1,580 results
All reviewsmalioboro streetchinese restaurantpremium roomstar hotelswimming poolwalking distancenice hotelcentral locationwonderful stayan oasisbreakfast buffetnice poolsultan palacewelcome drinkspacious roomlocal foodching
Reviewed September 12, 2010

Our standard room was the size of a suite and the bed was comfortable and spacious. The bathroom was nice but in need of an upgrade. This seems to be a common problem in Indonesia. Its location is very convenient being close to the main strip, Malioboro, and reasonably close to the airport and very close to the train station. The staff was wonderful, another common feature in Indonesia (they sure smile a lot) and the breakfast buffet was really good. All in all a great value and a great location. I'm sure you will enjoy your stay here.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2010

stayed twice at Melia Purosani. first, during the first year of it's grand opening. splendid service, very responsive staff, good breakfast, very beautiful pool and architecture. room was nice, brand new.

second stay, after more than couple of years (due to high season so i didn't get any room at my favorite hotel) finally decided to chose Melia again. booked by phone, couldn't get suite cause it's fully booked so ended up in deluxe room facing the pool. bad choices. on 3rd floor, still on maintenance so constructions are everywhere, even the floor and windows. room was not what we expected, furniture was out dated, bathroom even worse. so old already and the shower was slow for hot water. bed was so/so and it was not comfortable at all. mattress very hard and could not sleep all night. disturbed with the construction worker again and not even sound proof. check in process was also unbelievable. took me around 40 mins even though arrrived at 3pm. what a waste of time. breakfast was not good at all. coffee was bland, almost like instant coffee. pastries were so/so. pool was still good but not well maintained.

they charged me with high price(high season ofcourse) even for deluxe room. won't return to this hotel ever despite the easy access and everything.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank travelingmadam
Reviewed August 7, 2010

My usual choice of hotel in Yogyakarta was full so we elected to stay here.

The entrance to the hotel is very welcoming and the receptionist fairly efficient but when you get to the rooms, it is a different matter. However there was a discrepancy with the booking receipt I had from my Travel Agent and what they had in their computer, I had fully prepaid and they still proceeded to block almost USD600 on my credit card until I protested and they reduced it to USD50 and my receipt said breakfast included, on their data had room only. After a short while this again was rectified, however I don't see why I had to be kept waiting whilst it was.

The rooms are starting to look tired and could do with a makeover. Really for the price they could be a lot better. There is no iron or ironing board, I needed one and it took housekeeping almost 45 minutes to bring it to the room - good job I wasn't in a rush!

There is internet, which is exhorbitantly expensive, so much that I couldn't justify using it and went around to the Internet Cafe around the corner.

Breakfast was okay, but again not what I would expect from a five star hotel. After three days, I was already bored with the choice. The coffee was in my opinion undrinkable, almost like it had been standing for several hours - yuck!

I didn't get the chance to utilise the swimming pool or any of the other facilities so I can't comment on them.

All in all, this hotel doesn't leave you feeling really anything, that's the problem really, plain and homogenous and not worth the price.

I probably wouldn't stay here again as there are cheaper, better options in Yogyakarta.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank hz88
Reviewed July 27, 2010

nice lobby and a pleasant atmosphere for young children. this hotels is very recommended for you if you want stay at the center of city. Do not worry all staff is very responsive.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 17, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights while visiting Yogyakarta on our Indonesia trip.
We felt very welcome from the moment we arrived at the hotel.

A girl came with cold towels and we were offered a welcome drink and asked to sit in the beautiful lobby while they took care of the check-in.

The room was big and nicely decorated. It had a big balcony with chairs with a nice view to the pool area. Ask for a room with a balcony towards the pool. The rooms to the street might be a bit noisy.

The breakfast was great, lots to choose from and great service. You can sit outside or inside while enjoying the breakfast.

We ate dinner at the hotel, it was okay but nothing amazing, I am sure you can find better restaurants in the area.

This was a great base when we were going to se Prambanan and Borobudur. I would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple