Jambuluwuk Malioboro
$71
$66
Agoda.com
1,137 results
All reviewsnice hotelswimming poolchildren playgrounddeluxe roommany choicesboutique hotelfamily vacationcity viewwelcome drinkinternet connectionnice poolbreakfast menutraditional foodfront officepleasant staystrategic locationmalioboro
Reviewed March 22, 2013

the hotel was nice. The distance from Jambuluwuk to Malioboro is about 10 minutes walking distance. Clean room with hotel standard equipment. breakfast is average. we had a nice mini-garden in front of our room, we were able to smoke there. Very friendly staff.. I will go back to this hotel for sure.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Irma A
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I really wanted to like this hotel in Jogjakarta but alas I had to move to another one.

The hotel itself is nice and comfortable and the room were clean and pleasant.

However, I should have read the reviews more closely, especially from those other travelers who are not native to Indonesia or don't speak Bahasa. Like someone else mentioned in a previous review I understand, when I am travelling in a non-native-english speaking country, that conversing will be a challenge - that is a great part of the adventure. However that when a hotel's website is written in english and it says that it is a 5 star hotel I expect there would be some level of english spoken by the frontline staff. My experience at the Jambuluwuk Malioboro Boutique Hotel was that this was not the case.

I had book to stay 8 nights at the hotel but had to leave after 2 because of the inability for the staff and myself to communicate on basic service requests - such as sending a power socket adapter to my room on my first night after arriving at 10pm (stupidly left mine at home); 2 telephones calls where I ask for an adapter to be sent to my room and being told 'yes' and then going down to the front desk at 12 midnight and asking in person and finally after much being shown to me as what they thought I was asking for I got the adapter.

Other communication experiences such as this over the first two days unfortunately did me in and I left for the Hyatt Recency Yogyakarta - a five star hotel with good frontline communications skills. Fortunately the hotel let me out with only having to pay 1 night penalty and I was more than happy to do that .

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The hotel is perfectly located, close to Malioboro shopping street. It is only a 5 minute walk. The rooms are very comfortable and clean. The staff is very friendly, but some of them definitely need some training, especially in the restaurant. Due to heavy rain, we decided to have dinner in the hotel's restaurant instead of going out. The waiter and the waitress didn't understand English very well, although they said they understood. This led to some mistakes in our order and also starters and main-courses where mixed up. (I know this is normal in Indonesia and that's why I asked the waiter to bring the starters first and after that the main courses).
The breakfast buffet is great, with a lot of choices of hot and cold items.
I would definitely consider staying again in this hotel, but next time I go out for dinner.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 29, 2013

The name is suggesting that this hotel is in Malioboro, while in fact it's around 1 km from Malioboro. Room is spacious and good enough, they have a small kids club although it's unmanned most of the time. However, I think that this hotel is overpriced compared to other hotels in Yogyakarta. I will not consider staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I travelled to Jogja to explore the city and visit the popular tourist destinations such as, Keraton, taman sari, candi Borobudur, candi Prambanan, Candi ratu Boko, kerakal beach, pulang syawal beach, etc. And for Jogja is well known for it's cullinaire experiences, i have a long list of local food to be tasted. So I would not spend too much time in the hotel but definitely need a comforting place for good rest after doing those activities.

I found this hotel is a perfect place for this. I picked one double standard bed room for me and my wife and one standard twin bed room for my children. The room is face to face to each other, but there's a door outside our rooms, that may be closed and we would have our two room functioned as a two room appartment.

The room is not too big but comfy. Luxurious furnitures, cable tv, tea/coffee pot, are there and enough for resting.

Hotel staffs are very helpfull, the resto is good.

Tips for traveller,
#1 for your mobility, rent a car would be a good idea. Arrange the rent car, so it will pick you up from the airport, you drive it everywhere you like, and hand back the car at the airport when you take off.

#2 Jogja has a lot of cullinaire from early morning until late at night, explore!

Room Tip: Direct reservation would be more preferable
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family