“NOVOTEL Comfort Hotel in Jogjakarta”
Review of Novotel Yogyakarta

Novotel Yogyakarta
Ranked #18 of 200 Hotels in Yogyakarta
Surabaya, Indonesia
“NOVOTEL Comfort Hotel in Jogjakarta”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Everytime myself or with family visit to Jogjakarta first choice is Novotel. Novotel Jogjakarta is really comfortable, with location on main road in Jogjakarta. Next door to this hotel is a plaza where you can do shopping or relax with drinking some coffee or fruit juice. Across the hotel is Christian hospital, and near with many resto like KFC, Pizza Hut, etc. Taxi or bus is very easy you can get anytime.

Room Tip: "Higher floors have some good views to see Jogjakarta"
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Novotel_Yogyakarta, Manager at Novotel Yogyakarta, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Secapramana,

We thank you for sharing your comments. My team and I are happy that you have enjoyed your stay.

It is always our pleasure to welcome you and your family again at our hotel.

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Bali
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Stayed in Novotel Yogya for one night only, check in was smooth and need no more then 5 minutes. Room view on the 3rd floor is ok, room is big with a bath tub, fast room service (I ordered asparagus soup and western meal - I waited not more then 30 minutes). I like most is the breakfast, a lot of choice. It was a buffet with many choice of breads, jams, continental b'fast, indonesian b'fast.... great. Everything was great, the XXI cinema is only 15 minutes walk from the reception. And with a taxi to central of Malioboro is only 5 minutes.

Room Tip: 3rd floor was ok, not too high not too low, sometimes planes passes for landing but you won't he...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Novotel_Yogyakarta, Manager at Novotel Yogyakarta, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear Iwan E,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Yogyakarta. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Kind regards,

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Stay for 1 night only and need hotel near MM Ugm. I check in at night Bcoz I took last flight from Jakarta. when I get there smoking deluxe room with double bed i had booked already occupied so they give a free up grade to suit room, that's really nice.
Overall the room is nice and as usual have a living room since it was suite room. I love wooden floor but pity for the living room furniture that's very old and also the bath room was old maintenance and design even though still in good operation and clean. Beside that I found many bugs and little spider on bed table , that's pity since they should frequently use insect controlling service thru vendor or by their self.
Food quite nice and most of all is all the staff is very friendly and helpful and have a nice pool lounge.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank R R
Dear R R,

I have shared your comments with our team.

Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our product & services.

We hope we will be able to welcome you again in the future.

Kind regards,

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Stayed one night with wife and child who is 10 years old.
The hotel lived up to the Novotel name. Everything that you can reasonably expect; friendly staff, clean and spacious room, working facilities, good location and value for money.
The kids club had an interior and exterior section. The interior part had an xBox with various games while the outdoor playground had swings, sand pit, games table etc.
The staff managing the kids club was friendly and helpful.
Near to the hotel is a shopping mall and local eating places.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear tramalt,

We thank you for sharing your experience in our hotel and we are glad to hear that you have enjoyed the stay with us.

I have shared your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

We hope will welcome you and your family again in the near time.

Sincerely.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Total days of stay: 2 nights

The hotel is located in the center of the Jogja city and near to the airport. Hotel room is quite large, however the bathroom is not in its top condition. When we stayed there some part of the hotel was currently being renovated, it took a while for the check-in process but the staff was polite.

The pool was quite deep for leisure, we expected a 1.2m pool just to swim for fun, but the pool was 1.7m+ from the edge and too deep for the teenagers. I tried the In Balance spa too, in the morning there is a 25% discount. The spa was nice, however there is only 1 therapist in the morning, so if you want to bring a friend the other therapist is available from 11am.

When I was checking out.. another long wait.

Overall experience was good. Nice hotel, great location and good value for money.

Room Tip: If travelling in groups, ask for rooms with connecting doors. Check-in time is quite long, yu might...
1 Thank sberryjubilee
Novotel_Yogyakarta, General Manager at Novotel Yogyakarta, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear sberryjubilee,

Best regards
Jessica Uekermann
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Checked in on 12 Jul 2013 room 538. This was the second time I stayed in Novotel Yogya. Check in was a lot of hassle. I waited 30-45 minutes before we finally got our rooms. I requested for an upgrade using Accor Advantage Plus upgrade voucher, but was told that the the room was unavailable. But I overheard another guy in the reception saying that the room was actually available. Quite unsure what happened. So, I decided to take the standard room and still had to wait for long time before finally getting the room key. I guess accor platinum member does not mean anything in this hotel.

The room is nice and spacious as what Novotel standard should be, the bed is quite comfortable. All the facilities are according to the standards. Plenty of cable tv channels to watch. Room is a bit dark though. The bathroom needs better maintanence, there's mould everywhere on the wall surrounding the bathtub. If you are the type that notices this kind of thing, you'd feel disgusted.

Location is okay, it is located next to one of the bigger mall, Galleria. It's about 15 minutes drive to the famous Malioboro road. However Jogjakarta is relatively small city so you could probably go anywhere around the city within 30 minutes drive if traffic is OK.

Room Tip: The standard room which is located in the corner, such as room 538 has a bigger entrance-wardrobe ar...
Dear rhendarto,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Yogyakarta. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Jessica Uekermann