Novotel Yogyakarta
Ranked #22 of 212 Hotels in Yogyakarta
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Great Hotel with pleasant hospitality and Perfect Location.
Having nice facilities for kids, good taste of Foods and Beverages at the friendliest Resto, nice and clean rooms and of course friendly approach from all of their staffs.
My family can't wait to come back here again for their weekend vacation .....

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Novotel_Yogyakarta, General Manager at Novotel Yogyakarta, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

Dear Adi P,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Yogyakarta. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Novotel Yogyakarta

Write a ReviewReviews (1,041)

Reviewed June 22, 2014

I'm planning to stay 2 night. First, they give me room 733 and that room has moles in the wall. Then they give me room 722 and still it's not what I expected from Novotel Chain. Day 2, I move to other hotel. Stay in this hotel is not worthed, expensive with bad room.

1  Thank icaJakarta

Dear icaJakarta,

Reviewed June 21, 2014

The staff are very friendly and my first room was great. However, the second room I stayed in had an ant infestation. I took a bag downstairs to the reception desk that was teaming with ants and it sparked very little interest with the woman at the desk. No one offered me a different room or offered me any compensation. I actually didn't think the room had been cleaned as there was a comb on the place to put the suitcase. Finally, they switched me to another room, but there was hammering and tapping going on next door or upstairs. I had to keep ringing the desk on the phone and finally went down and spoke with them in person to get them to stop the racket. I decided to have lunch there one day and it took more than an hour to get the food. I hired a driver who was good and took me to a lot of the sites and shops, but his English wasn't very good considering the price he charged. It was too expensive RP 700,000/per day. On the other hand, it was also a hassle free way to see the area, so perhaps worth it, but those are western prices. When I checked out of the hotel, they tried to charge me more than the price they had quoted me when I walked in. Fortunately, I had saved the post it note the price was written on so I could prove it. But given the ants and other inconveniences, I would have thought I would get a discount. They had brought a bowl of fruit to the room with a note of apology. All this said, in terms of Indonesia and hotels, it was quite good. The staff speak English which is incredibly helpful. I liked the bar and the atmosphere. The food was good, although the waiting time torturous. One night when i was there a man in the bar claimed to have had his laptop stolen and the fuss over that went on for a couple of hours, making it very stressful rather than a relaxing place to sit and enjoy the evening.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Novotel_Yogyakarta, General Manager at Novotel Yogyakarta, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Dear Maus D,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Yogyakarta. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Went to Yogya with the whole family.
we booked 3 rooms for the first night, then another room for the next night.

check-in is fairly quick, since we arrived very early, we got a free early check-in for 1 room, which is okay to us since we will be using it to store our luggages and then head out for breakfast and sightseeing.

Location is perfect, there is a Mall nearby, a supermarket, and some places to eat.
Too bad we haven't got the chance to try out the swimming pool since it is scheduled to be closed for a private birthday party.

The room is perfectly clean and bed is very comfortable, the wifi needs to be enhanced though, I noticed only 1 wifi device to cover 3 hallways.. pretty sure the rooms at the end of the hall won't get the signal, even in room 710 which is only steps away from the device, some corner of the room is a blindspot.

Breakfast, I would say average.. aside from the many varieties of the meal, do not like the fried rice, porridge and some indonesian menus, fresh made eggs / omelettes are better, sausages and breads will have to do :) But amazing services though from the restaurant staffs
Other staffs are also very friendly..

Kids Club are very helpfull for our children's entertainment... too bad it closes at 6pm... and we were sent out with the fitness center staff, did not make the kids happy as they still want to play :) oh well...

overal it was a very pleasant stay.. thank you Novotel

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Novotel_Yogyakarta, Manager at Novotel Yogyakarta, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Dear fananda,

Reviewed June 15, 2014

The service was top notched from all the staff in the hotel.

I have to make a special mention and thanks to Ms Yoan, the hotel's guest relation officer for her impeccable service and attitude towards the guests. She is attentive and helpful. She made the effort to make the guests "valuable". Kudos to Ms Yoan's good work.

The only reason why I didn't give this hotel a full star rating is the fact that the hotel itself has seen better days.

The bathtub and sink seems to be clogged. Difficulty in controlling a suitable temperature for my shower. Throughout my stay water was yellowish during my shower. Room was quite dated but comfy though. I also find the lobby quite stuffy and very dim litted.

Overall a good hotel and did meet my expectations from a Novotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Gl0betr0tter85,

We very much thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Yogyakarta. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I have shared your comments with our team, especially Yoan. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Please be informed that we are also taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

Has good location very close to shoping mall, street food, maliboro, great breakfast, nice pool. Need improvement in Lift i think is too small and only 2 Provide 2 lift. In peak holliday or group of tour it takes a minutes bored waiting lift to get to your room.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Nagatimur
Novotel_Yogyakarta, Manager at Novotel Yogyakarta, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Dear Nagatimur,

At Novotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence, especially with the Housekeeping department.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

We had an excellent stay in Yogyakarta. The staff were very friendly & the hotel was very convenient in every way. The swimming pool was a major area of occupation & fun to be in. The really king size bed in the spacious room was a major comfort.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Novotel_Yogyakarta, Manager at Novotel Yogyakarta, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Dear Rajesh U,