“Good vegetarian & super ethical”
Review of Milas Vegetarian

Milas Vegetarian
Ranked #3 of 1,330 Restaurants in Yogyakarta
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I liked this place very much. More than a restaurant, it appears to be a life philosophy for the owners, and I admire their philosophy.

Eat great vegetarian food, don't harm animals & live life like a good human being. It's very altruistic, with all profits going to good causes. Just for that, you should visit.

It is set in a lovely garden on a lane a distance from the main road, so it's quite, secluded & intimate. Tables are set around the garden a good distance from each other. Sit at a table, on the ground, wherever you like.

Food was excellent, fresh and imaginative (& I'm not a vegetarian).

Lovely Mango Lassi comes unsweetened but with syrup on the side. Like I said, thoughtful.

Bill was next to nothing. They should charge more. Service was with a smile.

Closed on Mondays though.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Can't praise this place enough. The food is divine & beautifully presented. The setting is a beautiful shaded garden area & the clientele is a mixture of tourists & locals. It's down a side street & we'd never have known it was there if it wasn't for the Lonely Planet guide, but it's definitely worth seeking out. I think that the sign said closed Mondays though so if you're making a special trip check the opening hours beforehand.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I've been living in Jogja for more than 2 years and Milas was always my favorite place to eat when I was fed up with rice and meat. The food is just excellent. And so is the atmosphere. I could go there with a book and spend whole afternoon reading and drinking the fresh healthy juices. Perfect place for hiding from the day's heat or evening's crowded streets. They have a shop with hand made stuff (bags, books, jewellery etc.) great as a gifts. Whether you want to relax just by yourself, chit chat with a friend or go for a romantic dinner, Milas is the right place.

1  Thank Anna_Wong_Jowo
Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

I love my meat. I love everything unhealthy and bad for you. But I also love good food. So when I heard that a veggie resto serves good food off, I went!
...Had the nasi goreng while my partner had the tomato soup and roesti. OMG! Really good stuff. Everything was simply delicioso that we went to Milas again the next day. Lassis are also great!

2  Thank sole2soultravel
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Excelent place, nice staff. Excelent dishes, and they have a little shop to buy some hand made souvenirs. The best place in yogyokarta.

Nice juice