“Really nice stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 193 Hotels in Yogyakarta
Depok, Indonesia
“Really nice stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 4 days and spent our new year there. We arrived on des 30, 2013 at 2 pm, and because they were full booked we had to wait about half an hour to get to our room. But we didn't mind because all the staffs were really friendly, with welcome drink and comfortable waiting lounge I think it's understandable, considered it was peak season too.

Room was nice, comfortable, with complete amenities. Bathroom was okay, with separate bathtub and shower.

They have really nice pool to relax with your kid. Breakfast was delicious, with really friendly and helpful restaurant staffs.
Their location is very good, right in the heart of yogya with only walking distance to malioboro.

For summary I think their best asset is their staffs, everyone was friendly and helpful. And the only thing I think they should improve is cleanliness, especially bathroom and the room carpet area.

Afterall it's a really nice new year holiday for us. Thank you Melia :-)

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
  • Thai first
Ampang, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

From the moment we stepped foot, we were greeted by the staff who were extremely ever-helpful.

Even more interesting is, the bellboy who greeted us, wore some kind of traditional Indonesian costumes which I find weirdly unique. Best part is, they keep changing the costumes every day.

At the lobby, we were given each a cold towel to freshen up after a long journey.

Checking into the room, it was more than I can ask for - definitely value for money.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with balcony facing Mount Merapi
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

On the pre college holiday, my cousins and I stay on this hotel. Love the interior, very classic. And the room so clean, luxurious, OMG so much foods for breakfast and so yummy. The staffs are so kind. The swimming pool so great. The location so perfect. I'll be back soon.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TedzLee
Edinburgh, UK
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

We got a great rate through the hotel website so decided to give this hotel a go. "How bad can a 5 star hotel be?" I asked - and at every turn it felt like the Melia Purosani set out to answer me!

The problems I had
- the carpet in the room was worn through
- the sofa had some stains that looked like blood
- the sheets were dirty
- the bed was worn and sagging
- the "non-smoking" room stunk of cigarettes
- the price of laundry was extortionate - the "special" was 4 pieces for about £10 - outside the hotel I had a weeks worth cleaned for £2.50
- we ordered a packed breakfast one day, but didn't get one
- the wifi network didn't work, when we queried this the front desk denied it existed
- after a long days sightseeing, we returned to the hotel around 5 for a relaxing swim. 15 minutes later, we had to vacate the pool area for spraying
- dinners were poor but very expensive
- staff generally weren't very helpful, I think this is a reflection of poor training rather than the staff themselves

The only things preventing a "terrible" score from me are the low rate I paid and that the hotel granted my request for an inward facing room to prevent being woken pre-dawn by the mosque across the road.

One other thing I've noticed is the surprising number of "excellent" reviews from users who have never posted another review. Draw your own conclusions!

Room Tip: An inward facing room is a MUST if you want to sleep beyond 5am
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank willgo79
MeliaPurosani, Director of Sales at Melia Purosani, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear Sir or Madame,

Warmest Greetings from Melia Purosani Yogyakarta.

Thank you for choosing us and for taking your time to write this review.
We do apologize that some experience did not meet your expectation during your stay in our hotel. We have putted it in our attention and discuss with the department concerned for further actions and avoid similar problem in the future. So that we can respond to you in as much detail as possible, please send your email to: dosm@meliajogja.com. We will respond to your email as soon as possible. We believe that this feedback will be used as an encouragement to all of our staff to consistently improve our quality of services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us.
Yours faithfully, Mimi Nuryanti – Director of Sales & Marketing
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights. I was on a family vacation, and this is the first time for me to stay in this hotel. I found this hotel is very good. I stayed in the Deluxe room.

The hotel is quite old, but maintained well. The lobby is quite big and comfortable. The park is behind the lobby, and the park is quite nice. The staffs were friendly and helpful. When I enter the room, for me the room's design is average. The room is quite old, but the room and bathroom were clean. The breakfast was quite good, and the location of the breakfast area is beside the park. There are lots of varieties of food for breakfast, and they also taste quite good. There were becak just outside the hotel, so we don't have to bother looking for becak. Also, the location of the hotel is excellent. 5 minutes walk from the hotel, we were in the middle of Malioboro road. In Malioboro road, there are lots of shops, and restaurants, so it is easy to search for food and gifts.

So, I think the overall stay is very good. The location of the hotel is excellent. I would recommend this hotel to everybody as it is near to the shopping area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Janyeremia
Dear Sir / Madam,

What can we say apart from “Thank you”.
Your comments are noted, appreciated and are most helpful.
Assuring you of our commitment to raise standards further for the benefit of all our valued guests.

With kindest regards and sincere thanks,

Mimi Nuryanti – Director Sales & Marketing
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013

We've stayed at the Melia Pruosani several times over the last 6 years, and this time was the best due to the helpful staff. In addition to a quiet location in Chinatown and near Jl. Malioboro (for shopping and sites), the service exceeded our expectations. We arrived on an early morning flight and within 30 minutes had checked in, rented a car and were on our way to Borobudur. Later in the rainy afternoon when taxis were hard to find, the traditionally clad doorman called his friend for a pick up and got me to my appointment on time. Our overnight stay was capped by an extensive buffet that featured Indonesians cuisine including my favorite ginger tea. Even the small gym had been upgraded since our last stay. My only regret is not being able to enjoy the large pool and extensive gardens more due to the rain.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Madame,

Thank you for your kind and considerate endorsement.
The team highly appreciates it and commits to raise our standards further everyday.

Looking forward to the pleasure of your company again soon.

With kindest regards,
Mimi Nuryanti – Director Sales & Marketing
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

Was initially considering between the Phoenix and the Melia, and eventually decided on the Melia due to the good deal offered from the Melia website if you stay a minimum of 3 nights.

Staff were friendly and always there to help. I got them to help me with outside restaurant reservations, and it was a breeze. It was also easy to get taxis from the hotel.

Nothing much to complain about the room as it was as expected. Only qualms is that the carpet did not feel too clean but I walked around with bedroom slippers so that was fine. Pillows could be firmer, they were little too soft for me.

Location wise, less than 200 meters to Maliaboro street so very convenient. Walkable to Kraton and Mirota batik so that's very good.

Overall I would recommend Melia. I also do think that Melia should be ranked higher in this ranking.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir or Madame,

Thank you very much for your positive comments. It is a pleasure to know that you and your family have enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We will share your nice comments with our team.
We wait for your return at the Melia Purosani and hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Yours faithfully,