$56
$75
$65
$82
1,552 results
All reviewsmalioboro streetchinese restaurantpremium roomswimming poolnice hotelwalking distancecentral locationwonderful stayan oasisbreakfast buffetbig roomnice poolsultan palacewelcome drinklocal foodchingindonesia
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Things are often relative. Having just stayed at a five star in Bangkok, I suppose my expectations were higher. It is a decent hotel. I would recommend it. Here are just some items to take into consideration... first, there was way too many of those annoying air freshener machines all over the place. They even had them in the 3 elevators/lifts. I really did not look forward to having to use those lifts... too smelly and gave me headaches. The smell reminded me of a restroom or a taxi ride. And this smell was everywhere - bc they have a mold and mildew problem. They could take steps to correct that - or just spray massive amounts of air freshener around. second, the breakfast is okay, but it tends to lean towards the Asian palette. The BBQ on Friday night is very good and good value. The band was very good, the dancers were great. the food was awesome. the pool is fun and has a slide. the hotel is within walking distance to the batik street of Jalan Malioboro. a special mention for the customer service - it was very good. I was originally placed in a two bed room, but only wanted a king size - and so they switched me. oh, another thing, forget the wifi. it is super slow and constantly drops. they still charge for internet in the rooms - I know really. well, time moves a little slower in jogja - and for the most part this is part of its charm. if I could give a 3.5 I would do it. it's a little better than 3 but I can't give a four...

Room Tip: Stayed here for five days; my room faced the pool and was fine. Heard that rooms facing the city had noise, especially from the mosques.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
MeliaPurosani, Director of Sales at Melia Purosani, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear Sir or Madam,

Warmest Greetings from Melia Purosani Yogyakarta.
Thank you for choosing us and for taking your time to write this review.
We do apologize that some experience did not meet your expectation during your stay in our hotel. We have putted it in our attention and discuss with the department concerned for further actions and avoid similar problem in the future. Please send your email to: dosm@meliajogja.com. We will respond to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us.
Yours faithfully, Mimi Nuryanti – Director of Sales & Marketing

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Looking at the attractive price, I had low expectations. I was very pleasantly surprised. It is a comfortable, clean, well managed hotel. The room was short of frills, but was perfectly serviceable. Service was consistently excellent. After staying here, I moved to a hotel double the price and ranked number one on Tripadvisor, and found Melia's service not inferior in any way.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Sir or Madam,

Warmest Greetings from Melia Purosani
Your comments on our service, our services and product are most encouraging and my thanks to you for your consideration in writing this review. It would seem that our mission was accomplished with regards to your stay and we look forward to exceeding your expectations next time we may have the pleasure of your company.

With kindest regards,

Yours faithfully,
Mimi Nuryanti – Director of Sales & Marketing

Reviewed July 3, 2013

We stayed a few nights in this hotel for a wedding, and booked the level Melia guest room. The hotel is located within walking distance of the famous Malioboro Road. Our room was quiet big and tastefully decorated and the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was large and luxurious and the room had a nice view on the Volcano.

Upon arrival the hotel offers you a welcome drink, which might seem as something small, but is highly appreciated after a long travel because it is usually some great fruit juice. The breakfast buffet was well taken care off and had lots of varieties including vegetarian options.

The reception staff was very helpful and answered all the questions we had and gave detailed answers. We had a perfect stay and I recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I can only confirm that the level Melia Guest rooms are a good choice.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Mr Ivo,

Thank you for your kind and considerate endorsement.
The team highly appreciates it and commits to raise our standards further everyday.

Looking forward to the pleasure of your company again soon.
With kindest regards,
Mimi Nuryanti – Director Sales & Marketing

Reviewed July 2, 2013

I was here on a business trip. The room was huge. The interior of the hotel a bit old but clean. The bed is quite soft, i prefer hard, since i have a back ache problem. Near Malioboro, just 5 minutes walk from the hotel. Breakfast was great, lots of choice. But after 4 days, its a bit boring. Nothing change much in the menu.The staff was helpful. Location from the airport about 30-40 minutes by driving. There's no wifi in the room, only in the lobby, but a bit slow and sometimes no connection at all.

Room Tip: Choose the room with the pool view, its quite nice.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Mr. Faldy,

What can we say apart from “Thank you”.
Your comments are noted, appreciated and are most helpful.
Assuring you of our commitment to raise standards further for the benefit of all our valued guests.

With kindest regards and sincere thanks,
Mimi Nuryanti – Director Sales & Marketing

Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is recommended by a friend. He loves to stay here since it's very near with the famous Malioboro street and traditional market of Beringharjo, where you can find georgous batik with cheap price.

Since i'm on my business trip, i need wi-fi on my room or, at least, an internet cable. Unfortunately, the wi-fi only provided on the lobby and the internet not included with room price.

When i was going to dry my hair, the hair dryer made an eerie voice and burnt smell. The hair dryer definitely broken. Well, the maintenance staff should check the equipment regularly, i think :p

At today's breakfast, my spoon still has some oily remarks. Quite surprising for me, since the hotel is quite luxurious.

But overall, the hotel is good. The room is big and nice.

If you're on holiday, like to shop traditional souvenir, eat traditional food, walk in Malioboro street, this hotel is still recommended. :)

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear Ms. Ika Kharisma,

Thank you for choosing Melia Purosani as your accommodation during your stay in Yogyakarta. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and we do apologize that some experience did not meet your expectation during your stay in our hotel.
We surely will share your comments with our team.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the nearest future.
Yours faithfully,