“What you pay is not what you get,total decepointment”
Review of Novotel Yogyakarta

Novotel Yogyakarta
Ranked #18 of 200 Hotels in Yogyakarta
Melbourne,Australia
“What you pay is not what you get,total decepointment”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I booked 2 room and got 701 and 709.Only get 1 key and when I request another key,they declined it.
We were on our business trip.
When We open the 709 room inside still the guest only wear a towel ?!(what?)
We were horrified and exchange 709 key with 706.No apologise no comment what so ever.
Both room the aircon is hot air, we cant sleep because worried someone will enter our room,breakfast was bad in term condimen bubur ayam were not fresh,no cracker,towel and linen were outdated.we also was stuck in the elevator for 7 minutes.
Will we stay again?
No Never

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Tsa_RyszardMom
Novotel_Yogyakarta, General Manager at Novotel Yogyakarta, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Tsa_RyszardMom,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Yogyakarta. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

I have investigated with my Managers concerned and found out that the Front Desk Agent has not followed our procedures which resulted in giving you the key of room 709 while in our computer system you were checked in into 707.

We are able to provide you with additional keys and I am again sorry that this was refused to you.

Please be ensured that we strive to provide excellent service to every guest and your feedback has helped us to improve ourselves. We are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Related to the incident with the elevator, I cannot find any report. Please contact me directly under gm@novotelyoga.com so I will be able to follow this up.

Best regards
Jessica Uekermann

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I stayed in Novotel with 2 other family members. We were there for 3 nights. We booked a room that could fit for the 3 of us. The room was clean so was the bathroom. Free wifi was provided by the hotel. The staff were friendly and courteous. To add to another plus was its location which was convenient.
However, there are rooms for improvement on the breakfast buffet which was so-so. Guests were not spoiled for choices and the taste of the foods was rather ordinary. In addition to that, we caught smoky smell along the corridor leading to our room when we walked out of the lift. Nevertheless we enjoyed our stay with this hotel. We might consider to stay back here if we ever return to Yogyakarta.
Thank you Novotel.

• Stayed January 2013
Novotel_Yogyakarta, Manager at Novotel Yogyakarta, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Dear Valued Guest

Warmest greetings from Novotel Yogyakarta..

Thank you for choosing our hotel during your visit in Yogyakarta and for taking your time to write the review. I am very pleased to learn that you had a good stay with us.
Nevertheless, it is always a pleasure to receive constructive feedback you mentioned.

I will share your comments with our team. I am sure it will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

We look forward to welcome you again in the near future.

Best regards,
Melaka
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I stay 4 nite between Nov 2012 with my kids and wife. For quick review, I listed down some pro and cons for this hotel.

Pro
1) It didn't charge me extra as I stay with my 2 kids (4-6 years), 1 infant and wife. Thus if you travel with kids, you can suit into 1 room with KING Size bed, but of course is a but crowded. The hotel have provide 1x baby crib too.

2) Bed room with wooded flooring and WIFI IS FAST ENOUGH.

3) 3 min walk to shopping center, 4-8 min to street hawker, 5-10 min walk to cafe and there is 1 factor outlet shop nearby. 5-10 min to Maliboro with taxi.

4) Bed Room is clean

5) It prepare kid play zone which consist of PS2, sand zone, TV with DVD player and toys.
Swimming pool is middle size and gym room is ok.

Cons
1) Bath room is a bit dirty especially the corner side.

2) I didn't try the food but maybe weekend buffet best to try

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank BlueDeepsea
Novotel_Yogyakarta, Manager at Novotel Yogyakarta, responded to this review, January 16, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Warmest greetings from Novotel Yogyakarta!

Thank you for choosing our hotel during your visit in Yogyakarta and for taking your time to write this review. I am very pleased to learn that you had good stay with us.
Nevertheless, it is always a pleasure to receive constructive feedback in regards of some points you mentioned and we will do immediate corrective actions on it.

As we will continue to improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant on over all stay..

Best regards,
Jakarta
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Stay in this hotel with my family, 6 adults, 3 children in 3 rooms. Takes a bit too long to check in although we already came at around 4 pm. At that time, we rent a van there to go around the city, so I could comment about the parking area that is not convenience enough, too small and not easy to maneuver .
Rooms were clean and nice, the view also quite nice because we got higher floor. Swimming pool, great for kids but maybe not for adults, because the location is in the ground floor and can be seen from corridor near lobby area.
Location is good, in one of the major street but a pity it is in a one way street, so a bit problem if we drive a car because we have to find different route to go back.
We stayed for 5 nights, and we have to say that breakfast are the most disappointment here. Taste was very standard, and we thought that there was no changing on the menus, same for 5 consecutive days. We stayed in some Novotel in different cities, and as far as we could remember, only in this hotel we found that experience.
We travel to Yogyakarta for some times and that was the first time we stayed there. Usually we have other favorite hotels but at that time they were full booked. Personally I think the most positive thing about this hotel is the location, but as a 4 star hotel especially in Yogyakarta as a warm city, it lacks warmth and hospitality.

Room Tip: Choose higher floors for better view.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ismoyofx

Dear valued Guest,

We would like to thank you and appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Novotel Yogyakarta. It is always a pleasure to receive constructive feedback with all of the issues you experienced during your last stay with us.

I am going to share your comments with our team and some points you mentioned we put on our attention for further corrective action to have continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to have another opportunity of providing a better service to you whenever your travels bring you back our way.

Kind regards,
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Recently had the opportunity to stay in Jogyakarta for one night on business. The hotel had arranged a transfer form the sirport which went smoothly and saved me a hassle when visiting a new city. The rooms were neat and clean. The room had the basics that were required. The swimming pool on the ground floor was clean and big enough to swim a couple of laps. The change rooms off the swimming pool area were a bit run down and dated but clean enough. The buffet breakfast catered for a variety of tastes. Reception was courteous and efficient. Not sure about the photo used to promote the hotel on Trip Advisor - I never saw that scene.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Warmest greetings from Novotel Yogyakarta!

Thank you for choosing our hotel during your visit in Yogyakarta and for taking your time to write this review. I am very pleased to learn that you enjoy your stay with us.
I have the liberty in sharing your kind comments and appreciation to all of our staff members.

We hope to have another opportunity of providing a better service to you whenever your travels bring you back our way.

Kind regards,