“New Renovation but same old everything”

Gading Resto and Cafe
Ranked #957 of 1,325 Restaurants in Yogyakarta
Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

I ate there with my husband, I wanted to order the Grilled Snapper, but they said it was empty, and then my husband wanted to order this lokal beer other than Bintang but they didnt have it also. We feel little bit disappointed about it. They have a new renovation of the building, I thought this time it will be better also than the last one for the service and food, but it's not.
My tenderloin was small portion with little boiled potatoes, for the price I paid I expect something better than this. I finish my food and order the bill, since the resto was not busy, only my table, I have to go to the cashier and wait for the waiter to write it down first. Ummm... Wondering if they have all the tables occupy, how long I should wait for the bill then? He he

2  Thank Vanilla H

Reviewed October 27, 2012

My son ate a whole adult portion of lasagna here as it was so yummy. I hd soto ayam- delicious. Nice staff too.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Yogyakarta has a lot of really nice restaurants and food places, and we had been to quite a few which had been really nice before coming here, so our expectations were quite high. Gading really failed to live up to even the most basic of expectations however.

The menu wasn't really extensive, it simply had the basic fare that most other places offer. The food itself was okay, it wasn't bad, just a little bland.

The restaurant is dark and dingy, and the atmosphere isn't very pleasant at all. but it was the service that really let this place down. The staff were surly and acted as if we were disturbing them by coming in and expecting a menu. They barely spoke english which would normally not be a problem, but when their menu is in english and their primary clientelle are tourists, you'd think they would at least learn the menu. Trying to order things, even by simply pointing at the menu was very difficult. None of them smiled even once, and seemed to begrudge bringing our food and drink out to us. Furthermore, I do not consider a staff member walking round the restaurant lighting candles with a lit cigarette to be appropriate when we are eating, professional or even basic good manners.

This place was truly appalling. We finished our meal quickly, paid the bill and went and had desert across the road at a much, much nicer place.

1  Thank MichaelHuxley
Reviewed August 7, 2012

1  Thank MichaelHuxley
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I had my dinner in this Restaurant and the menus are amazing, i can feel the fresh taste of the food.

2  Thank marvinsulistio