Stayed at the hotel for 4 nights. Location is next to a busy street (which one may occasionally hear when alone at the pool ) and unfortunately quite close to the runway of the airport! That was the only drawback during my stay! I am a light sleeper and heard the planes taking off a few times, even though my partner did not. Other than that the hotel is just beautiful and staff is very accommodating and pleasant! I stayed in room 331 (3rd floor) and it had a small balcony as well with chair & table. We had a deluxe (executive?) pool view room which has nice, dark wooden furniture and great beds! Even though our room was on the small side we had 2 beds, a work desk with chair , TV (many different english speaking channels - Disney, Australian- and DVD player), another chair with small table, a rattan/glass table with drinking water and glasses and a night table between the two beds. Bathroom was very clean with shower & bathtub in one, also bathrobes provided.
The hotel has lots of flowers and plants everywhere and is very well maintained. Pool is quite large and they also have 2 kiddy pools. Service at the pool is a bit slow but always with a smile! The restaurant serves local and western food (tried only the local food and it was ok). They have a great buffet breakfast though! Fresh (exotic) fruit, juices, bread, toast, muffins, doughnuts, cakes, eggs & omelettes made to order, asian breakfast, dim sum, etc. etc!
Hotel offers free airport shuttle and free shuttle to a city shopping center in Malioboro-great area for batik, local art, souvenirs etc. An even bigger shopping center (along with Carrefour) may be found approx. 5 min. by taxi from the hotel (paid only 10.000 Rupias, approx. 0,70 Euros!)
Hotel is approx. one hour away from Borobudur Temple.
Would definitely stay again - with earplugs ;)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Jayakarta Yogyakarta Hotel & Spa welcomes you as you arrived at Yogyakarta. The four star hotel which is closely located to Adi Sucipto Airport, is part of Yogyakarta's heritage which maintains culture and history of Yogyakarta, reflected by it's ornate decoration and the warth of the staffs javanese hospitality. The hotel's spacious garden area is perfectly suitable for grand scale events and outdoor activities. The lagoon shaped swimming pool is considered one of the largest in Yogyakarta, with separated small pool and facilities suited for family leisure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelQuickly and Fastbooking so you can book your The Jayakarta Yogyakarta Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Jayakarta Yogyakarta Hotel Yogyakarta
- The Jayakarta Yogyakarta Hotel And Spa
- Jayakarta Hotel Yogyakarta