“Pleasant and reliable” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #18 of 193 Hotels in Yogyakarta
Singapore, Singapore
“Pleasant and reliable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

This the third time where I have stayed in this hotel. The rooms are relatively big - can even put in an extra bed comfortably. The beds are firm n air conditioning worked well.

Good breakfast spread with wide selection from western fare, Japanese miso soup. Sushi to Indonesian food that includes Yogjarkata local dishes.

Hotel is not too far from major shopping centres- Galleria Mall is just 5 minutes walk away. In this mall you can find shops n eateries. Getting a taxi to the latest big mall, Ambaruk Plaza costs you less than 25,000 rupiah.

Possible minus point : toilet facilities are a bit dated but they are clean n relatively big.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Novotel_Yogyakarta, Manager at Novotel Yogyakarta, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Ailuiyou.

I have shared your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services

We appreciate your sharing your feedback, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Best regards,

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nites in June 2013. Booked 2 rooms with the family. Clean and comfortable rooms. Check in was good and fast and given welcome drinks. Located just beside the Galeria Mall with lots of shops and eateries. Though the biggest and modern mall here would be the Ambaruk Plaza. Took big taxi from the airport ( a toyota alza) to fit my family of 5 and the bags for 70k rupiah. Also negotiated with the same driver for a days service for 400k rupiah for the trip to Borubodor the next day. The swimming pool is decent in size though a bit deep for the children (1.7m deep). Overall a good hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Novotel_Yogyakarta, Manager at Novotel Yogyakarta, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Aimantakisah,

I have shared your positive feedback with our team as an encouragement for them to continuously improve the service quality for guest satisfaction.

We hope we will welcome you again in the near future.

Kind regards,

Penang, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

Stayed for 5 nights on 26th to 31st May with my family of 4. I requested for non smoking, connecting room on a higher floor and got all of it. Room is spacious and clean. The air conditioner works perfectly on the hot and humid weather.
Staffs are friendly and helpful throughout my stay. They even escort us to our room when checking in. Security was good too. The hotel is located next to a shopping mall which is an advantage and in the middle of the town, easy for me to move around.
Breakfast is well spread and kids below 16 eats free. However it tend to repetitive, I got bored of it after the third day.
Had Ala-Carte dinner for two consecutive nights in the coffee house. Choices are limited and service was quite slow on the second night, got my food after 30 minutes which is unacceptable.
As for the rest of my stay, I do not encounter other issue and my family had a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Go for higher floor, less traffic noise.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Novotel_Yogyakarta, Manager at Novotel Yogyakarta, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Lovetotravel5585

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Novotel Yogyakarta.

I have shared your comments with our team as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

We hope we will welcome you again in the future.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

My wife and I spent the weekend of Vesak Day in Yogyakarta. We were there to support our sport team and also wanted to watch the flying of paper lanterns at Borobudur for Vesak Day. The Novotel Yogya is strategically located in the center of the city. The room we stayed (521) was neat and clean. However the bathtub was always leaking when being used for shower. So the bathroom floor was always wet and could be unsafe for children and senior citizen. We did not order breakfast or use any of the hotel facility because we had full-day programs. But we saw a relatively small pool near the lobby. Overall, it's a good stay at this hotel. Hopefully next time we will get a queen bed room with shower place that does not leak.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank RidwanO
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

I stayed in Novotel Yogyakarta on May 23-24, 2013.
Check in process was okay when I check in around 10 pm.

However, the check out time was really slow and that made people were lining up.
There were only 2 receptionists handled the check out guests about 12.30 pm.
I myself just ordered room service and breakfast, but the billing closing was very slow.
It took me about 15 min to check out .

Hotel lobby was aging and dark, maybe it's time for renovation.

Room service around midnite promised to come about 30 minutes, but it come more than 30 minutes. Fortunately the taste of pizza and chicken was okay.

Dowa bag store in the lobby is also a nice place to visit, as its bag is made in Yogyakarta.
Taxi is very easy to find in front of the hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Novotel_Yogyakarta, General Manager at Novotel Yogyakarta, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear Ika-Soegianto,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Yogyakarta. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

Went to Yogya for a family vacation. We chose to stay at Novotel Yogya due to its strategic location easily within reach from anywhere in Yogya. Next to Galeria Mal, in front of Bethesda Hospital and just minutes away from Malioboro or alun-alun keraton. We stayed at 7th floor, non smoking room with a view to swimming pool below. The room is quite spacious for all four of us (me, my wife and two little daughers) The staffs were quite friendly and helpful, although there was one time we ordered plates to eat our dinner, had to call the room service almost three times and the plates came too late, we already ate the dinner. The swimming pool need to be more child friendly since the depth is 1.7 m and the kid-pool area is way too small. Overall it was a nice stay but would consider another hotel should we are planning to go back to Yogya.

Room Tip: We were given a nice decent room at 7th floor room 715, a non smoking room and fit for small family.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Oka Y
Novotel_Yogyakarta, General Manager at Novotel Yogyakarta, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Oka Y,

At Novotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence, especially with our Room Service Department.

Best regards
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

Room are quite spacious, very nice and clean although only standard room. Amenities is complete and good quality. Very good for working since it is equip with working table and chair and several electricity outlets. Location is not in the heart of handicraft paradise of Yogya but it is quite easy to go everywhere since Yogya city is quite small. Mall is nearby, therefore, also easy to find things you may need while travelling. The pool, however, is quite small in comparison with Novotel Surabaya.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Novotel_Yogyakarta, General Manager at Novotel Yogyakarta, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Pak Abdi617,

thanks for your comments related to your stay. My team and I are happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay. We hope we will be able to welcome you again in the near future.
Best regards