“Pleasant hotel, excellent restaurant, standard Novotel quality”
Review of Novotel Yogyakarta

Novotel Yogyakarta
Ranked #18 of 202 Hotels in Yogyakarta
Brunei Darussalam
“Pleasant hotel, excellent restaurant, standard Novotel quality”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

I stayed at the Novotel Yogyakarta for four nights between Christmas and New Year 2013.

The hotel is easily accessible from the airport by taxi as it's along the main road connecting the city to the airport, the ride takes about 15-20 minutes.

Check-in was a swift standard procedure although my room wasn't ready yet as I arrived early, well before the check-in time. Once I got my room it was a pretty standard Novotel room; functional and comfortable but as is often the case with the international hotel chains, quite generic. The Kedaton restaurant received high marks from me; the food was excellent and the Hainanese chicken rice - one of my all time favorite Asian dishes - was possibly the best I've ever had. Also the breakfast buffet was good, plenty to choose from and they did not run out of any items even later on in the service. The lobby bar was quite busy at times (not due to the amount of people at the bar but they handled the drinks for the restaurant as well) so some orders took a bit of time. Note that smoking is allowed indoors as well in the bar area.

The pool was quite nice and big enough for doing laps, plenty of children around though. The gym was also good, although I would have wished for fan/AC when on the treadmill.

The hotel is about 15-20 minutes (lazy) walk from the Malioboro area and there are becaks outside the hotel at all times waiting for customers. On a Friday evening the traffic was quite packed and I couldn't get a taxi around the hotel but a becak was available. From the hotel to Malioboro the becak ride should be about 20-25k rupiah, expect to pay a bit more during rush hour when traffic is completely packed though.

Overall the hotel was quite nice, the standard/generic rooms were nicely supplemented by the other facilities and I would recommend/stay again. Note though; as the hotel description on the hotels.com website states that "the staff can provide tour/ticket assistance" I did not make my sightseeing arrangements beforehand. At the hotel, when I asked about this service, I was told that only car rental service is available. So do make your own sightseeing plans/arrangements beforehand.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Novotel_Yogyakarta, Manager at Novotel Yogyakarta, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear haerski ,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Yogyakarta. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

We hope we will be able to welcome you again one day in Novotel Yogyakarta.

Best regards

I Nengah Sudiarta
Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I was impressed by the prompt reply to our email requesting airport transfer, and also by their efficient response when we had to cancel the transfer due to airline delays. Overall the staff were friendly & efficient. They were very willing to assist us even though we arrived many hours late. Check in & check out were trouble free. It was great to have a case stand in the room that accommodated two cases. Located close to city centre. Very good buffet at breakfast, plus wide choise at evening meal.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Novotel_Yogyakarta, General Manager at Novotel Yogyakarta, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear Geoff B.,

We hope we will be able to welcome you again in our hotel.
Best regards

Jessica Uekermann
Hong Kong
Reviewed December 30, 2013

The location is convenient and the staffs are friendly and helpful though a a little off the very downtown, Malioboro. I stayed at its King Size Room with King size double bed. It was definitely worth for money. I also tried its spa and the experience was good. Will recommend my freinds to stay here in future.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank viviensin
Novotel_Yogyakarta, Manager at Novotel Yogyakarta, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear viviensin,

Thanks a lot for your valuable feedback. My team and I are happy to hear that you have enjoyed your recent stay with us and we hope we will be able to welcome you again in the future in Novotel Yogyakarta.

Best regards,