“Nice comfy hotel to spend holiday or just taking short business trip”
Review of Novotel Yogyakarta

Novotel Yogyakarta
Ranked #18 of 204 Hotels in Yogyakarta
Jakarta
“Nice comfy hotel to spend holiday or just taking short business trip”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

i stay 2 nights in novotel yogyakarta and it was a great stay. actually i went to jogja is on a business trip but apparently it just like a vacation for me since they gave me a best experience. the staff are so friendly and helpful. especially Ms Dewi and Mr Andre in the front office that gave me a lot information about places to visit and recommend me a nice restaurants. May be the hotel building not in a great shape condition, but if the employee keep their working spirit like that, I believe it still be one of the best hotel in Yogyakarta.

definitely going back there again when i visit jogja again some day

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Esther Natalia l
Novotel_Yogyakarta, General Manager at Novotel Yogyakarta, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear Ester Natalia I,

thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience regarding your stay in Novotel Yogyakarta.

I have shared your comments with my team as it is always an encouragement for all of us to hear that we have reached our goal - guest satisfaction.

We are looking forward to welcome you again soon.

Jessica Uekermann

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I think this is my 3rd stay in Novotel Yogyakarta,Thus,I'm going to share my latest experience staying in this hotel,I stayed here from October 25th - October 27th,twin beds,it was nice! my niece LOVE the kids zone,where toys are provided,like plastic cooking utensils,stuffed animals,etc. I went swimming in the morning & the pool is very nice,Novotel has this jacuzzi pool where you could easily turn it on/off & Novotel also provide the kids pool,0,50 m (if I'm not mistaken),one thing about the pool,the adult pool is too deep (for me) it's 1,7 m,personally,I can't really swim,I wish there's a less deeper pool,as much as I'd love to go in there,I am afraid i'm gonna drown because I'm taking my niece,the hotel staff is also very helpful,I only had one suitcase & a few grocery bags when I arrived,as soon as I got out from the car,the staff asked me if I needed any help,I said yes immediately. The location is quite strategic,it's located near Galeria mall & few street food stalls are located right in front of the hotel. When I was about to checked out from the hotel,my sister called the receptionist so a bell boy would come to our room & help us with the luggage,it took SO long,my sister finally decided to bring down all the luggages herself, as soon as she's out from the room,the bell boy came. Overall,it was a very nice stay & I would love to come back again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Cattleya P
Novotel_Yogyakarta, General Manager at Novotel Yogyakarta, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Cattleya P,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Yogyakarta. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

We hope we will be able to welcome you again one day in Novotel Yogyakarta.

Jakarta
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We stayed in Novotel Yogyakarta for company meeting during 23-24 Oct.

Meeting room (Lawu) was ok. However, there is only one problem, no internet connection available in the meeting room.

On the 1st day, we have requested the internet connection multiple times to the front desk only to get reply they will activate the wifi soon (which never happens).

On the 2nd day, I repeatedly come over to the front desk requesting the internet to be set (from 9 AM) only to get another reply it will be handled soon.

Finally after the 3rd or 4th complaints, the IT guy come over to setup the internet connection by 11.40 AM, done 5 minutes job connecting some cables, and voila we have the internet, when the meeting will be over in 20 mins.

I definitely will not recommend to have any business meeting in this place in the future, as the service for such simple task will take you 2 days to resolve.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Carlo_Ong
Novotel_Yogyakarta, General Manager at Novotel Yogyakarta, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear Carlo_Ong,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Yogyakarta. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Novotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence, especially with the Front Office Department to ensure a better follow up.

Mr. Ong, my team and I hope that you will give us the chance again to serve you again in the future.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Had not stayed at this hotel for a few years. Chose to stay again based on past experiences there and its good location. Still a good place to stay with good service, friendly staff. Stayed 5 nights and enjoyed it. Room comfortable and clean. Easy and convenient shopping almost next door at Galleria Mall. Jalan Malioboro only a short taxi ride away or try a becak ride. Also only approx 25 minutes from the airport. Good and convenient place to stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Meg_Australia_47
Novotel_Yogyakarta, General Manager at Novotel Yogyakarta, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Dear Meg_Australia_47,

We hope we will be able to welcome you again soon in Novotel Yogyakarta.
Semarang, Indonesia
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This time, I would like to share my latest experience in staying at Novotel Yogyakarta during the weekend before this past weekend. It all started when we arrived in the hotel slightly before 10:00 am in the hotel. When we arrived in the hotel, there were two other guests were still standing in the receptionist's desk to be served by two different female staffs. Minutes later, one of them was leaving the counter so i came over and proceeded with check-in.

My check-in process was quite prompt but I was told that my room would be available within the next hour so that I decided to leave the hotel and found something to eat. Before I left the front desk, I reminded the female staff that we were traveling with our baby so that we really need the room to be ready when we arrived back in the hotel an hour later.

So we left and returned back to the hotel slightly longer than an hour as we had promised only to find that our designated room was not "really" ready as we had to wait for another 10~15 minutes although the same receptionist had confirmed that she had prepared the room key for us. Honestly, I was a bit disappointed to see that this event kept repeating again and again so that I started realizing that very few people in hospitality industry in Indonesia these days were really capable of paying attention to small details the guests require.

However, fortunately we had no problem at all during the rest of our stay except we found that all our bath towels were so smelly my wife almost threw up when she first used them : They were not really suitable to be used anymore but my wild guess was the owner of the hotel was so stingy or the hotel's management didn't dare to propose a budget, for the bath towel's replacement, to the owner as I strongly notice similar problem found in other hotel properties owned by the same individual.

Other than the above, the hotel is located in a prime area and it is located within a minute walk from one of favorite shopping mall in town. Malioboro is within fifteen (15) minutes drive from the hotel. Airport can be reached within half an hour drive under normal traffic.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that is facing Mt. Merapi in a higher floor as you may see it clearly in a good da...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Bambang S
Novotel_Yogyakarta, General Manager at Novotel Yogyakarta, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Pak Bambang S,

thanks for sharing your experience during your latest visit to our hotel. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

I have shared your comments with the department concerned, especially with the Front Office Team. We will continue the training of our team to ensure that check-ins are handled properly and fast.

Shanghai, China
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Nice hotel, clean enough and good service. The staff can give good recommendation and they are very polite. The breakfast just acceptable. Overall i dont hesitate to come again to novotel if we have to stay in yogyakarta.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank eei_11
Novotel_Yogyakarta, General Manager at Novotel Yogyakarta, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear eei_11,

your comments have been shared with my team and we are glad to hear that your stay was an enjoyable one.

We hope you will give us the chance to serve you again soon in the future.