
located out of the city center of Yogya, of the street at a quite location.
the whole place looks really specious and well maintained.
the rooms are big, as well as the bathroom.
we had a room on the first floor, with some nice views over the fields behind the hotel.
aircon and shower all worked fine, the place is clean.

the staff is really friendly and helpfull, and with a on-site travel agency (i beleive owned by the bosses daughter) all tours can be arranged from there.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I had such an amazing experience at Pan Family Hotel. I paid $22 per night for a superior room, and it includes breakfast.

LOCATION
The hotel is located in a residential area in the southern part of Yogyakarta. It is 10 minutes by cab / ojek (motorbike) or 40 minutes on foot from the city centre. The location was perfect for me as I was looking for a quiet place to relax. There are convenience stores / supermarkets nearby for quick grocery refills. I think this place is good for family with kids or couples.

ROOM
I stayed in a superior room on the 2nd floor. The view from my balcony was perfect – into rice paddies, and overlooking a pool with geese and swans. The room has 2 twin beds, AC, a TV. The room was very clean. The bed was comfortable. The washroom is HUGE, with a bathtub and a Western style flushing toilet. I am very happy with the cleanliness and tidiness of the room and washroom.

HOTEL INFO
The hotel has only 5 rooms – all of which are very nice. I believe they’re building 2 more rooms. The hotel is part of this huge piece of land owned by Mr. and Mrs. Pan. Their house (with their children) is in the same complex. There is also a fully equipped restaurant. The house of Mr. Pan, the hotel rooms, and the restaurant, all face a beautiful garden, complete with birds and mango trees. There is free wifi in the garden. The garden is very beautiful and very relaxing!

STAFF
This is the best part. The hotel staffers are absolutely wonderful! I arrived at 7am and they checked me in immediately. They provided assistance to book tours for me. I needed to go to the city centre and asked about ordering a taxi. The gardener just jumped up and said he could just drop me off on his motorbike, not a problem, and all for free. Once he dropped me off, he asked me if I needed him to pick me up again later at night.
Mr. and Mrs. Pan are also very kind-hearted people. They’re so wonderful to chat with. The entire time, I felt like I was part of a big family while I was there. I would highly recommend this place!

Room Tip: At least 2nd floor!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo