“Love this place!”
Review of Homestay Heru

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Yogyakarta
Homestay Heru
Ranked #50 of 511 Yogyakarta B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 28, 2012

This is the best homestay around Jogja. The Heru family are extremely nice and very accommodating to your needs. It's very clean, tidy and not to mention great food. I highly recommend this homestay for anyone that is looking.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank loretta_yuen

Reviewed March 22, 2012

This is the loveliest homestay I've ever been to. Ibu Heru not only teaches Indonesian language and culture, but also enriches the days with the fabulous local food and the nice atmosphere she and her family provide. Everything is clean and tidy, price is pretty reasonable. Will always come back!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank FelixAnderl
Reviewed February 26, 2012

I absolutely loved this homestay. Familyfeeling. Beautiful surroundings. Delicious food. A fantastic place to learn the language and to discover the real Indonesia. Saya senang Homestay Heru, Java, Jogja...

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank MirtheSmeets
Reviewed February 14, 2012

The streets of Yoyakarta are quite hectic. Ibu and Bapak Heru offer a small oasis away from the streets and the classroom. (They have 2 different locations, both nice) Private rooms with wifi and comfortable areas to hang out in the garden or on the roof make it a pleasant spot. The location is very good for reaching some quite good nearby restaurants, fitness centers, shopping and a variety of cultural amenities. The Indonesian food is wonderful supplemented by western style breakfasts that feature the freshest seasonal fruits ( the papaya and mango are superb with cereal and toast). Shared meals offer a nice opportunity to get to know people from all over the world. Ibu Heru is a great mediator and speaks good French and English. If you are learning Indonesian, she is a great help. I recently spent three months there and it was one of the most refreshing experiences I've had in recent years.

Some practical matters. There are plenty of mosquitoes so sometimes it is necessary to use the mosquito provided above your bed. Walking and even biking in the city are difficult so suing taxis, the bus or even renting a motorbike is recommended. Laundry service is outstanding. Ibu can help arrange many necessities and travel arrangements but with a convenience store right across the street (Indomaret), many of the basics are quite easy. Staying with Ibu is far more interesting and possibly even more comforting then most hotels. You will get an opportunity to learn something different with her.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank zjbsan
Sri Puji Lestar... e, Owner at Homestay Heru, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Dear zjbsan,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Homestay Heru. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with our crew and this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strife to continuously improve the quality of our service.

Thank you for sharing your experience and we hope your next visit will be as much pleasant as the previous one.

Reviewed February 9, 2012

I stayed at Homestay Heru for a month while studying at a local language school. I had never been to Yogykarta before and wasn't sure what to expect from a Homestay experience. I was so Very happy that I chose this family to stay with they are very kind and generous and I have made friends for life. Twice, while I was there, the guests were taken out for a meal with the Heru family and they took care of the bill for us all! The food at Homestay Heru is delicious and varied and the rooms are homely and comfortable. It was very enjoyable sharing breakfast and dinner with the other guests, most of them were studying Indonesian as I was. I still miss my new family in Yogya and will be back as soon as I can. It is an absolute bargain for such great accommodation.

• Stayed: June 2011
3  Thank KerrieG
Reviewed February 9, 2012

During my 5month staying in Jogjakarta, I was lucky to stay in Homestay Heru. The family is so warm and kind, for me it felt like coming home every single day! The rooms, the service, the people who work there are perfect. Every night having dinner together with al the other guests is so much fun and the food is delicious. For students who are considering staying in Heru, you should! It's like 5 minutes away from Sanatha Dharma and also close to other language institutes. What I liked about this location, is that you're not living in the most touristic area but you are close enough to get there in max. 15 min.
I can highly recommend this place, it will make your staying even more pleasant than the lovely city of Jogjakarta already does!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank Karin A
Reviewed February 9, 2012

We stayed at Heru Homestay several times during our visits to Yogyakarta, and we really enjoyed the warm hospitality of the Heru family, the delicious home-made food and the clean and friendly surroundings of the place. The ideal option for students or other visitors to Yogya, come and see!

Room Tip: all rooms provide A/C and hot shower, some rooms are larger (suitable for small families), esp. nice...