“Kids friendly hotel ? Not in my opinion.”
Review of Novotel Yogyakarta

Novotel Yogyakarta
Ranked #22 of 210 Hotels in Yogyakarta
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Despite offering kids club and kids swimming pool and free cot, this hotel is pretty disappointing for staying with kids.

- We used the free room upgrade from Accor Advantage Plus Indonesia only to find out that all superior room and suite are all smoking room.
Our room smell so bad we eventually concede with getting the standard room instead.
(And no compensation offered for this hassle)
- The free cot doesn't comes with blanket but comes with pillow, and when I asked the reception for extra blanket for the cot (any size), they can't find any (can you believe that ?),
- The thermostat in the room doesn't work properly, sometimes it works sometimes it's not, Ended up have to turn off the A.C for a while so it doesn't get too cold.
- Kids club and spa and health club is located on the second floor which filled with smoking room. The hallway from lift to "health" area full of tobacco smell.

I wished that I went to Grand Phoenix instead since the price was pretty much the same when they had the promotion.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Novotel_Yogyakarta, Manager at Novotel Yogyakarta, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Dear tinx78,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Yogyakarta. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Executive Assistant Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,062)

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Booked the room for 1 night through Accor membership promo with 40% discount, but the price from online booking sites seems not far off of what I've paid. The room is clean with big window overlooking the mountain which is very nice. Breakfast is sumptuous and not to be missed.
It would have been a 'very good' review if the bathroom in my room work properly. It smelled as if someone use the toilet and forgot to flush and it happened halfway though my stay. Pool is decent but whirlpool didn't work.

Room Tip: higher floor looking out the mountain side.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Novotel_Yogyakarta, Manager at Novotel Yogyakarta, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Dear tinowrywn,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay which I have shared it with our team.

Please rest assure that we strive to continuously improve the quality of our product and services for guest satisfaction.

Regards,

Reviewed February 5, 2014

I stayed in this hotel on 27 December 2013 with my family. Although I booked the rooms from November (2 rooms and paid full by bank transfer), I still had to wait for 1 hour and 15 minutes to get a room. After the long wait I only got 1 room and had to wait another 30-45 minutes to get another one. I hold a "le club accor" classic free card, but it didn't seemed to bring any advantages during the check in.

It was difficult to get an extra bed. I had to wait for almost 2 hours to get an extra bed. But they did a nice job re-arranging the furniture in the room when placing the extra bed which is a nice thing to see.

My wife sprained her ankle slipped on a wet floor in front of Ground Floor elevator. The door to the ground floor elevator and the door to swimming pool is next to each other. People dripping wet from the pool just walked by to the elevator without any towel (it's because you cannot bring the pool towel to your room and you have to dry your self on the poolside. Unlike the time when we stayed in Novotel Bogor where we may bring the towel to the room). Sadly eventhough many hotel staff were around, none of them help my wife or put a wet floor sign. I had to call a concierge to put a wet floor sign then.

Last but not least, they only give you 1 room card key. Which makes it troublesome everytime one of us wanted to go down the lobby or the kids wanted to go to the kid's club. You can ask extra card key though, but that is if they have spares over 5 PM.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank WedhaMardi
Novotel_Yogyakarta, Manager at Novotel Yogyakarta, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Dear WedhaMardi,

We appreciate your sharing and your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

Ideal for family staying with kids in Yogyakarta. The hotel property is a bit old, but I notice it is well maintained. The welcome drink was so sweet, indeed too sweet for me. Breakfast is nice, with lot of choices, but the sushi was not feel like sushi at all. Love the real fruit juice and fresh "gula asem" drink. The swimming pool was clean, with other small pool for kids. Beware that the pool dept is 1.7m. Overall it is a standard novotel.

Room Tip: Old fashioned stores nearby hotels. Need taxi (or local transportation) if you want to go to Maliobo...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Dear DionWidia,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Yogyakarta. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Novotel is well located - 20 minutes drive from the airport & adjacent to a mall which has a range of restaurants to suit your palate. The rooms are well appointed, though the lighting is a little dim for reading. The hotel food was delicious & very well priced & the staff very obliging - my husband ordered a pizza & requested a range of toppings & they willingly obliged @ no extra cost! Staff are helpful but some of them are not to knowledgeable about the dining options in the city. Would recommend the hotel for a business or leisure trip.

Room Tip: Try for the higher floors - get a view of the famous Merupi Volcano!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Novotel_Yogyakarta, General Manager at Novotel Yogyakarta, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Dear shahnaz_11,

Best regards
Jessica Uekermann

Reviewed January 27, 2014

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

This is my 3rd stayed in this hotel, i've never have a problem with the towel before. Yesterday I quite dissapointed, when I am at bathroom and ready to take a bath, I can't find any towel at all. I ask to the hotel, the room boy said they forget to check the completeness of the amenities,and they send bath towel and towel for floor and they said that hand towel is not available. I hope the novotel more presentable again.

Overall, novotel is nice hotel to stay, comfy room, friendly staff. Strategic hotel, located in the center of yogyakarta city. The breakfast have many variety of food, eastern and western cuisine are available.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Syennig,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Yogyakarta. I have concerned about your disappointment therefore please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

We hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Sincerely yours,